Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Watch This Before You Sell On Luck

also remember, Luck threw 7 int in his last 6 games of his senior season. NOT including the Bowl game.

Maybe we should go with tebow then since he doesn't throw interceptions.

Oh, wait, he doesn't throw the ball period!

Stats are over-rated. Wins is what matters. (Tebow is the anomaly)

averaging 1 int per game isn't that big of a deal. Peyton threw ints too. Its what you do after the int that matters.

Like Peyton, Luck has shown he can come back and make up for those ints.

That game against OSU really impressed me.

Luck won that game for Stanford, too bad the kicker lost it for them...... TWICE!

Maybe we should go with tebow then since he doesn't throw interceptions.

Oh, wait, he doesn't throw the ball period!

Stats are over-rated. Wins is what matters. (Tebow is the anomaly)

averaging 1 int per game isn't that big of a deal. Peyton threw ints too. Its what you do after the int that matters.

Like Peyton, Luck has shown he can come back and make up for those ints.

That game against OSU really impressed me.

Luck won that game for Stanford, too bad the kicker lost it for them...... TWICE!

If wins are what matters:

RG3's college record: 23 wins, 18 losses

Luck's college record: 31 wins, 7 losses

Also who knows, we may not draft Andrew Luck.

Please let's stop with this. Everyone here knows there is always a chance we might not draft luck, but realistically that chance is extremely small. It's pretty much locked we're drafting luck and that video didn't change my mind at all. It's either Luck or RGIII and the chance of Luck is very strong right now period. RGIII still has a shot of being drafted by the Colts, but it's not that big. Skepticism is might be needed every now and then, but this seems silly. Just sounds like trying to make doubts out of nothing.

Luck - 98%

RGIII - 1.9%

Someone other than the two - 0.1%

Also who knows, we may not draft Andrew Luck.

Yeah, We are going to miss the draft pick of the decade for a hyped 1-year-wonder who only had good college statistics because he fooled defenses into thinking HE was running 1st and 2nd down. Then when it ever came 3rd down for him had a QB Rating of 15.1 when facing real defensive pressure. Every down in the NFL is going to be like a college level 3rd down and RG3 is going to be proven the bust of the decade thanks to the redskins overpaying for him.

I wanted people to look at him verse a pro-style defense. I made this post to show everyone that Andrew Luck has alot of work to do to become a great quarterback in the NFL. I'm not bashing him by any means. College football was a lot harder years ago when guys like Manning, Freeney and the other vets were playing.

Then why aren't you digging up all of RG3's 3rd down failures from the college game. That is RG3's real story. And besides Luck RAN a PRO-STYLE offense. RG3 has EVEN MORE WORK to do because he doesn't even know what a PRO-STYLE OFFENSE even is!!!

I think RGIII will do alright but not in Washington where careers go to die Portis, Haynesworth (although that was his own doing) John Jansen (injuries) are justa few examples. RGIII will land their and unless hes super man he will spend alot of time running behind that line

You mean the midget pot-smoking looking QB that every Pro Analyst has as an undrafted QB free agent for 2012. Yeah, thats such a great idea. :hello:

me thinks you need to check your sarcasm detector...the batteries might be dead

I think RGIII will do alright but not in Washington where careers go to die Portis, Haynesworth (although that was his own doing) John Jansen (injuries) are justa few examples. RGIII will land their and unless hes super man he will spend alot of time running behind that line

Portis is a terrible example of this. He had a good career w Washington. That trade of him and Champ Bailey was good for both teams w the advantage to Denver.

And they also had no WRs either last season to help open up for those TEs.

Owusu is their fastest WR and he hardly played.

owusu was hurt most of the year which is why he hardly played. he came back in the notre dame game but was out again. and i dont think he was throwin to once in that game. but may be wrong about that. im still depressed over that game :( was hoping the irish would beat luck atleast once. darn quarterbacks for notre dame have sucked hoping this gunner kiehl kid is all that hes hyped up to be.

Always out of the shotgun. in the NFL thats gonna stop quick.

Luck took the majority of his snaps under center over his career. Stanford couldn't run it well that night and were getting all over Luck so he came out of shotgun more than normal. He was missing two big targets in that game as well. To be concerned about a prospect because of probably the worst game of his career is nonsense. And Oregon doesn't have a pro-style defense, but they do have a ton of speed and Stanford is a slower power team.

I wanted people to look at him verse a pro-style defense. I made this post to show everyone that Andrew Luck has alot of work to do to become a great quarterback in the NFL. I'm not bashing him by any means. College football was a lot harder years ago when guys like Manning, Freeney and the other vets were playing.

College football was harder a decade ago? When teams ran gimmicky systems to make up for athleticism?

The athletes at the college level are bigger, stronger, faster and better coached than they were a decade ago.

I've watched just a handful of Stanford games, so you'll have to take my post with a grain of salt. He seems to have all the physical attributes, as well as the intelligence. But in my opinion, there is one sole attribute that I like about Luck, that makes him stand out above the rest: when he or the offense makes a mistake, he gets angry. I mean REALLY angry about it. In some guys, this might be a downside, but in Luck, it actually elevates his play by like 150%.

I've seen him make a bad throw that ended up in an interception. What happens next? They get the ball back and he drives the field in like 2 minutes for a TD.

This is the "fire" that so rare, that so many QBs don't have. Brady used to have it, although I'm not sure he does anymore. I'm not sure that Manning ever had it. As much as I love Peyton, I've seen so many times where Manning got frustrated, and it was all down hill from there.

In this game, Luck was 27 of 41 pass attempts, at a 65.9 completion percentage. He threw 3 TD's to 2 INT's. This was his worst game of the season, so considering that these numbers are far better than some QB's at their best, it's not too bad.

If wins are what matters:

RG3's college record: 23 wins, 18 losses

Luck's college record: 31 wins, 7 losses

Thats the funny thing Frog...there just isnt a solid argument against Luck no matter how you slice it.

He has the stats, wins, size, smarts, etc....

You just hear alot of fans say "he's way over hyped". When you ask them why they have a hard time giving an answer and then usually refer to Ryan Leaf as an example.

Nothing wrong with having the opinion he's over hyped or that he will be a bust but there really is no basis for arguing it as a likely outcome.

Thats the funny thing Frog...there just isnt a solid argument against Luck no matter how you slice it.

He has the stats, wins, size, smarts, etc....

You just hear alot of fans say "he's way over hyped". When you ask them why they have a hard time giving an answer and then usually refer to Ryan Leaf as an example.

Nothing wrong with having the opinion he's over hyped or that he will be a bust but there really is no basis for arguing it as a likely outcome.

I agree. People are entitled to their opinions. But knowledgeable experts who scout for a living, have done the complete comparisons between Luck and RG3, and it is more than a majority consensus, but almost a unanimous consensus that Luck is head and shoulders above RG3 as a draft prospect.

Although Luck isn't exactly a slouch in either area, either.

That's why I said neither were a big advantage. Neither are deficiencies of Luck, they are just the strengths of another great prospect.

dont let one game change your minds. Obviously he has alot to learn.

Any college quarterback likes to go outof the pocket alot. That is something he will learn in the NFL. he will learn to be a pocket QB. It shows his versatility of getting out of the pocket at times. He reminds me of an Eli Manning when he got out of them alot. Its very helpful in the NFL. He even knows how to throw when hes getting tackled.

So am I the only one who watched that and thought that Luck was the least of Stanford's problems that game?

No. Im with you Jaric.

Stanford lost the Oregon games mainly because their defense couldnt get a stop. Oregon was a matchup nightmare for Stanford's defense.

Hard to win a game when your defense gives up 50+.

That's why I said neither were a big advantage. Neither are deficiencies of Luck, they are just the strengths of another great prospect.

6'4" 230lbs with Cam Newton speed and Peyton Manning intelligence and command of the offense? I'll take it...

I can't see how this isn't a no brainer....

Then why aren't you digging up all of RG3's 3rd down failures from the college game. That is RG3's real story. And besides Luck RAN a PRO-STYLE offense. RG3 has EVEN MORE WORK to do because he doesn't even know what a PRO-STYLE OFFENSE even is!!!

Because people think we're going to draft Andrew Luck. I've seen Robert play and I actually him about the same as Luck. I'll add RG3 into the mix though sorry!

No. Im with you Jaric.

Stanford lost the Oregon games mainly because their defense couldnt get a stop. Oregon was a matchup nightmare for Stanford's defense.

Hard to win a game when your defense gives up 50+.

I was actually very impressed with his accuracy and mobilty. His receivers and offensive linemen didn't do him any favors that game.

what really matters is yes he is going to make mistakes its part of the learning experience he will have, the important issue is he dont repeat those mistakes time and time again and learns from them, which given that he can retain information at a high level I dont think its likely he will make many mistakes repeatedly

Wow. watching the first 2 minutes of the RG3 vs Oklahoma game solidifies my stance on RG3 being a bust in the NFL. He's always looking for the long bomb. Doesn't seem to read the defenses. I'm pretty sure the NFL defenses will tear him down before 2 seasons are over with.

I never saw the OP game, so I watched that tape without looking at the score. I would like to see him get his stance/feet placement a little tighter or more compact b/c the pockets aren't as big in the NFL, but from the throws I saw some really good descision making. To me watching that tape you had too many keys drops and missed blocking assigments to ever expect to win against the best.