Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton Missed Games Stat

King Colt

37 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

It would be great if he can sit out the second half if we have a lead, but we cannot afford to lose this game. I'd play him if he can go. I'd rather he rest against KC, if it came down to it.

Yep. I think that would be the best option. I don’t think Reich is thinking to sit him because he thinks we can beat Oakland without him. If he can play he will play just like any game. TY did say he wasn’t needed the second half against the falcons as one of the the reasons they benched him. Hopefully that can happen again. I would love to get a huge lead and even sit JB a little in the fourth. With the defensive injuries o don’t think we will get that big of a lead though. Even just limiting TY snaps might be OK. He will have had a week to rest it so hopefully it’s good to go Sunday. If we were playing Miami I would probably be ok to sit him.

3 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

TY was back in practice (limited) today. Reich is pondering whether to use him against KC or let him rest through the bye week.  

He has  to use him as a decoy at the very least. Will change the way the defense  plays us.

13 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

TY was back in practice (limited) today. Reich is pondering whether to use him against KC or let him rest through the bye week.  

No that isn’t what he said. When asked if the bye is a consideration to play him he said every game is critical but is something you think about. I don’t think he is going to sit him unless there is a significant chance of tearing it ect. If it’s sore he has two weeks to rest it before Huston.  He stressed every game is critical.

30 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No that isn’t what he said. When asked if the bye is a consideration to play him he said every game is critical but is something you think about. I don’t think he is going to sit him unless there is a significant chance of tearing it ect. If it’s sore he has two weeks to rest it before Huston.  He stressed every game is critical.

It wasn't a direct quote, but it's what he said. In fact it's what you just restated above. He's thinking about it. That's called pondering. 

There's a reason I skip 95% of your posts, Chloe.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

If he is healthy he plays.   What's you're point?

Point 1 - to bring information to the board to be discussed.

Point 2 - that TY apparently isn't fully recovered

Point 3 - that Reich made a statement

Point 4 - TY could have played last week, but didn't, so not sure what YOUR point is

Point 5 - it's your, not you're (contraction of 'you are')

3 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Point 1 - to bring information to the board to be discussed.

Point 2 - that TY apparently isn't fully recovered

Point 3 - that Reich made a statement

Point 4 - TY could have played last week, but didn't, so not sure what YOUR point is

Point 5 - it's your, not you're (contraction of 'you are')

TY wasn't healthy enough to play last week.   If he was, he would have played. 

Autocorrect 

1 minute ago, IinD said:

TY is the Reggie/Marvin type. Anything short of ligament tears, he plays.

He's definitely #3 all time fave at WR for me behind those guys.

Since the Colts moved to Indianapolis, he is the 3rd best of all-time IMO as a Colts WR. Marv is #1, Reggie is #2, TY is 3rd :thmup:. TE wise Clark is #1 IMO.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, IinD said:

TY is the Reggie/Marvin type. Anything short of ligament tears, he plays.

He's definitely #3 all time fave at WR for me behind those guys.

This is my list...subject to change, of course as TY continues.

#1 Reggie

#2 Marvin

#3 Raymond Berry

#4 Bill Brooks

#5 Ty Hilton

#6 Roger Carr

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

This is my list...subject to change, of course as TY continues.

#1 Reggie

#2 Marvin

#3 Raymond Berry

#4 Bill Brooks

#5 Ty Hilton

#6 Roger Carr

Nice on the Brooks mention. Loved that guy.

Marvin gotta be first man. He was Gumby with gorilla glue on this fingertips. :D

Loved those battles with Rashean Mathis. He couldn't handle Marv.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2019 at 4:51 PM, Orioles22 said:

It would be great if he can sit out the second half if we have a lead, but we cannot afford to lose this game. I'd play him if he can go. I'd rather he rest against KC, if it came down to it.

How did you conclude “we cannot afford to lose this game.”??

It’s week 5.   All AFC South teams are 2-2.    We’re not expected to win.  We’re double digit underdogs.    Of course we can afford to lose the game.    Waking up the next day 2-3 is NOT the end of the world.   The season is still young.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

How did you conclude “we cannot afford to lose this game.”??

It’s week 5.   All AFC South teams are 2-2.    We’re not expected to win.  We’re double digit underdogs.    Of course we can afford to lose the game.    Waking up the next day 2-3 is NOT the end of the world.   The season is still young.

I agree, we have a lot of winnable games after this KC game. It is only game 5, 2-3 isn't that bad with the schedule we have. If we can be 7-5 through 12 games it will be all good. We were actually 6-6 through 12 last season.

• Thanks 1