Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football Advise 2019 Edition Ask Here

22 hours ago, chad72 said:

Next week, would you be fine with dropping Ryan Tannehill that is going against the Panthers if your QBs are Lamar Jackson and Drew Brees (on a bye next week) even if Lamar is playing the Patriots at home? Standard league with 4 pts for passing TD where rushing QB is valued a lot.

@Narcosys @Jared Cisneros

I'm not sure you can trust Jackson at all against that defense. He could have his lowest score of the season, or close to the Pittsburgh matchup.

6 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I'm not sure you can trust Jackson at all against that defense. He could have his lowest score of the season, or close to the Pittsburgh matchup.

I also have Mark Ingram as my 3rd RB (Cook, Fournette are main ones) plus Austin Ekeler vs GB. Would you rather play Ekeler over Ingram?

31 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I also have Mark Ingram as my 3rd RB (Cook, Fournette are main ones) plus Austin Ekeler vs GB. Would you rather play Ekeler over Ingram?

Yes I would, because he has the most receiving tds on the team. 

What defense would you stream 

Jets at Mia

Bills vs Was

Hawks vs TB

Just now, Narcosys said:

Yes I would. 

What defense would you stream 

Jets at Mia

Bills vs Was

Hawks vs TB

Jets lost C.J.Mosley for 5-6 weeks and a lot of guys are frustrated with their offensive ineptitude and have checked out. I expect Miami to put up 20 points for sure, so I would go with Bills first. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Jets lost C.J.Mosley for 5-6 weeks and a lot of guys are frustrated with their offensive ineptitude and have checked out. I expect Miami to put up 20 points for sure, so I would go with Bills first. 

Full ppr

Obj at Denver

G. Tate vs Dallas

R. Anderson at Miami 

An argument could be made for either. 

9 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Full ppr

Obj at Denver

G. Tate vs Dallas

R. Anderson at Miami 

An argument could be made for either. 

Golden Tate seems to be the best choice here. Dallas does not give up big plays typically, so lots of dinking and dunking and full PPR points for Tate.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Golden Tate seems to be the best choice here. Dallas does not give up big plays typically, so lots of dinking and dunking and full PPR points for Tate.

Another league,  I just saw Tyrell Williams available. 

Do I drop Robby Anderson or Terry Mclaurin to pick him up, or stick with what I've got?  Keep in mind, I'm starting Anderson now ans would likely have to play Williams this week. 

12 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Another league,  I just saw Tyrell Williams available. 

Do I drop Robby Anderson or Terry Mclaurin to pick him up, or stick with what I've got?  Keep in mind, I'm starting Anderson now ans would likely have to play Williams this week. 

Drop Robby to pick him up. Robby is like that tease with a good schedule but bad QB and O-line that never materializes. It is a crap shoot with him. McLaurin and T. Williams have history and a decent enough OL compared to what Robby's team has. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Drop Robby to pick him up. Robby is like that tease with a good schedule but bad QB and O-line that never materializes. It is a crap shoot with him. McLaurin and T. Williams have history and a decent enough OL compared to what Robby's team has. 

That's what I thought. 

21 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I am thinking Lamar has a good game vs the Patriots, mainly because of his legs. 

I bet the Patriots go dime formation throughout the game to clog all lanes for Lamar to run or pass, like the Chargers did vs Lamar in the playoff game. However, I do think he will hit on some broken plays and give me enough production with his legs to warrant me playing him. 

If he gets 50 yards on the ground and 150 yards passing with 1 passing/rushing TD, that is still 15-17 points, as much as most QBs on the waiver wire would give me. That is being conservative, IMO as the ceiling could be 100 yards on the ground and 200 yards passing with 2 TDs (1 passing, 1 rushing).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, runthepost said:

@chad72 @Narcosys

Who to start

QB: Carr  vs Detroit, Mahomes vs Minn

RB Mack vs Pitt *

RB Howard Vs Chi *

Wr: John Brown vs Was*

Wr: Curtis Samuel vs Tenn

TE: Henry vs GB *
Flex: Olsen vs Tenn, Willams vs SD, Brown vs NE, Conley vs Hou

K: Prater

Def: NE

Byes: Michael Thomas Calvin Ridley

My options in bold above. Mahomes most likely won't be back till the Titans game.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, chad72 said:

Dang, someone put 13 on Bills. Best options are:

Cleveland at Denver

Denver  vs Cleveland

Seattle vs TB

Dallas at giants

Philly vs Chicago

Jets at Miami

2 hours ago, runthepost said:

@chad72 @Narcosys

Who to start

QB: Carr  vs Detroit, Mahomes vs Minn

RB Mack vs Pitt *

RB Howard Vs Chi *

Wr: John Brown vs Was*

Wr: Curtis Samuel vs Tenn

TE: Henry vs GB *
Flex: Olsen vs Tenn, Willams vs SD, Brown vs NE, Conley vs Hou

K: Prater

Def: NE

Byes: Michael Thomas Calvin Ridley

13 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Dang, someone put 13 on Bills. Best options are:

Cleveland at Denver

Denver  vs Cleveland

Seattle vs TB

Dallas at giants

Philly vs Chicago

Jets at Miami

Here is my surprise pick. Broncos.

Weeks 1-4 DVOA on defense for Broncos - 26th in the league

Weeks 5-8 DVOA on defense for Broncos - 3rd in the league

Fangio has really turned that D around in just 1 month. They are going to rely on newcomer Ryan Allen, and that would mean the D is going to do everything they can to support him vs the Browns.

25 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Fangio has really turned that D around in just 1 month. They are going to rely on newcomer Ryan Allen, and that would mean the D is going to do everything they can to support him vs the Browns.

Interesting

18 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@chad72

Start Jaylen Samuels or Marlon mack?

Flex G. Tate vs dallas or Tyrell Williams vs Det? I have Darren Waller as TE too.

Pick up Chris Conley and drop McLaurin?

Check D.J.Chark injury report. If he is somewhat limited, then Chris Conley is a good play, but not at the cost of dropping McLaurin. Jaylen Samuels because I feel he is a good pass catching back that Colts have given production to in the past. 

Tyrell Williams has a slight edge because of the many mouths to feed on the Giants if Sterling is active. In the Raiders, it is pretty much 3 - Josh Jacobs, Tyrell Williams and Darren Waller for the most part.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Yes.

Between Hollywood and Brown Curtis Samuel would any of them be worth dropping for Amendola?

Not sure. Curtis Samuel has a better schedule coming up, and is the teaser like Robby Anderson is, I have both of them in a league :( 

I'd have to lean towards Marquise Brown for dropping since he does not get many looks but then, as soon as I type it, he takes one to the house vs the Patriots. :) 

23 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Check D.J.Chark injury report. If he is somewhat limited, then Chris Conley is a good play, but not at the cost of dropping McLaurin. Jaylen Samuels because I feel he is a good pass catching back that Colts have given production to in the past. 

Tyrell Williams has a slight edge because of the many mouths to feed on the Giants if Sterling is active. In the Raiders, it is pretty much 3 - Josh Jacobs, Tyrell Williams and Darren Waller for the most part.

I've got to wait on some injury reports with Williams and Adams.  Current lineup

WR: Thomas, Adams*, Williams*, Diggs, McLaurin, G. Tate

RB: Cook, Mack, Samuels, Gore

If Adams and Williams are out, its pretty set.  But Adams is likely out so then it's flexing mack/Samuels or Tate.

On 10/8/2019 at 5:02 PM, CR91 said:

Well depends on how well eleker plays with Gordon, but I think you won

I hope LeVeon Bell produces down the stretch, otherwise giving up Austin Ekeler and Emmanuel Sanders seems like a lost trade now. :( 

Moral of the story - wait till the week of Halloween to do any trades since that is the trade deadline, never knew Sanders' ceiling could go up with the trade to the 49ers. 

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I hope LeVeon Bell produces down the stretch, otherwise giving up Austin Ekeler and Emmanuel Sanders seems like a lost trade now. :( 

Moral of the story - wait till the week of Halloween to do any trades since that is the trade deadline, never knew Sanders' ceiling could go up with the trade to the 49ers. 

I pulled a trade for Evans by trading Ridley and sanders before he went off for 31 points haha

On 10/30/2019 at 5:25 PM, chad72 said:

With Hilton out,  my other option is Steelers.  Better play than Broncos?

6 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Tough spot.  I've got Adams in my flex but I'm seriously thinking he's going to be a decoy.  Even if he's healthy do I bench him,  and if so do I flex Mack at Pit or G. Tate vs Dal

With the Chargers' run D woes, Aaron Jones and Jamal Williams will be doing the damage. Bench Adams and play both Mack and Tate if it is full PPR. If it is standard, Tate's ceiling will be capped and Adams becomes a push play vs Tate.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

With the Chargers' run D woes, Aaron Jones and Jamal Williams will be doing the damage. Bench Adams and play both Mack and Tate if it is full PPR. If it is standard, Tate's ceiling will be capped and Adams becomes a push play vs Tate.

Half ppr. Starting Samuel's,  and I might be forced to play Tate since Adam's plays fitst and is a game time decision. 

With how good brissett is at being careful with the ball,  the Broncos will probably have more opportunities at fumbles, ints, and even sacks.  

10 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Half ppr. Starting Samuel's,  and I might be forced to play Tate since Adam's plays fitst and is a game time decision. 

With how good brissett is at being careful with the ball,  the Broncos will probably have more opportunities at fumbles, ints, and even sacks.  

It is at home for the Broncos, so don't overthink it, just play them.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

It is at home for the Broncos, so don't overthink it, just play them.

How you feeling about D. Adams? Think he's going to pull a DJ? 

I've got two choices play mack now in flex and bench Adams, or take my chances and have G. Tate as my backup.  Of course if he is a go but doesn't play,  then I'm really toast 

53 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

How you feeling about D. Adams? Think he's going to pull a DJ? 

I've got two choices play mack now in flex and bench Adams, or take my chances and have G. Tate as my backup.  Of course if he is a go but doesn't play,  then I'm really toast 

Play Mack regardless, Colts will have to keep the Pitt. D honest so that they cannot blindly rush Brissett. I do not think Adams will produce that much more than Mack, to be honest. Plus, with all the DL injuries for the Chargers, it is hard to fathom it not being a Jones/Williams show.

Christian McCaffrey is the man! I've had him in all of my starting lineups (daily PPR leagues) and he never disappoints. Even in his below average games, (like last week) he has manged to deliver double digit points. 

@ Narcosys, did you end up playing Mack as flex? Despite the result, he had a nice game. 

11 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Christian McCaffrey is the man! I've had him in all of my starting lineups (daily PPR leagues) and he never disappoints. Even in his below average games, (like last week) he has manged to deliver double digit points. 

@ Narcosys, did you end up playing Mack as flex? Despite the result, he had a nice game. 

No I played Adams and started Samuels. It wouldn't have mattered. Diggs, Cook, Waller, T. Williams, all did nothing for me.

Well that was one heckuva flop for a week, and against the weakest team in the league. He get his second highest score of the season, 105, but I underperform by 41 points and only get 84.  With my remaining schedule, I'm pretty sure it cost me the playoffs.

Either way. My next weeks lineup:

QB: Winston vs Ari

RB: Cook @ Dal, Mack vs Mia, J. Samuel vs Rams, Gore, @ Cle, Mattison @ Dal

WR: Thomas vs Atl, D. Adams vs Car, G. Tate vs NYJ, Diggs @ Dal, T. Williams  vs LAC, McLaurin(Bye)

TE: Waller vs LAC

D/ST: Either Colts vs Mia, Bal @ Cin, or NYG vs NYJ.

I am leaning towards the Colts this week with their RB suspended and P. Williams out for the season, although the giants have a nice matchup as well and they have been consistently scoring over 10 points nearly all season. 

I am also looking to drop Gore and pick up Hunt, solely for his week 12 matchup since Cook will be out on bye.

@chad72

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Well that was one heckuva flop for a week, and against the weakest team in the league. He get his second highest score of the season, 105, but I underperform by 41 points and only get 84.  With my remaining schedule, I'm pretty sure it cost me the playoffs.

Either way. My next weeks lineup:

QB: Winston vs Ari

RB: Cook @ Dal, Mack vs Mia, J. Samuel vs Rams, Gore, @ Cle, Mattison @ Dal

WR: Thomas vs Atl, D. Adams vs Car, G. Tate vs NYJ, Diggs @ Dal, T. Williams  vs LAC, McLaurin(Bye)

TE: Waller vs LAC

D/ST: Either Colts vs Mia, Bal @ Cin, or NYG vs NYJ.

I am leaning towards the Colts this week with their RB suspended and P. Williams out for the season, although the giants have a nice matchup as well and they have been consistently scoring over 10 points nearly all season. 

I am also looking to drop Gore and pick up Hunt, solely for his week 12 matchup since Cook will be out on bye.

@chad72

Yeah, the Colts D is due for a defensive score but then the Ravens have scored against the likes of Seattle and New England the last 2 weeks, they should get more production because their D is more aggressive by nature unlike the Eberflus zone D that Fitzpatrick might surprise and score 14-20 points against.

The rest looks good.

Talk about a bad MNF for me in 3 leagues. Everyone I wanted to lose so that I could move up in the standings in all 3 leagues won yesterday thanks to the Giants being generous on D and O.

The ones that are lucky in fantasy football, I despise more than the ones that are good and score plenty. Mainly because I’ve never been that lucky in it. :) 

17 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, the Colts D is due for a defensive score but then the Ravens have scored against the likes of Seattle and New England the last 2 weeks, they should get more production because their D is more aggressive by nature unlike the Eberflus zone D that Fitzpatrick might surprise and score 14-20 points against.

The rest looks good.

Talk about a bad MNF for me in 3 leagues. Everyone I wanted to lose so that I could move up in the standings in all 3 leagues won yesterday thanks to the Giants being generous on D and O.

The ones that are lucky in fantasy football, I despise more than the ones that are good and score plenty. Mainly because I’ve never been that lucky in it. :) 

AJ Green could be back this week against the Ravens. The Ravens didn't do well against the Bengals the last time they faced each other. 

17 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

AJ Green could be back this week against the Ravens. The Ravens didn't do well against the Bengals the last time they faced each other. 

They cut a bunch of dead weight players after the Browns game debacle. They revamped their D with 2 key LB additions and added Jihad Ward from us on to their rotation to fit in nicely. Plus they got Jimmy Smith back healthy now. I feel they’re going to do much better this time around but I can’t argue against the time tested ineptitude of the Dolphins though. :)