Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football Advise 2019 Edition Ask Here

18 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Daily fantasy PPR tournament: Alvin Kamara @ Jacksonville or Dalvin Cook vs. Philly? Both cost the same amount of money. 

Cook has been fortunate in the TD dept. But you cant count on that. Jax is weak against the run with kamara getting only 5 less carries a game on average but is more productive in the passing game. 

Eagles are pass funnel defense, so although Cook gets his carries, that game is going to be won through the air.

If kamara is healthy, go kamara.

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2019 at 1:34 PM, Narcosys said:

Ride it then.

Guess you were right, but luckily I still won. Early look at week 7. Do I start Michael Thomas vs the bears or go with Gallup vs the eagles and Tyrrell Williams vs the Packers? Ridley vs the rams is another option as well. Im not starting three WRs. I have Mack Carson and Coleman

On 10/14/2019 at 4:49 AM, CR91 said:

Guess you were right, but luckily I still won. Early look at week 7. Do I start Michael Thomas vs the bears or go with Gallup vs the eagles and Tyrrell Williams vs the Packers? Ridley vs the rams is another option as well. Im not starting three WRs. I have Mack Carson and Coleman

Idk how you bench Thomas and Gallup this week. 

Start/Sit:

WR: Kupp @ ATL, Thomas @ CHI, Tate vs Ari, Diggs @ Det, McLaurin vs SF, R. Anderson vs NE

RB: Cook @ DET, Gore vs MIA, Mixon vs Jax, Dam. Williams @ Den

-Do I play Mixon over Gore, both are good matchups, but Mixon has no competition

-Do I flex an RB over Tate

- Or do I sit Thomas, play Tate, and flex Mixon in

@chad72 @Jared Cisneros

3 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Daily fantasy PPR 100 player tournament:  I like the SF-Washington match up, so for RB should I start Matt Breida or Tevin Coleman? Another choice is to have both and use one as flex.  

Any thoughts? 

Well last week my dfs sucked, but neither kamara nor cook did much.

Coleman is getting the red zone carries though, but they are both worth a dfs. What's your other options?

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Well last week my dfs sucked, but neither kamara nor cook did much.

Coleman is getting the red zone carries though, but they are both worth a dfs. What's your other options?

I haven't decided yet. I've been starting Christian McCaffrey, but he's on a bye week. I was thinking maybe Saquon Barkley as a replacement since he should be back, but I haven't set anything up yet. 

5 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I haven't decided yet. I've been starting Christian McCaffrey, but he's on a bye week. I was thinking maybe Saquon Barkley as a replacement since he should be back, but I haven't set anything up yet. 

Cook? Should be a great matchup for him.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Depends on your current roster.

I have Mack, Howard, Hunt, Williams for backs

Receivers I have Ridley, Thomas, John Brown, Hollywood Brown then I just picked up A.J Brown since he’s going against Tampa Bay Swiss cheese pass defense

34 minutes ago, runthepost said:

I have Mack, Howard, Hunt, Williams for backs

Receivers I have Ridley, Thomas, John Brown, Hollywood Brown then I just picked up A.J Brown since he’s going against Tampa Bay Swiss cheese pass defense

then I would and probably drop williams

@chad72

Disregard last. I am thinking of taking Dak Prescott and Ridley for Stefon Diggs. But don't know who to drop at QB. Currently have Cousins and Winston. Cousins schedule looks rough with matchups at Dallas, Denver, Detroit, at Chargers, GB and Chicago.  

While Winston has superb matchups, especially in week 12 Where Dak faces the patriots and Cousins would be on bye: Winston would face Arizona.

@SEA, ARI, NO, @ATL, @JAC, IND, @DET, HOU, ATL

I could ride Dak and throw in Winston during week 12 and possibly in a couple of the weeks 13, 14, and 15 where dak faces Buffalo, at Chicago, and Rams.

10 hours ago, teganslaw said:

@ Narcosys or anyone available, daily fantasy tournament PPR: 

Austin Ekeler at Chicago or Sony Michel vs Cleveland? 

The Chargers haven't been doing well, but Ekeler still can produce. However, Michel has a nice match up against Cleveland. 

Can you give us easier choices? Patriots will be up so run a lot, giving Michel his 15-20 touches. 

Ekeler won't get the touches, that belongs to Gordon, and considering how bad the bears are giving up points to RBs, ekeler won't see as many touches,  he's the pass catcher.  Chargers could win this one and relying on their receivers and Gordon more. 

However,  without those tds, Michel wouldn't have had a good game.  

Man idk... I'd go ekeler, he's just been more consistent and has a higher ceiling. 

Gordon hasn't done very well since he's been back, so that's why I thought Ekeler. 

Maybe I'll try something else: move Latavius Murray from flex to rb, and try TE Engram or Hooper as flex. Murray should get snaps even if Kamara is back (Kamara might be limited), and Engram is healthy and gets plenty of targets from Jones. 

22 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Gordon hasn't done very well since he's been back, so that's why I thought Ekeler. 

Maybe I'll try something else: move Latavius Murray from flex to rb, and try TE Engram or Hooper as flex. Murray should get snaps even if Kamara is back (Kamara might be limited), and Engram is healthy and gets plenty of targets from Jones. 

Edmonds. Johnson is out, have you looked into him?

On 10/25/2019 at 10:25 AM, Narcosys said:

@chad72

Disregard last. I am thinking of taking Dak Prescott and Ridley for Stefon Diggs. But don't know who to drop at QB. Currently have Cousins and Winston. Cousins schedule looks rough with matchups at Dallas, Denver, Detroit, at Chargers, GB and Chicago.  

While Winston has superb matchups, especially in week 12 Where Dak faces the patriots and Cousins would be on bye: Winston would face Arizona.

@SEA, ARI, NO, @ATL, @JAC, IND, @DET, HOU, ATL

I could ride Dak and throw in Winston during week 12 and possibly in a couple of the weeks 13, 14, and 15 where dak faces Buffalo, at Chicago, and Rams.

Sorry man, I was on an international vacation from October 13th to 26th. I am back now.

What you have is fine with your thought process. :) 

@ Narcosys, I thought about Edmonds but decided to go with Latavius Murray as my other RB and Even Engram as flex. I've been starting McCaffrey in all my lineups, and I don't want to bench him.  

Murray got me 32 points, McCaffrey 25, (he was the Panthers' offense today) and Engram didn't do too badly with 12 points. So I was better off with the players I used. 

16 hours ago, chad72 said:

In one league, I have Drew Brees and Ryan Tannehill for QBs. Do I chance Brees with his comeback or continue to play Tannehill for this week that I picked him up for?

@Narcosys @Jared Cisneros

Hope you did brees. Didn't see this till just now.

Where was your vacation?

Anyways,  thoughts on RoS qb: Sam Darnold or Daniel Jones.  

Darnold has an amazing schedule: Mia x2, NYG, was, oak, and cinci but finishes against at Baltimore  and pit.

Jones has higher ceiling but has a rough schedule: Dal, Jet, bye, chi, GB, then philly,  Mia, was

@chad72 @Jared Cisneros

Standard yahoo scoring league, .5PPR

My WRs are Julio Jones, Allen Robinson, and Emmanuel Sanders. 

I have a chance to get Deandre Hopkins, but I have to package either Sanders or Robinson in the deal. Which one should I send in the deal?

My gut says Sanders. The 49ers are such a run heavy team, and Sanders is no spring chicken anymore. I also believe Robinson has the more upside, but.... you know, Mitch Trubisky and Matt Nagy....

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I have a chance to get Deandre Hopkins, but I have to package either Sanders or Robinson in the deal. Which one should I send in the deal?

My gut says Sanders. The 49ers are such a run heavy team, and Sanders is no spring chicken anymore. I also believe Robinson has the more upside, but.... you know, Mitch Trubisky and Matt Nagy....

yup

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Hope you did brees. Didn't see this till just now.

Where was your vacation?

Anyways,  thoughts on RoS qb: Sam Darnold or Daniel Jones.  

Darnold has an amazing schedule: Mia x2, NYG, was, oak, and cinci but finishes against at Baltimore  and pit.

Jones has higher ceiling but has a rough schedule: Dal, Jet, bye, chi, GB, then philly,  Mia, was

@chad72 @Jared Cisneros

Daniel Jones because his OL is slightly better and the Giants D is worse than the Jets, IMO. With Barkley back, teams can’t tee off on Jones and Shurmur uses Barkley far better than Gase uses Bell.

I went to India, btw.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Daniel Jones because his OL is slightly better and the Giants D is worse than the Jets, IMO. With Barkley back, teams can’t tee off on Jones and Shurmur uses Barkley far better than Gase uses Bell.

I went to India, btw.

Oh that's an interesting place to go. I went to Malta during that same time frame.

Right now I have Winston and Cousins. Dropping Cousins for Daniel Jones, but do you think I should drop Winston for Darnold?  Darnold for the season and Jones for the Championships.

Here's Winston and Darnold's Schedule comparison: The lower the number, the better the matchup. The receivers are better for the Bucs, but Darnold might be the better QB.

Winston                        Darnold

Week 9:          @SEA (14th)                @Mia (2nd)

Week 10:        Ari (4th)                       NYG (12th)

Week 11:        NO (9th)                       @Was (13th)

Week 12:        @Atl (1st)                     Oak (3rd)

Week 13:        @Jax (18th)                  @Cin (7th)

Week 14:        Ind (15th)                     Mia (2nd)

13 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Oh that's an interesting place to go. I went to Malta during that same time frame.

Right now I have Winston and Cousins. Dropping Cousins for Daniel Jones, but do you think I should drop Winston for Darnold?  Darnold for the season and Jones for the Championships.

Here's Winston and Darnold's Schedule comparison: The lower the number, the better the matchup. The receivers are better for the Bucs, but Darnold might be the better QB.

Winston                        Darnold

Week 9:          @SEA (14th)                @Mia (2nd)

Week 10:        Ari (4th)                       NYG (12th)

Week 11:        NO (9th)                       @Was (13th)

Week 12:        @Atl (1st)                     Oak (3rd)

Week 13:        @Jax (18th)                  @Cin (7th)

Week 14:        Ind (15th)                     Mia (2nd)

I would not trust Darnold, if I were you. He is not playing well, not seeing the field well and the Bucs' Evans and Godwin are much better right now. The Jets look like a dysfunctional team that has checked out. Keep Winston and keep rolling with him. He is still the higher upside over Darnold. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Well, in an update I traded Sanders and Robinson (with Royce Freeman and Mark Walton) for Hopkins and Marlon Mack. 

My final roster is:

Deshaun Watson

Julio Jones

Deandre Hopkins

Zeke Elliot

James Conner

Darren Waller
Marlon Mack

Joey Slye

49ers

And a really ugly bench. 

45 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Well, in an update I traded Sanders and Robinson (with Royce Freeman and Mark Walton) for Hopkins and Marlon Mack. 

My final roster is:

Deshaun Watson

Julio Jones

Deandre Hopkins

Zeke Elliot

James Conner

Darren Waller
Marlon Mack

Joey Slye

49ers

And a really ugly bench. 

4 for 2?

Allen Robinson probably shouldn't have been a part of that 

You've got no depth for byes. But that is solid. 

22 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

4 for 2?

Allen Robinson probably shouldn't have been a part of that 

You've got no depth for byes. But that is solid. 

Yeah, I sacrificed pretty much all my depth. My bench post-trade is Ty Johnson, Chase Edmonds, Daryl Singletary, and Allen Lazard.  Johnson and Lazard will be waived this week. I’m missing Jones this week on the bye so I’m going to be starting a waiver wire pickup at IR, but I got a bit of good fortune in my matchup. My opponent has 5 on the bye, and he’s in first place so I think he’s going to sacrifice this one to me. Watson and Hopkins are on the bye next week and I face second place so I may have to sacrifice that one. But those are my last byes. All 3 RBs are through, as are Waller, Slye, and the 49ers. So I’m set up to finish strong. 

It’s been an odyssey to get here. We are an international league. 20 teams (two leagues of 10) and half of us are from the US and half are from Australia, so we do our draft in a Facebook post and update a google spreadsheet as we go. Takes us about 2 and a half weeks. My draft looked good in early August, but boy did it turn out the opposite. Of my entire team only 2 of the players currently on it are players I drafted. 

At one point I was in 9th place and second lowest points scored. Now I’m up to 5th and 4 most points scored. 

At this point it’s home run or run home for me.