Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football Advise 2019 Edition Ask Here

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

Marquis Brown's snaps were far less than Malcolm Brown, I'd place more on Malcolm Brown than Marquis Brown, based on that. I just don't have an idea how the money aspect works within your limits.

But look what he did in 14 snaps. That role will increase and he could be one to snag early. I've got 15 and 13 respectively. It's probably going to be too high (in a sense no-one else spend that high), so if I get them I probably could have gotten them for half that knowing my league. Its a big chunk to spend week one.

Start/Sit advice.

Team 1: 1pt ppr

RB: Elliot, Cook, J. Jacobs, M. Brown**/D. Henderson, Penny, J. Jackson

WR: Watkins, Gallup, Golladay, D. Moore, C. Kirk, M Brown**/Pettis

Team 2: half ppr

RB: Cook, D. WilliamsMixon*, M  J. Jackson, M. Brown**/D. Henderson

WR: M. Thomas, Kupp, Diggs*, C. Samuel, MVS, M. Brown**/Pettis

* injured, questionable

** pending waiver bid and drop

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Start/Sit advice.

Team 1: 1pt ppr

RB: Elliot, Cook, J. Jacobs, M. Brown, Penny, J. Jackson

WR: Watkins, Gallup, Golladay, D. Moore, C. Kirk, M Brown

Team 2: half ppr

RB: Cook, D. WilliamsMixon*, M  J. Jackson, C. Thompson

WR: M. Thomas, Kupp, Diggs*, C. Samuel, MVS, J. Ross

* injured, questionable

Didn't get either for Team 2, so I updated my start sit.

Picked up Chris Thompson and dropped D. Henderson.  I had a backup bid on John Ross so I got him, but Amendola, Metcalf, Moncrief, and T. McLaurin are both available on waivers. I'm not tied to John Ross, so I'm thinking either Amendola or Mclaurin would be better, especially down the line.

@chad72, @Jared Cisneros

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Didn't get either for Team 2, so I updated my start sit.

Picked up Chris Thompson and dropped D. Henderson.  I had a backup bid on John Ross so I got him, but Amendola, Metcalf, Moncrief, and T. McLaurin are both available on waivers. I'm not tied to John Ross, so I'm thinking either Amendola or Mclaurin would be better, especially down the line.

@chad72, @Jared Cisneros

McLaurin for sure for the long term.

I'd roll with M. Brown over Gallup on Team 1 vs Cardinals who are more stout vs the run. Rest looks good.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

McLaurin for sure for the long term.

I'd roll with M. Brown over Gallup on Team 1 vs Cardinals who are more stout vs the run. Rest looks good.

So who would you flex on Team 2. If Diggs and Mixon can't play. Right now I have Thompson, but have picked up McLaurin.

9 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

So who would you flex on Team 2. If Diggs and Mixon can't play. Right now I have Thompson, but have picked up McLaurin.

I'd play Ross vs 49ers, better matchup than McLaurin vs Cowboys. Bengals are at home and they started 5-2 last year before putting a whole bunch of players on IR. Bengals typically start fast.

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Need a running back and a flex between

D. Cook, J. Jacobs, Marquise Brown.

Right now I've got Jacobs with cook as flex, but that Arizona matchup looks amazing for Brown while the packers concern me for cook.

Go with your gut, still early in the season. But then, you have to know that Cousins can throw it better than Trubisky, and that opens the Vikings run game better, so I won’t read into Packers’ D too much right now till things play out a few weeks. But hey, this is the time to take a chance.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, chad72 said:

Go with your gut, still early in the season. But then, you have to know that Cousins can throw it better than Trubisky, and that opens the Vikings run game better, so I won’t read into Packers’ D too much right now till things play out a few weeks. But hey, this is the time to take a chance.

I could flex Dalvin and just swap Brown and Gallup. Gallup may likely have a drop this week against the Redskins cause Norman may not shadow Cooper. 

On second thought, I'll just keep what I have and give Brown another week. But dang that Arizona matchup.

• Like 1

@Jared Cisneros @Narcosys

Mark Ingram at home vs Arizona

or

Leonard Fournette this weekend at Houston

I am leaning towards Fournette in this one. Mainly because I feel the Cardinals are more stout on run D and I feel the Jaguars' best chance to stay in the game is help Minshew with the run game, which is what I feel they will do. Plus, Houston looked more porous on run D without Clowney, just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

@Jared Cisneros @Narcosys

Mark Ingram at home vs Arizona

or

Leonard Fournette this weekend at Houston

I am leaning towards Fournette in this one. Mainly because I feel the Cardinals are more stout on run D and I feel the Jaguars' best chance to stay in the game is help Minshew with the run game, which is what I feel they will do. Plus, Houston looked more porous on run D without Clowney, just my opinion of course.

Very tough choice. I think the Ravens will run up the score and Ingram will get his. The Texans lost Clowney and his elite run-defending skills. I would go with Ingram because I expect him to get his touches and a score or two. Fournette could get something like 20 carries for 60 yards and that's likely with him.

Is anyone starting Antonio Brown this week? He is eligible to play, but there is no news if he will actually be on the field. I don't know what the Patriots have in mind, so I wasn't planning on starting him until I see what is going on. Things should be clearer in the next few weeks. 

I plan on staring Brady in one of my leagues, and will go with Edelman as one of my WR's . I'll also be using their defense. I don't care about the Patriots as a team, but in fantasy I'll use almost anyone who can get me points. 

On 9/13/2019 at 9:03 PM, teganslaw said:

Is anyone starting Antonio Brown this week? He is eligible to play, but there is no news if he will actually be on the field. I don't know what the Patriots have in mind, so I wasn't planning on starting him until I see what is going on. Things should be clearer in the next few weeks. 

I plan on staring Brady in one of my leagues, and will go with Edelman as one of my WR's . I'll also be using their defense. I don't care about the Patriots as a team, but in fantasy I'll use almost anyone who can get me points. 

I would monitor pre-game, but yes on AB.

Week 2 line-up.

Full PPR

RBElliot, J. Jacobs, Cook, M. Brown, R. Penny, J. Jackson

WR: Watkins, Gallup, Golladay, Kirk, M. Brown, D. J. Moore

Half PPR

RB: Cook, D. Williams, Mixon, J. Jackson, C. Thompson

WR: M. Thomas, Kupp, Diggs, C. Samuels, MVS, T. Mclaurin

For full ppr, I'm considering swapping kirk in place if Gallup as Norman may not shadow Cooper and Arizona's up-tempo, he could see a lot of targets.

For half ppr, now that guice is out, I can see Thompson getting lots of snaps in the passing game as they will be playing from behind, which has me thinking of flexing him instead of Diggs. But not as much as I'm thinking of my full ppr league. I'm feeling pretty good about my RB situation in this league.

@Jared Cisneros @chad72

And anyone else who wants to chime in

On 9/13/2019 at 8:23 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Very tough choice. I think the Ravens will run up the score and Ingram will get his. The Texans lost Clowney and his elite run-defending skills. I would go with Ingram because I expect him to get his touches and a score or two. Fournette could get something like 20 carries for 60 yards and that's likely with him.

Idk, I think it may turn into a passing game with the tempo Arizona wants to play.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:23 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

I went with Fournette, turned out to be the right choice in a standard league though not by a mile, just a few extra points.

I was surprised how little the passing game did for the Jaguars, it is Doug Marrone and Tom Coughlin at their best, always played it safe with a run game and defense, felt like the Jaguars could have done more, especially with how inefficient the Texans were on offense.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Dalvin cook for mccaffrey. Who wins that trade? Mccaffrey is the better receiving back, but the panthers offense is not nearly as good as the Vikings. And the Vikings could heavily rely on Dalvin cook this year. 

PPR?

CmC is no slouch in the run game either. 

@Jared Cisneros @Narcosys - in a half-PPR league where I can play 4 RBs, or 4 WRs (essentially 2 FLEX positions of the WR/RB/TE kind), my RBs are Carson, Ekeler, Ingram, Peterson and Duke Johnson Jr.

My WRs/TEs are Michael Thomas, JuJu, Emmanuel Sanders, Evan Engram, T.J.Hockenson

Can I safely drop Duke Johnson Jr. with my league configuration and above roster? He has been seriously underachieving and needs rushing to be productive with the numerous receiving options in Houston but Carlos Hyde is doing all the rushing. Or do I stand pat to see if a injury happens or if Melvin Gordon comes back squashing Ekeler's value?

48 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@Jared Cisneros @Narcosys - in a half-PPR league where I can play 4 RBs, or 4 WRs (essentially 2 FLEX positions of the WR/RB/TE kind), my RBs are Carson, Ekeler, Ingram, Peterson and Duke Johnson Jr.

My WRs/TEs are Michael Thomas, JuJu, Emmanuel Sanders, Evan Engram, T.J.Hockenson

Can I safely drop Duke Johnson Jr. with my league configuration and above roster? He has been seriously underachieving and needs rushing to be productive with the numerous receiving options in Houston but Carlos Hyde is doing all the rushing. Or do I stand pat to see if a injury happens or if Melvin Gordon comes back squashing Ekeler's value?

I believe Gordon will come back by weeks 6-8 or he won't be eligible for FA. It's somewhat of a risk there. I would probably drop Duke. Even in 1/2 point PPR, he's not doing enough, and your lineup is fine how it is now.

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

Even if Gordon comes back, ekeler is still going to get his. As long as there are others to pick up like C. Thompson or R. Mostert (prefer Mostert in this case). 

WR Trade thoughts:

My current WR Roster:

Kenny G., Watkins, M. Brown, Gallup, Kirk, D.J. Moore

Opposing Teams WR Roster:

OBJ, T. Boyd, R. Anderson, Westbrook, G. Allison

They have their RBs locked up with DJ, Freeman, and D. Henry. As well as TEs with Walker and Howard.

I am targeting OBJ.  Would offering Watkins and Moore be too much, fair, or not enough?  Should I offer Watkins and Kirk?  

@chad72 @Jared Cisneros

5 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

WR Trade thoughts:

My current WR Roster:

Kenny G., Watkins, M. Brown, Gallup, Kirk, D.J. Moore

Opposing Teams WR Roster:

OBJ, T. Boyd, R. Anderson, Westbrook, G. Allison

They have their RBs locked up with DJ, Freeman, and D. Henry. As well as TEs with Walker and Howard.

I am targeting OBJ.  Would offering Watkins and Moore be too much, fair, or not enough?  Should I offer Watkins and Kirk?  

@chad72 @Jared Cisneros

Probably somewhere between fair and not enough. Make both offers and see if he accepts either one.

12 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Even if Gordon comes back, ekeler is still going to get his. As long as there are others to pick up like C. Thompson or R. Mostert (prefer Mostert in this case). 

I just kept Duke Johnson and dropped Philip Rivers instead to pick up Deebo Samuel, with my primary QB being Carson Wentz. In 1 QB leagues, I can always find a QB.

Mostert is available, do I drop Duke Johnson and pick him up? His value will go down once Coleman comes back but Duke Johnson is still #2 for what it is worth.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I just kept Duke Johnson and dropped Philip Rivers instead to pick up Deebo Samuel, with my primary QB being Carson Wentz. In 1 QB leagues, I can always find a QB.

Mostert is available, do I drop Duke Johnson and pick him up? His value will go down once Coleman comes back but Duke Johnson is still #2 for what it is worth.

Mosterts schedule is most easy doing the time Coleman will be out. Could at least be a trade bait that you use after week 6.

I wouldn't think anyone its going to pick up duke even if you drop him.

17 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Grabbed him and dropped Carr.

Someone dropped Cam, should I grab him and drop Cousins?

I'm pretty much streaming QBs.

If you think Jimmy G will last you a few games till Cam improves accuracy and gets healthy, yes!!! The upside with Cam is good

• Like 1

.5 PPR

RB: Cook, Gore, Mixon, D. Williams, J. Jackson

WR: Thomas, Kupp Diggs, C. Samuel, T. McLaurin, MVS

If Singletary is out, starting Gore would be the way to go. It's either flex Diggs or Mixon and I think Diggs has the better matchup. 

Also thinking of dropping MVS and grabbing Tate before his suspension ends. However I've only got one move left and Penny is there for free, so grab him instead and drop Jackson, then grabbing Tate next week.

@chad72 @Jared Cisneros

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

.5 PPR

RB: Cook, Gore, Mixon, D. Williams, J. Jackson

WR: Thomas, Kupp Diggs, C. Samuel, T. McLaurin, MVS

If Singletary is out, starting Gore would be the way to go. It's either flex Diggs or Mixon and I think Diggs has the better matchup. 

Also thinking of dropping MVS and grabbing Tate before his suspension ends. However I've only got one move left and Penny is there for free, so grab him instead and drop Jackson, then grabbing Tate next week.

@chad72 @Jared Cisneros

Don't rush it. Packers played 2 good Ds, and MVS' receptions and yards will only go up with time. 

I'd stand put. Your lineup above is just fine. If it is a full PPR league, I'd say yes to Tate but I'd see how well Daniel Jones distributes the ball before dropping MVS.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

Don't rush it. Packers played 2 good Ds, and MVS' receptions and yards will only go up with time. 

I'd stand put. Your lineup above is just fine. If it is a full PPR league, I'd say yes to Tate but I'd see how well Daniel Jones distributes the ball before dropping MVS.

There's no-one else I'd drop but him. 

I'll tell you what though, I've never felt like I've struggled more than I have already this year.

13 hours ago, Narcosys said:

There's no-one else I'd drop but him. 

I'll tell you what though, I've never felt like I've struggled more than I have already this year.

Here is a question for you:

Choose 6 out of these (2 RBs, 2 WRs, 2 FLEX (WR/RB/TE)):

Chris Carson, Austin Ekeler, Michael Thomas, JuJu, Mark Ingram, Evan Engram, Emmanuel Sanders, Adrian Peterson, Deebo Samuel

The ones in bold are my current choices. I don't know what to make of the Chiefs' improved run defense but hard to sit Ingram when the Ravens will try to keep Mahomes off the field with Lamar's and Ingram's legs with the run game.