Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please do not post draft picks in advance from twitter

chad72

7 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I don't think it's necessarily stress as much as it is anticipation.

Excitement about the unknown.

The buildup to the climax of the story.

Since I can’t handle of a lot of physical excitement(Roller Coasters, Heights, Flying, etc.) movies are my one excitement 

For me, getting several picks ahead of the actual broadcast just takes away from the entertainment of watching the draft. Seeing/hearing the name announced is more entertaining than reading it on twitter/elsewhere. Really as simple as that. 

I don't get particularly angry at draft spoilers like I would with movies like Endgame or something though. I got the ending of The Force Awakens spoiled for me on a random reddit thread that had nothing to do with Star Wars...that one irked me. Which is funny now because I've not been a huge fan of the new movies but hey.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

For me, getting several picks ahead of the actual broadcast just takes away from the entertainment of watching the draft. Seeing/hearing the name announced is more entertaining than reading it on twitter/elsewhere. Really as simple as that. 

I don't get as angry at draft spoilers as I would a movie like Endgame. I got the ending of The Force Awakens spoiled for me on a random reddit thread that had nothing to do with Star Wars...that one really irked me.

I routinely am ahead/behind during game broadcasts but that is because I often listen/watch multiple broadcasts

16 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I am a Political Scientist so I do nothing but research on everything and everyone but if I plan to watch, read or finish something I never look up the ending 

Yeah what is the purpose of watching a movie if you know the ending? It would take the fun and suspense out of it. Just think if everyone knew who would win every Colts game before it started there would be no need to watch it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Funny thing is, some of the Colts games do give me heartburn with all the close games lmao . Makes me want to eat a bottle of Tums sometimes.

I get that way at every sporting event I watch

I got mad at the TV last night watching Intercollegiate Bowling 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

You wouldn’t do good as a coach or in a coaching family

I always wanted to Coach because after highschool I couldn't play at a high level anymore but do have the mind for the game in football, basketball, and baseball. My problem would be the losses. I would have a hard time dealing with losses. 

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

For me personally, learning who the draft pick is a little early isn't that big of a spoiler.  I just want to know who the Colts picked.  Watching an orangutan touch a screen for the big reveal doesn't really do anything for me, so I get where you're coming from about the draft.  Once I know who the pick is, I'm just gonna go start watching tape of that player anyway.  I'm not sticking around for whatever Kiper has to say.

But if you really did just spoil GoT and Endgame for me, I'm gonna be really * off at you, dude.  Just say you were joking around so I can go back to being ignorant of what happens.  I support myself and don't have anyone to help share bills.  I've already got monthly bills for rent, food, insurance, phone, internet, etc. and I'm trying to save money instead of splurging on entertainment as soon as it's released.  I can't afford to go to the movie theater for every new movie release or to pay a monthly fee for HBO just for the four hours of GOT that will air that month.  I have to wait for more affordable options like once the season is over, I'll pay the fee for one month and binge-watch the whole season.  It's more economical that way.

But I still want to enjoy the entertainment the same way others enjoyed it at the time of release.  I want to be surprised by what happens, especially when it's the final season/movie in a series.  I'm emotionally invested in the story, and I want to experience it as intended, not secondhand from some stranger.  I have to use "selective vision" while on the internet before I get caught up on the same entertainment as everyone else.  I thought I was safe in a football forum, but apparently I can't even escape spoilers in a football forum.  :flaming:

I think he was kidding, or maybe he got it from the leak. If he got it from the leak, it fits his MO. But leaks are a little unreliable, and no one except test audiences and movie critics have seen Endgame so far, so he doesn't have some ultimate knowledge or anything

Technically speaking, he didn't spoil anything. There was a crazy theory last fall that Tony would have to give up a lot, potentially a daughter that he talks about in his dream when him and Pepper were walking in the park in Infinity War. He could just be talking about that theory, and whether he is or not tells me nothing about the movie anyways. All it tells me is either Tony has a daughter or not. Which I already knew.

I see Endgame tonight, so if he was telling the truth, you and I can go and beat him up tomorrow. :censored2:

Until then, I'm gonna stay off this forum for the rest of the day. I thought I was safe from Endgame spoilers on a football forum, but maybe I'm wrong. :facepalm:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I always wanted to Coach because after highschool I couldn't play at a high level anymore but do have the mind for the game in football, basketball, and baseball. My problem would be the losses. I would have a hard time dealing with losses. 

That is one reason I am so positive

During my school days and coaching days I watched game film 3 or 4 times a week 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Off topic, but do you enjoy reading books?  Do you enjoy a story just for the sake of the story?

I like getting caught up in what's happening in a story, regardless of what's going to happen at the end.

When I read books(I listen now) I tend to look at the ending and/research the story to see if I want to read/listen to it but since I mainly read nonfiction or classics like Phantom of the Opera and Dracula I already know what happens

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I guess a story for me is like a lot of other things in life, where it's the journey not the destination.

When much of what you read is historical nonfiction and Biographies it is rarely about the outcome

BTW I was reading Agatha Christie and Steinbeck as a 6th Grader and I never use a bookmark

During college I could skim a chapter sit through the discussion and ace the test over it

While my Mom was teaching I often proof read books in a day for her class

• Like 2

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I would skip church on draft weekends

I have to work Saturday morning but will be able to see who we take at 34 before I go to bed tomorrow anyway. I have tonight and part of tomorrow which is the main key to see picks 26 and 34 live. Cubs will be on here in about 10 minutes. Looking to sweep LA.

45 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

This seems like a situation where "separate but equal" is actually a good thing since the two can't exactly coexist.  So I like @Irish YJ idea of a separate thread for spoilers.

The forum is a private forum with rules agreed to by moderators. It’s ultimately up to what they decide.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I read through the rules pinned on the top of the page.   Nothing about draft day spoilers

Its been a new rule they instituted just last year before the draft. You should ask them though, I’m not a moderator.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I always considered it an unwritten rule

Unwritten rules don’t work in current society. The few vocal ones that don’t like it make the most noise, like 10% of folks on Twitter make 90% of the noise.   If they want to put it to a vote, the silent majority would be glad to vote on it.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Unwritten rules don’t work in current society. The few vocal ones that don’t like it make the most noise, like 10% of folks on Twitter make 90% of the noise.   If they want to put it to a vote, the silent majority would be glad to vote on it.

Agreed

Because of my background I am not the Breaking News Guy in anything 

In a world where we are used to instant gratification, and demand information as soon as humanly possible I'm surprised people want to wait for the pick announcements on TV, knowing they can be up to 20 minutes behind. All because they want to watch analysts talk about unrelated crap?

4 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

In a world where we are used to instant gratification, and demand information as soon as humanly possible I'm surprised people want to wait for the pick announcements on TV, knowing they can be up to 20 minutes behind. All because they want to watch analysts talk about unrelated crap?

Its not 20 minutes for Day 1 and Day 2, from all my recollection.

10 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

The only time there is type of delay on ESPN/NFLN is day 3

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Some of your fellow Colts fans obviously.

If you don't want spoilers,  it's simple.   Don't go online until the pick is announced on tv.  I don't care one way or the other.    I'll be sleeping when/if our pick is made tonight. 

50 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Its been a new rule they instituted just last year before the draft. You should ask them though, I’m not a moderator.

No,   I'm good.    I have no interest one way or the other.    Just seems like a silly premise.     The pick is the pick.   Why would you care when it's announced?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

sorry if already asked, but... 

why not create a spoiler thread, where people can post early tweets or whatever. 

if you don't want to be spoiled, don't look. 

Why do people need to post spoilers? They know people don't want them and they can hang out on twitter to get them