Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kurt Warner doesn't think Luck is a top-5 QB

Lucky Colts Fan

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Let's not crown the WR group just yet.

Funchess has only had 1 good season so far out of 4.

Campbell & Cain have never caught a NFL pass yet.

Doyle is a nice player, but coming off of serious hip injury and is mostly a short pattern type of receiver.

It has potential if things go right for the group but as of now there are some questions and growing pains.

Andrew Luck just passed for 39 TDs with Humpty Dumpty at WR at almost every position.  I'm not too worried about what he will do with this group. I'm pretty confident it's going to work out.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, krunk said:

Andrew Luck just passed for 39 TDs with Humpty Dumpty at WR at almost every position.  I'm not too worried about what he will do with this group. I'm pretty confident it's going to work out.

Like I said this WR group has some questions and inexperience. And the Humpty Dumpty's didn't do so great vs KC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Like I said this WR group has some questions and inexperience. And the Humpty Dumpty's didn't do so great vs KC.

That's because they were Humpty Dumptys.  Trust what you see, these guys won't be like the last group.  It's a much better group than last year.  They will prove that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Doyle is a nice player, but coming off of serious hip injury and is mostly a short pattern type of receiver.

It has potential if things go right for the group but as of now there are some questions and growing pains.

I agree there are questions in the receiving group.  But there is little doubt that it will be better.  Having Doyle back will make a big difference.  Campbells speed will open things up.  I think people are underestimating what Funchess will bring.   He's not elite by any means, but he is that big strong WR we have needed for awhile.   6'4, 225 lbs and only 25 years old.     The offense  got better at every position.   

Just now, Myles said:

I agree there are questions in the receiving group.  But there is little doubt that it will be better.  Having Doyle back will make a big difference.  Campbells speed will open things up.  I think people are underestimating what Funchess will bring.   He's not elite by any means, but he is that big strong WR we have needed for awhile.   6'4, 225 lbs and only 25 years old.     The offense  got better at every position.   

I am with you, I have no reason to believe the Colts won't be a top 3, top 4 team at worse in the AFC. Pats, Chiefs, and Chargers are very good to great. Outside of that early on I see no other team that is possibly better than us. Compared to the Ravens and Texans we clearly have the better QB, Steelers are iffy going into this year without Brown and Bell, and the Browns haven't proven anything yet.

• Like 1

Going to be hard to deal with Funchess and Ebron at the same time in that red zone.  I don't have any doubts about Funchess in this offense and with this QB. Once the games begin in the preseason and camp you guys will see. Ya'll stop hating on my Funch!  Then you got Mo Alie Cox starting to improve on his routes. That's 3 large men you can call on in the red area to body up on people. I can just clearly see we have better athletes this year.  Even with the rehab from the ACL surgery I know Deon Cain is going to be better than most of those guys we trotted out there last year.  Pariss hasn't even played a snap yet and I know he's a better player than Chester Rogers, Zach Pascal, Ryan Grant, and anybody else not named TY that we had last year.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

You forgot Smith.

Walker played very good last season.   

It's fairly obvious that the Colts improved their team through the draft and in free agency.  

The were a playoff team last season and look to have taken a step forward.  The Chiefs look to have taken a step back.  I think that leaves the Colts as one of the top 3 teams in the AFC.   That would be a championship contender.   Sure, they still have to play the games, but so does every other team.

So, if having two rookies make a major contribution is an outlier, isn't three rookies also an outlier? I didn't include Smith because he wasn't an All Pro like the other two, but the same principle applies.

End of the day, we agree that the roster is improved. I still think 'championship caliber' is a major step, and I don't think we upgraded on paper to the degree that the team should be deemed 'championship caliber' right away.

And I'm being reserved with praise and projections, but don't think that I don't like what we have and the direction of the roster. I'm just saying, I think there's a lot to be proven on the field.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Myles said:

3 hours ago, krunk said:

That's because they were Humpty Dumptys.  Trust what you see, these guys won't be like the last group.  It's a much better group than last year.  They will prove that.

I agree, I think the WR group will be better. Hard to be worse than last years group wirhout TY.

But we don't know how much better. There are some questions and inexperience at the position.

On 5/30/2019 at 3:12 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I seem to recall that Manning made a lot of unknowns in the receiving core look relevant in his career. Now that our offensive's line & running game is getting better, Maybe luck can spread the wealth. Good quarterbacks can help a lot of average receivers look good, if the system you play in is right.      

• Like 1