Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Article about Jacoby's future

csmopar

4 hours ago, aaron11 said:

agreed.  i would take it a step further and say i hope they go into win now mode pretty soon.  i know we are building a young team, but so are the rams and they took some free agent risks and are now in the super bowl 

That's what I'm saying... A good/fast WR + a good pass rushing DL would put us in the mix immediately. Not worried about a back up QB.

If Luck goes down, I don't want a game manager who does just enough to worsen our draft the next year, and bad enough not to compete for a championship. 

7 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Here is what we know about Jacoby 

Bill Parcells loves him

hes a good team mate

he can take a beating

other than that why all the hype?

I think the Ben Vilon report about Seattle offering a 2nd back in August, has played into the trade Brissett craze.  That offer never happened, but confidently a lot fans seemed certain from that point, Brissett was eventually going to get traded and for at least a 2nd.

I don't see the hype or the 2nd Rd pick for Brissett, but I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I think the Ben Vilon report about Seattle offering a 2nd back in August, has played into the trade Brissett craze.  That offer never happened, but confidently a lot fans seemed certain from that point, Brissett was eventually going to get traded and for at least a 2nd.

I don't see the hype or the 2nd Rd pick for Brissett, but I hope I'm wrong.

...But your probably not.

On 1/26/2019 at 10:50 AM, Narcosys said:

For now, age and time will still wear him down and that shoulder. You can't believe that after just one season you trust he won't re-injure it, especially since he took the fewest hits in the league. He's a risk, no other way to look at it. I worry in 4 years his shoulder is going to be bothering him as the wear and tear catches up. 

Both are risks.   Sure Luck may get injured again, but Brissett may get injured too.   Luck is more likely maybe.

Now talent-wise, Brissett is more of the risk.   We don't know if he could be an grat QB.   Maybe his ceiling is like that of Fitzgerald.  Can be good, can be bad.   Ceiling of a great back up QB. 

Now I get what you are saying about how great having extra draft picks is.   I was one of the few who were in favor of the Colts taking the Browns entire draft for the Luck pick.   That would have given us Manning for a couple more years (2013 and 2014 he did very well).  We also would have had the draft picks to make the rest of the team solid for the next decade.   I wasn't bummed that we didn't go that route, but it wouldn't have been horrible.

Keeping Brisset for the 2019 season as the backup seems to be the best play for the team.     

Brissett future is bright.  Redskins could trade for him too now with Alex Smith missing the whole 2019 season.  I can see them doing it or unless they just get a vet FA.  Either way that's one less qb FA on the market so someone will ask for him 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

Brissett future is bright.  Redskins could trade for him too now with Alex Smith missing the whole 2019 season.  I can see them doing it or unless they just get a vet FA.  Either way that's one less qb FA on the market so someone will ask for him 

I'd hate to see this happen to Jacoby, but with Smith down for the entire 2019 season, and his football future in question, I would bet that Ballard's phone has already been ringing. The 'Skins might just be willing to give up enough to make it worthwhile. The free agent QB market looks like the bottom of a dumpster, and there isn't much QB talent available in the draft this year. 

We will all soon know

The value for Brissett was highest, to the Colts, BEFORE Luck started throwing the football

The Colts needed a QB for the 2018 season...... If it wasnt Luck (MANY people were unsure (including Luck) IF.... he could come back.

Luck has answered that question

There will be a FA QB, that can hold the clipboard available. There will be a QB out of Whatsamatta U, that wont be drafted, but can possibly be developed, to be the third QB

IMHO, if Luck were to be hurt.... ANY backup is not going to make this a playoff team

Brissett will average $850K per year in current role.

He has said he wants a chance to start........

(Where he would make many times more than that)

Option 1 - Pay 4 mil per year to sit on the bench (He may take it, but I doubt it)

We either pay the man, or he WILL walk...... where we MAY get a 4th or 5th comp pick

Option 2 - get the 2nd, or 3rd round pick for him, and let him have a chance somewhere else

Option 3 - Gets traded for a player or is part of a trade to improve draft position. 

I think the FO likes the kid.......  but if he truly wants to go (Which he says he WANTS to start, and thats NOT here.... ITS THE SAME THING)........  Let the man walk

The market sets the value.  In a QB league, a bit short on talent, I think you will see someone take a chance

The more I think about it, it may actually be at a team like the Chargers or Steelers, where they have an aging QB

There is a new article today in Bleacher Report touting Brissett as the "Hottest" QB available this year.  I posted the same information in another thread.   I don't know how to post the article here though.  It's long and a great read for all the people who don't think we are going to get a great pick in a trade for him.  

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

There is a new article today in Bleacher Report touting Brissett as the "Hottest" QB available this year.  I posted the same information in another thread.   I don't know how to post the article here though.  It's long and a great read for all the people who don't think we are going to get a great pick in a trade for him.  

Must be true then..

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2817603-with-andrew-luck-healthy-jacoby-brissett-should-be-nfls-hottest-qb-target?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league

The author of this article (Thinks pallo... for sharing) thinks the "fair" deal for Brissett is a second round pick

Who knows........  

I sure as heck can see some great value in this draft with an additional 2nd round pick

Even an early 3rd could get us value