Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who will have a better season?

Stephen

Who will have the better season?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have a better season Deon Cain or Parris Campbell?

• Cain
    • Campbell

Not sure if I have missed any reports but I have not heard the same "buzz" around Cain as there was before his injury.  No one was saying he was looking poor or slow or anything like that, just seemed more focussed on Fountain this year.

The reaction from Reich in the draft room tells me there are big plans for Campbell this year.

Cain put together a pretty solid preseason. Hopefully it transfers to the regular season in 2019. 

Campbell played well in his only action of the preseason against the Bengals. Both look promising going forward. 

With the talent on offense, the only problem I see, is everyone getting enough touches. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveA1102 said:

Not sure if I have missed any reports but I have not heard the same "buzz" around Cain as there was before his injury.  No one was saying he was looking poor or slow or anything like that, just seemed more focussed on Fountain this year.

The reaction from Reich in the draft room tells me there are big plans for Campbell this year.

Yea think Campbell  will be the slot wr when funchess  is not

5 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

Every time I see a national report where the colts WR are mentioned Cain is never mentioned. I do think he will have a good season.

On 9/5/2019 at 3:29 AM, DaveA1102 said:

I’m gonna say Cain. As for not the same buzz around him this year as last imho is the fact he showed it last year and got all the attention while his higher picked WR teammate struggled. This year, they were talking about how smooth and unhindered Cain was coming back and having no troubles. Fountain absorbed all the oxygen this year and was sounding like the guy to watch until bad crap hit. 

My other concern is the speedy rookie rookie with the month long absence with hammy issues. Speed and Jammie’s always scare me. 

On 9/5/2019 at 8:50 AM, Chloe6124 said:

Every time I see a national report where the colts WR are mentioned Cain is never mentioned. I do think he will have a good season.

National reporters look at small samples of the team and draft picks. Cain was a last year guy. With TY and DF being the hot topics of the team (one super established and other big $$ FA pick up) Cain storyline gets pushed down. Campbell is the new storyline and draft pick sensation for the team. As someone else mentioned, so many pass catching options for the team that seem pretty good, it’s hard to really stand out over the next guy now. Last year, Cain was just hitting his potential marks on the field until injured, same thing with Fountain this year. 

I just look for Cain to put those hands and routes and speed plus 1 year knowledge now of the playbook. Sounds like he worked hard in the offseason. I think we should be in good shape. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I hope Cain, because I have him on my fantasy football team (Campbell was drafted 2 picks before mine in the 13th round when I was going to take him).  Cain, I got with the 2nd to last pick in the last round.

Although I picked Campbell I like your reasoning LOL!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm just in a family league for fun and we have 6 bench players, so my plan was to draft post and sit on them until one emerged.  But it didn't work out that way.

I got cain and campbell in my league, but frank seems to be more hype about campbell than the other wrs. I think Campbell could be a 100 catch 10 plus td guy. cain can be a 10 plus td guy. funchess if targeted enough could be a 10 td guy.