Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quenton Nelson one of nine "most indispensable" offensive players in the NFL

Lucky Colts Fan

This is from Adam Schein of NFL.com and his ongoing "The Schein Nine" series of articles.

nfls-most-indispensable-offensive-players-for-the-2019-season

4) Quenton Nelson, OG, Indianapolis Colts

It was hardly a coincidence Andrew Luck -- and the Colts as a whole -- returned to prominence when Nelson entered the fray. With the No. 6 overall pick earning first-team All-Pro honors in Year 1, Luck finally had the dominant offensive lineman in front of him that the prior regime failed to bring aboard for years. Nelson gave Luck time to be sensational (the QB was sacked just 18 times, as opposed to 41 when he was last healthy in 2016), made good running backs great (Marlon Mack blossomed in Year 2) and helped bring cohesion to the entire line.

Oh, and the Colts shocked many by winning nine of their last 10 regular-season games and marching to the Divisional Round of the playoffs.

He is the only OLineman on the list...  :woah:

I don't think there's a person left on planet Earth that doesn't think Quenton Nelson was a good draft pick.  haha

I can honestly see him as the unanimous "best OLineman in the NFL" by the end of this upcoming season.

• Like 9

Nelson is the kind of guy that, we could lose all of our tackles in a playoff game and I can hear him say “put me in coach, I got this” and proceed to pancake his man every play Despite that he is out of position.  Hope that never happens though.

• Like 1

There are certain players that make others around them better. Nelson is one of those.

Good enough to say; “we’re running the damn ball, try and stop us”! Well, not literally saying that, but you get my point. Him and Kelly remind me of when the Raiders had Upshaw and Shell.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000752844/1-Upshaw-Shell

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

This is from Adam Schein of NFL.com and his ongoing "The Schein Nine" series of articles.

nfls-most-indispensable-offensive-players-for-the-2019-season

4) Quenton Nelson, OG, Indianapolis Colts

He is the only OLineman on the list...  :woah:

I don't think there's a person left on planet Earth that doesn't think Quenton Nelson was a good draft pick.  haha

I can honestly see him as the unanimous "best OLineman in the NFL" by the end of this upcoming season.

You know, CB fooled me, when he talked about finding starting quality guards in rounds 3 and 4, I thought that comment meant they weren't going to draft Nelson.  I did say several times though, usually in the conversations about draft value and positional value that when you have a chance to draft a generational talent you don't worry about positional value or draft value.  Nelson fell into that category and the Colts drafted him and I am so glad they did.

• Like 1