Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

KC vs Houston Your Take

King Colt

This is gonna be huge next week. We win, we lead the division. They win, we have a massive uphill battle to reclaim the South.

The Jags and Titans don’t seem that likely to compete for the division, I think it’s up to us to hold down the Texans from the top.

We need to play even better than against the Chiefs next week to win. At least it’s at home

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wow, KC lost again. I was wrong with that prediction. Next week is really huge now. They were up 17-3 early too. 

Just to keep it in perspective though, we have to keep in mind that Andy Reid sucks at playcalling and the Chiefs D is vomit-inducing. If we have everyone but Hooker back, we will be a much tougher out.

More than anything, this game just goes to show how bad the Chiefs really are if you play against their weaknesses.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They will have a two game lead  on us next week if we lose.  If we lose we are going to have to hope for a wildcard. Not sure how we are going to do against their WR.

Fuller is talented but drops a lot. Hopkins is obviously the real threat. I think the key to beating them will be similar to the Chiefs, pressure Watson on D and slow down the run, then on O just grind it out with Mack and short passes. The Chiefs went for big chunk plays WAY too many times, and their defense is easily one of the worst in the league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The fact they didn’t take the kneel down right before the half cot them this game. 

That was just dumb and was the play of the game. They got too cocky.

1 minute ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

They had 1:32 to play with three timeouts, you don’t take a kneel down there. The thing that cost them on that part was the fact that the Chiefs O-line is garbage.

Wasn't there just 32 seconds left?

47 minutes ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Fuller is talented but drops a lot. Hopkins is obviously the real threat. I think the key to beating them will be similar to the Chiefs, pressure Watson on D and slow down the run, then on O just grind it out with Mack and short passes. The Chiefs went for big chunk plays WAY too many times, and their defense is easily one of the worst in the league.

Yep I think the game plan will be the same as it was for the chiefs. I was reading on twitter the sun was really bad and why he might of dropped those TD. I couldn’t watch the game so was just following the nfl APP.

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

It seems like Mahommes is coming back to earth.  He could have easily had 3 turn overs today. Their screen games is very dangerous.  I feel that teams r going to copy what the Colts and Lions did.  All their talent is on the offense and Clark looks like a bust.  

Watson has more passing yards the Jacoby but they ran for almost 200 yards so they did use the same blueprint. KC schedule is not kind. They have the packers and Vikings. Both teams can run the ball

Looks to me like the chiefs are swirling. They barely beat the lions, they got bullied by us, and now they lost at their own game blowing a 17-3 lead at home. They need to stop treating Mahomes like superman and run the damn ball

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Just to keep it in perspective though, we have to keep in mind that Andy Reid sucks at playcalling and the Chiefs D is vomit-inducing. If we have everyone but Hooker back, we will be a much tougher out.

More than anything, this game just goes to show how bad the Chiefs really are if you play against their weaknesses.

Yeah Andy Reid is a terrible play caller.     haha

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Houston did almost exactly what the colts did. Watson  had under 300 yards and they ran for almost 200.

KC kind of reminds me of Indy the year they won the Super Bowl.  Can't stop the run for anything, so if the offense sputters early and gives the other team a chance to build a lead then they wear the defense down by running it down their throat.

Even though that isn't exactly what happened in this game.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Looks to me like the chiefs are swirling. They barely beat the lions, they got bullied by us, and now they lost at their own game blowing a 17-3 lead at home. They need to stop treating Mahomes like superman and run the damn ball

The Texans actually gave up 5 yards a carry. KC just didn’t run it enough.

13 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah Andy Reid is a terrible play caller.     haha

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic, but every game I’ve seen of him playcalling he always makes at least one horrendous decision. He has cost them several games with that stuff. 

Also, his offensive game plan vs Houston was braindead.