Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Running Game

Shepman

More than ever we need that top 5 running game.  We also cannot rely on what is backing up Mack.  He is one play away from his next injury.  Who could we legitimately get Even if it cost us as we will have more money to spend moving forward.

Invest imo is better placed in RB than Vet QB right now.

• Like 1

the running game is an attidue imo while i don't subscribe that frank is going to be running the football 2/3 of his play calling i think him giving it lip service in the office season was about getting more physical. very excitied to see how the run game looks for us this season but i'd like the team to be able to run effectively when needed. to rest the Def to keep a lead and to close out games.

Interesting thought.  Even before Lucks retirement I thought the RB group was our weakest position group.  Many people think we will try to be more of a running team now to take pressure off of Brissett.  I don't see it that way.  I don't see anything changing from a strategy perspective.  I think they stay the course with Brissett.   We could use a stronger RB group though.  I'm expecting them to address it somehow at cutdown time.  I think Kelly has a spot waiting for him when his suspension is over.  I don't see them trying to put him on the practice squad so trading for a vet backup would surprise me.  But trying to improve our RB group would not.  

To me the run game is 80-90% online. Any NFL back can be successful if not touched for first 3 yards imo. Obviously a RB ability also matters to take the run game to the next level. I believe Mack can be a top 10 back in this league but that is totally dependant on his health. There will be quality backs come available with cutdowns. I would rather find a gem there instead of trading for one unless the value is just too good to pass up. 

I'm not really sold on the RB situation.   I think Mack is good but not great.  I think Hines is a bit overrated.   I'm not convinced that we have the RB to plow through for 2 yards.  

I hope I'm wrong, and I may be.   Just my opinion.   

The biggest issue in the running game is going to be not having Luck. JB is going to have to prove he can get it down the field to open up the run game. 

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm not really sold on the RB situation.   I think Mack is good but not great.  I think Hines is a bit overrated.   I'm not convinced that we have the RB to plow through for 2 yards.  

I hope I'm wrong, and I may be.   Just my opinion.   

He did a great job in the Texans playoff game running out the clock.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, C0lts088 said:

image.thumb.png.fdf2ea282f86d6112f1653a498581cf6.png

(Zeke is bolded because it comes from an article about Zeke) 

zekes average is brought down because he had so many attempts, wilkins likely wouldnt be up there if he had the same number

sample size is important