Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton Missed Games Stat

King Colt

23 minutes ago, King Colt said:

NFL Network said he has missed a total of four (4) games in his career so needless to say he can nd does play hurt.

He showed how tough he was last year playing the last ~1/4 of the season with 2 ankle sprains.... I don't think he practiced at all during that stretch, but he showed up for game day.  It was kind of obvious that he was a little slower than normal in the KC playoff game, but the guy is a warrior.

My concern with the quad is that it seems to be a nagging issue and it's early in the year.  I think we can beat OAK without TY and I doubt we beat KC at this point of the season with TY or not.  He said after the game he reinjured the quad a few plays before the TD but wanted to stay in there to help his team and then reinjured it again.  He said he worked with team doctors and collectively decided there was too high a risk of tearing the quad if he remained in the game throughout the 2nd half.

In my opinion, I'd almost rather see him sit the next 2 weeks and get through the bye week and come back fully healthy.  That, to me, is a better scenario than having him tear his quad next week and missing significant time down the stretch... I guess he and the doctors know best, though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

In my opinion, I'd almost rather see him sit the next 2 weeks and get through the bye week and come back fully healthy.  That, to me, is a better scenario than having him tear his quad next week and missing significant time down the stretch.

Does seem to make sense.  Let that think heal so it isn't a lingering problem.  

Let the other guys step up.  They could use the time on the field.  It will help in the long run.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

I think  he should sit. We need him versus Texans. 

I'm torn on this.  We need to win this Raiders game.  The Raiders are not as bad as some think.  They are not Dolphins/Jets/Arizona bad.  

However, it'd be nice to have a well rested Hilton back after the bye.  

2 hours ago, gspdx said:

Does seem to make sense.  Let that think heal so it isn't a lingering problem.  

Let the other guys step up.  They could use the time on the field.  It will help in the long run.

I tend to agree. The Lebron mentality isn't bad with your stud and older players. Rest them when it makes sense. It certainly does here. 

The young studs in Cain and Campbell need to be put in the spotlight a bit and have the offense run through them some. They are only going to get better by T.Y.'s absense at times... We have to be able to win without any single player. Have to. 

• Like 1

I'm conflicted at the severity of this injury. His recent comments make it sound to me that he isn't going to play. I wonder if they had tests done yesterday/today. 

On one hand at the point he left the game we just went up 20-3 and it's been said that he actually aggravated the injury plays earlier. So he was obviously still able to run/produce with it bothering him but at that point we were dominating, so how pre-cautionary was it? 

On the other hand, I know he's a fierce competitor and think that he would never keep himself out of the game unless absolutely necessary. I know the doctors may have pushed his hand a bit but I really hope this isn't a bigger issue then they are letting on. 

The passing game actually looked so fluid with him in that first half. Everyone was getting involved and there was a rhythm that I haven't seen from this team in a long time. 

Just now, jameszeigler834 said:

We must win this game cause we are not and I mean not beating KC.

I'm not saying the Colts will or will not beat the Chiefs, I'm just saying that many people said the exact same thing last year when the Colts were getting ready to play the Cowboys.  There was no way the Colts could stop Zeke in the running game and Cooper in the passing game.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm not saying the Colts will or will not beat the Chiefs, I'm just saying that many people said the exact same thing last year when the Colts were getting ready to play the Cowboys.  There was no way the Colts could stop Zeke in the running game and Cooper in the passing game.

We couldn't slow down Kelce in the playoff game even though Hillwith most likely miss this game Hardman is just as good as Hill and Robinson is better version of chris conley.

10 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

We couldn't slow down Kelce in the playoff game even though Hillwith most likely miss this game Hardman is just as good as Hill and Robinson is better version of chris conley.

They are a tough team, no doubt.  And, IMO, they have the best chance of going undefeated this season and a very likely chance of wining 14 or 15 games in regular season.

A few other things, Hardman is not as good as Hill and Robinson has been in the league for 4 years and he has been a disappointment up until the last couple of games.  He has stepped up big time when the Chiefs needed him to, but I'm still not sold he can do that long term.

I still would not make any definitive declarations regarding the game.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm torn on this.  We need to win this Raiders game.  The Raiders are not as bad as some think.  They are not Dolphins/Jets/Arizona bad.  

However, it'd be nice to have a well rested Hilton back after the bye.  

No we don't need this win necessarily it would be nice to won 3 in a row but I think we can win without TY raiders secondary is weak anyway

53 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

The chiefs do everything that is a weakness of the colts. All I want is hopefully for us to keep it somewhat close.  KC would have to have a off game and make a lot of mistakes for the colts to win. 

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

They are a tough team, no doubt.  And, IMO, they have the best chance of going undefeated this season and a very likely chance of wining 14 or 15 games in regular season.

A few other things, Hardman is not as good as Hill and Robinson has been in the league for 4 years and he has been a disappointment up until the last couple of games.  He has stepped up big time when the Chiefs needed him to, but I'm still not sold he can do that long term.

i think you put too much emphasis on the receivers and not Mahomes he’s a major part regardless of who’s at wr and it’s shown

25 minutes ago, will426 said:

i think you put too much emphasis on the receivers and not Mahomes he’s a major part regardless of who’s at wr and it’s shown

Andy Reid's offense has always put yards and points on the board.  His biggest hurdle has been defense in the playoffs.   I don't think our defense can keep up with them yet,   but Belichick will again. 

4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Robinson didn't get a lot of snaps he was their 5th WR until Conley left as for hardman he has been their third best option since hill went down and I would say he is just about as fast as hill.

14 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Colts were favored in that game against the Cowboys.   

Colts will be double digit underdogs against the Chiefs.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

No we don't need this win necessarily it would be nice to won 3 in a row but I think we can win without TY raiders secondary is weak anyway

I disagree.  KC is a loss.   We'd be 2-3 if we lose this.   I think the division is what we need to win.    

32 minutes ago, Myles said:

Colts were favored in that game against the Cowboys.   

Colts will be double digit underdogs against the Chiefs.  

There are more to odds than who will win.  Most "analysts", colts fans on this forum and even book makers thought the "Boys would win.

Additionally, I don't think the Colts winning will be easy, I don't even think it will be likely, but I am not going to chalk it up as a loss, this team has proven to resilient to dismiss them like that.

32 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

There are more to odds than who will win.  Most "analysts", colts fans on this forum and even book makers thought the "Boys would win.

Additionally, I don't think the Colts winning will be easy, I don't even think it will be likely, but I am not going to chalk it up as a loss, this team has proven to resilient to dismiss them like that.

I'm chalking it up as a loss.   Huge bonus we we win somehow, but it's almost a lock to be a loss.   

I do remember some thinking the Cowboys would beat us, but not nearly the amount that are fairly certain the Chiefs will beat us in KC.   Anything can happen and I'll be hoping, but if we lose to the Raiders, we'll be under .500 going into the bye week.  

22 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This Oakland game is actually more important then the KC game because with or without TY we are not winning in KC. So you could always rest him for the KC game If it’s sore after the Oakland game. That gives him three weeks to get it healed.

Let's not get too pessimistic. I'm not gonna roll over and show my belly 2 weeks away from that game. Anything can happen on a given Sunday, we both know that.

I vote we sit Hilton or put him on a pitch count for the Raiders game (we can easily beat them without him) and then play him against KC