Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What almost all the D draft picks have in common.... besides great character

PeterBowman

With reading up on them with the interviews with Ballard, Reich, and the scouts I picked up on a trend on their traits....they're all smart, athletic, fast, and have long arms... definitely going the Seattle D route it seems. 

Good article on Indy Star with the scouts and that's what they said about all those players.....one comment that struck me with the scout who did Khari Willis....he said slow safeties will get you beat sometimes and dumb safeties will get you beat all the time.

Colts are in good hands for sure.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

With reading up on them with the interviews with Ballard, Reich, and the scouts I picked up on a trend on their traits....they're all smart, athletic, fast, and have long arms... definitely going the Seattle D route it seems. 

Good article on Indy Star with the scouts and that's what they said about all those players.....one comment that struck me with the scout who did Khari Willis....he said slow safeties will get you beat sometimes and dumb safeties will get you beat all the time.

Colts are in good hands for sure.

so you're saying we couldn't find any smart and fast Ss? :D

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That's a good quote and I agree. A smart guy who may be slow might get beat ever so often. But dumb safeties will get you beat all the time. So how about dumb safeties who are fast? Same principle?

TJ Green

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

With reading up on them with the interviews with Ballard, Reich, and the scouts I picked up on a trend on their traits...

That one is easy, SPEED.  We didn't draft anyone slower than a 4.6 40 until the 7th round.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

I'm convinced that Savage was his choice at 26 and the trade talks started from there....

i thought it was somehow Hollywood Brown there was a delay after he was picked and then there was a trade. But Savage might have been targeted as well.

3 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I'm convinced that Savage was his choice at 26 and the trade talks started from there....

You think Savage, others believe it was Baker, and still others are comvinced it was Hollywood.    And some of you may be right.

All I know us that Ballard didn’t like any of them enough to move up in a trade to make sure he got them.   If they fell to the Colts — great.  But he wouldn’t give up a pick to make sure he got them.    

And I’m ok with that.

• Like 1