Jump to content
Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!
chad72

Please do not post draft picks in advance from twitter

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The only time there is type of delay on ESPN/NFLN is day 3

Yeah, I exaggerated. Point being, I don't care if someone spoiled draft picks. I'd honestly rather have them early

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

 No,   I'm good.    I have no interest one way or the other.    Just seems like a silly premise.     The pick is the pick.   Why would you care when it's announced?

The problem is that there a lot of people who get notifications from the site through their EMail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

But what if you want to participate in the discussions about previous picks?

 I'm guessing those would be in the chat or NFL general section

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nadine said:

Why do people need to post spoilers? They know people don't want them and they can hang out on twitter to get them

 

 

Hi Nadine .... spoiler alert .... I am back in town

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

The problem is that there a lot of people who get notifications from the site through their EMail

Don't click on them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheMiz said:

Yeah, I exaggerated. Point being, I don't care if someone spoiled draft picks. I'd honestly rather have them early

That is you not others

Just now, BR-549 said:

Hi Nadine .... spoiler alert .... I am back in town

Welcome back

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheMiz said:

Point being, I don't care if someone spoiled draft picks.

 

The point being made in this thread is to respect the people that do care.

 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

 I'm guessing those would be in the chat or NFL general section

 

Where someone could post a spoiler, which is why this thread was created.

 

It's a simple matter of respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

Don't click on them 

I don’t but when the title is “With pick 26 thevColts pick.....”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

 

The forum is a private forum with rules agreed to by moderators. It’s ultimately up to what they decide.

It's also up to our community.  Most people here try to be respectful of timezone differences knowing during games that other fans are on a delay.

 

We have always gathered to watch the draft on tv and enjoy each others company.

 

I cannot remember ever getting so much push back from people who want to post spoilers.

 

We've just never allowed it here.  It's what most people prefer.

 

We're just asking some people to not do something.

 

I mean, if you want to know the pick before everyone else, isn't knowing enough? Why do they need to post it here? And why can't they wait 5 minutes?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

The point being made in this thread is to respect the people that do care.

 

 

Where someone could post a spoiler, which is why this thread was created.

 

It's a simple matter of respect.

Dear Lord.     I don't think any one will spoil anything,  but my goodness why would you care?   Of all things to worry about.   Just watch the tv.   Easy stuff

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Hi Nadine .... spoiler alert .... I am back in town

neil patrick harris hello GIF by bubly

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Dear Lord.     I don't think any one will spoil anything,  but my goodness why would you care?   Of all things to worry about.   Just watch the tv.   Easy stuff

I know you don't understand it

But, people care

I don't get the push back. 

Why do you care?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

but my goodness why would you care?

 

I personally don't.  As I stated in a previous post, I just want to know the pick so I can start watching film on them.

 

But I respect the people that do care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Dear Lord.     I don't think any one will spoil anything,  but my goodness why would you care?   Of all things to worry about.   Just watch the tv.   Easy stuff

Why are you so concerned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

I personally don't.  As I stated in a previous post, I just want to know the pick so I can start watching film on them.

 

But I respect the people that do care.

With they way the NCAA basketball season went I will consume everything that is posted about our picks

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nadine said:

neil patrick harris hello GIF by bubly

I know you don't understand it

But, people care

I don't get the push back. 

Why do you care?

I dont care.   That's my point.    It's such a nonsensical thing to worry about

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Why are you so concerned?

I'm not at all concerned.   I'm trying to figure out why others do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I dont care.   That's my point.    It's such a nonsensical thing to worry about

For some it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I dont care.   That's my point.    It's such a nonsensical thing to worry about

I'm not at all concerned.   I'm trying to figure out why others do

For me it is respect 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

It's such a nonsensical thing to worry about

 

For you.  Not everyone is you.

 

And if you don't care, then why are you in this thread arguing with people about it?

 

:scratch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I dont care.   That's my point.    It's such a nonsensical thing to worry about

I'm not at all concerned.   I'm trying to figure out why others do

They enjoy watching the draft together.  Spoilers are not part of it.  never have been

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nadine said:

They enjoy watching the draft together.  Spoilers are not part of it.  never have been

For some there is also a delay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

For some there is also a delay

There is a delay on game day as well.   I don't think anyone is upset about that.   (Except on bad plays)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

There is a delay on game day as well.   I don't think anyone is upset about that.   (Except on bad plays)

People do try to be mindful of delay of game.  In chat at least they do.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

There is a delay on game day as well.   I don't think anyone is upset about that.   (Except on bad plays)

 Depending on how someone watches it there is a delay

Just now, Nadine said:

People do try to be mindful of delay of game.  In chat at least they do.

 

They do in the GD thread too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

 Depending on how someone watches it there is a delay

They do in the GD thread too

It's a preference thing.  People who want spoilers should be on twitter.

People who don't should be here

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nadine said:

People do try to be mindful of delay of game.  In chat at least they do.

 

 In chat maybe,   certainty not no the game day thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nadine said:

Why do people need to post spoilers? They know people don't want them and they can hang out on twitter to get them

I'm not a spoiler fan either for stuff like this (sports), and I'm not a big twitter fan at all. I do know that there are a lot of folks that want news as quickly as it comes in though. I've belonged to other boards (CFB, CBB), and mod'd on a few too. The way they've dealt with spoilers (primarily not sports spoilers) is a "spoiler thread", as it makes all folks happy. One example was a CFB board that has significant chatter about GoT. They have a "show" thread that allows zero spoiler or book talk, and another that is used for book and show spoiler discussion. It's not a big deal now that the show passed the books, but it was very important when the show was catching up. Blame it all on GRRM lol.

 

Personally, I wouldn't feel the need to post a twitter spoiler for a draft regardless as I won't be on twitter, but also know that some on this board make a thread for just about every tweet that comes out lol. At the end of the day, just a recommendation. Board rules are board rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

I'm not a spoiler fan either for stuff like this (sports), and I'm not a big twitter fan at all. I do know that there are a lot of folks that want news as quickly as it comes in though. I've belonged to other boards (CFB, CBB), and mod'd on a few too. The way they've dealt with spoilers (primarily not sports spoilers) is a "spoiler thread", as it makes all folks happy. One example was a CFB board that has significant chatter about GoT. They have a "show" thread that allows zero spoiler or book talk, and another that is used for book and show spoiler discussion. It's not a big deal now that the show passed the books, but it was very important when the show was catching up. Blame it all on GRRM lol.

 

Personally, I wouldn't feel the need to post a twitter spoiler for a draft regardless as I won't be on twitter, but also know that some on this board make a thread for just about every tweet that comes out lol. At the end of the day, just a recommendation. Board rules are board rules.

 

I see it like this.  Some people will DVR a game because they can't watch it.  Then they avoid all chatter  until they watch it because they want to enjoy the game.

 

I understand that some people want to know immediately.  I have a sister who consistently reads the last page of a book because she cannot stand not knowing how it turns out while she's reading it.

 

Personally, I've been avoiding all Game of Thrones chatter because I'm waiting for all episodes to be streaming so I can briefly reactivate my HBO subscription and binge watch it.

 

Currently avoiding all End Game talk as well.

 

Most people are willing to avoid spoilers. Most people are willing to not post spoilers for 5 minutes.

 

But this thing where people feel that they have to know now (which they are free to do) but also they are livid that they have to wait 5 minutes to post it here is new.

 

I think we need to be mindful of what we've always been, which is a place for conversation rather than a place mostly for reacting.

 

It's what makes us different from other options.  

 

I get spoiler alerts, we have them here as well......just not for the draft. It's such a short lag that it seems more than reasonable to ask people to not post it and ruin the anticipation.

 

The anger that seems to come with the push back is new. The disdain for those only asking for five minute embargo is disappointing.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nadine said:

 

I see it like this.  Some people will DVR a game because they can't watch it.  Then they avoid all chatter  until they watch it because they want to enjoy the game.

 

I understand that some people want to know immediately.  I have a sister who consistently reads the last page of a book because she cannot stand not knowing how it turns out while she's reading it.

 

Personally, I've been avoiding all Game of Thrones chatter because I'm waiting for all episodes to be streaming so I can briefly reactivate my HBO subscription and binge watch it.

 

Currently avoiding all End Game talk as well.

 

Most people are willing to avoid spoilers. Most people are willing to not post spoilers for 5 minutes.

 

But this thing where people feel that they have to know now (which they are free to do) but also they are livid that they have to wait 5 minutes to post it here is new.

 

I think we need to be mindful of what we've always been, which is a place for conversation rather than a place mostly for reacting.

 

It's what makes us different from other options.  

 

I get spoiler alerts, we have them here as well......just not for the draft. It's such a short lag that it seems more than reasonable to ask people to not post it and ruin the anticipation.

 

The anger that seems to come with the push back is new. The disdain for those only asking for five minute embargo is disappointing.

Agree. The 5 minute advantage is very silly. 

 

By the way, I have a buddy like you're sister, and I will never understand lol. 

 

Good luck with avoiding all the GoT chatter. That must be very hard.  Did you see the Maisie Williams late night interview (can't remember the show) 3 or 4 weeks ago. That was good, and really got to a lot of folks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SilentHill said:

 

1. Arya Stark is a character in Game of Thrones

2. I already said i made it up :P

 

Oh yeah I knew that. After I typed it I was like, "Who the heck is Arya Stark anyways? His daughter's name was supposed to be Morgan in the theory!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not the smartest man,

 

But can't you just watch the draft and stay off social media (your phone) until the pick is made like it's supposed to be? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'm not the smartest man,

 

But can't you just watch the draft and stay off social media (your phone) until the pick is made like it's supposed to be? 

You could.  You could also watch it and share the reactions to it here.  We're watching it on TV.

 

Very much like game day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheMiz said:

In a world where we are used to instant gratification, and demand information as soon as humanly possible I'm surprised people want to wait for the pick announcements on TV, knowing they can be up to 20 minutes behind. All because they want to watch analysts talk about unrelated crap?

That's just it.  Instant gratification is available elsewhere.  No one is saying don't go there.

 

I think it's more like 5 minutes anyway.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a shocker, not everybody gets information off of their phone. My phone is a phone, my computer is a computer. Just because one chooses to be a part of the tidal wave of media, which is now running most people's lives, does not mean that includes everyone. 

 

When twitter came out, I saw it for what it was...a way for individuals to self aggrandize by being first, having followers, etc. It feels like we are now in the most self centered time in the existence of humans.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Here's a shocker, not everybody gets information off of their phone. My phone is a phone, my computer is a computer. Just because one chooses to be a part of the tidal wave of media, which is now running most people's lives, does not mean that includes everyone. 

 

When twitter came out, I saw it for what it was...a way for individuals to self aggrandize by being first, having followers, etc. It feels like we are now in the most self centered time in the existence of humans.

 

 

I have Twitter and Facebook but only as a news source and to back up certain games

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sort of ridiculous this thread is even a thing, which it wouldnt be if in the past (i believe its been discussed here that it was the year Dorsett got drafted) someone hadn't posted the pick significantly prior to the Colts even being "on the clock" as far as the draft broadcast was concerned...

 

So while I don't think it's a huge issue either way, that particular year unnecessary chaos/or outrage ensued... People didnt believe it was the pick it got posted so early, they didn't know if it was legitimate, people already started arguing the pick, etc....

So it became a thing that the the board seemingly wanted to avoid in the future, the fact that some are so obtuse & can't just go along with a simple & respectful request is astonishing...

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Sort of ridiculous this thread is even a thing, which it wouldnt be if in the past (i believe its been discussed here that it was the year Dorsett got drafted) someone hadn't posted the pick significantly prior to the Colts even being "on the clock" as far as the draft broadcast was concerned...

 

So while I don't think it's a huge issue either way, that particular year unnecessary chaos/or outrage ensued... People didnt believe it was the pick it got posted so early, they didn't know if it was legitimate, people already started arguing the pick, etc....

So it became a thing that the the board seemingly wanted to avoid in the future, the fact that some are so obtuse & can't just go along with a simple & respectful request is astonishing...

 

So true

 

  the “request” was never to prevent anyone from finding out the pick just to be respectful to others and not play spoiler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

So true

 

  the “request” was never to prevent anyone from finding out the pick just to be respectful to others and not play spoiler

& the initial request was to avoid the super early scenario, where it got posted while the Colts weren't even on the clock, that initial year, i think as some have related here, the Colts were still a few picks back so it was weird, confusing, etc...

So the conclusion & decision was "just don't post until it's been officially broadcast, etc"...

Pretty easy to understand...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

Why do the mods need to do it?  It's not their responsibility to start threads for us.  As far as I can tell, they rarely ever start threads themselves.

 

Just spearhead the effort and do it yourself.

 

As I said before, the worst case scenario is it gets locked and they tell you not to do it again.

 

Best case scenario, they let it go to see how it turns out, and everyone is happy.  :thmup:

I think the only people that can’t are members with less than 10 posts

    Every year I start multiple IHSAA threads and started an Indiana History Thread

 

 

    Now back to the Wheeler & Woolsey Marathon on TCM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I think the only people that can’t are members with less than 10 posts

    Every year I start multiple IHSAA threads and started an Indiana History Thread

 

 

    Now back to the Wheeler & Woolsey Marathon on TCM

 

I think there is an Avengers/Marvel marathon on SciFi channel, might check that out!!! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...