Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why We Could Win It All - Novice QB's?

braveheartcolt

Pure speculation and a lot of bounces needed to go our way, but we could face Watson, Mahomes, Jackson and Trubisky and win it all. The Play-offs are a different beast, and if we take care of our business, this would be our best route to the Lombardi. It would give us a better chance than playing Brady/Rivers and Brees. Sorry, just musing.......

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, egg said:

I'll definitely be rooting for the Ravens today.

If the Colts win next weekend, and the Patriots lose,  I'd much rather the Colts go up against Jackson than Rivers in the AFC Championship game. 

Idk that ravens d is nasty

I see a Patriots v Colts AFC Game.. god feels like the old days of Brady v Manning lol..  I have a feeling the NFL wants Patriots v KC.. they push it as. The GOAT v The best of the next Generation.  Or some crap like that.. but I want Pats v Colts.. because I rather the Colts go to the SB than any other team outside of NE. (That’s in the playoffs)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

I see a Patriots v Colts AFC Game.. god feels like the old days of Brady v Manning lol..  I have a feeling the NFL wants Patriots v KC.. they push it as. The GOAT v The best of the next Generation.  Or some crap like that.. but I want Pats v Colts.. because I rather the Colts go to the SB than any other team outside of NE. (That’s in the playoffs)

Man that would be so cool, I am so happy as a Colts fan that Andrew Luck got healthy and is proving to everyone why he is living up to his hype. I may be biased but I would take Luck over Mahomes if I had to choose QB's. Luck has had 4 seasons where he has been Good to Great and has won 4 playoff games, Mahomes has had this season and that is it + no Playoff wins yet. I used to live for Pats/Colts games when we had Manning. I think Luck has a team now where we can challenge the Pats finally. If KC beats us it will be a close game and because they have HFA.

2 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

We can't get shut down offensively in the second half like yesterday and expect to win against a fantastic team

Against the KC D we could score 4 x TD-s in the first half and hold on. KC are not the Greatest Show on Turf, and Pat could find the playoffs harder than you think.....unlikely but not impossible.

12 hours ago, coming on strong said:

yea okay 156 yards passing 2 tds in the fourth he is a rookie had a bad game and will have a chance to win it

No, he is what he is. He's a running QB and they just aren't successful in the NFL. He had like 6 passing yards at the start of the 4th quarter. Unless he learns to be a real QB, he isn't going anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s funny next week we get rivers, Brady, and Luck. We will see how Mahomes does. But the veterans are still getting it done. 

You said it:

Old St. Nick Foles…vs.….Drew Brees 

I think the pressure of being a QB in your first playoff game is so much more than we know or even than they know)    Watson and Jackson got booed by home crowds who loved them during the regular season....

Mahomes is in an odd spot this week. 50 TDs, 5,000 yards...MVP

..and 76,000 fans at home expecting him to dominate..against a team he's never faced

17 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You said it:

Old St. Nick Foles…vs.….Drew Brees 

I think the pressure of being a QB in your first playoff game is so much more than we know or even than they know)    Watson and Jackson got booed by home crowds who loved them during the regular season....

Mahomes is in an odd spot this week. 50 TDs, 5,000 yards...MVP

..and 76,000 fans at home expecting him to dominate..against a team he's never faced

I think the Colts can win this weekend.  But it would be a mistake for Colts fans to lump Mahommes in the same category as Watson or Jackson.  Unlike those two, Mahommes can stand in the pocket and go through his progressions and pass accurately.  He just has the added benefit of being able to move and make throws on the move as well.

Mahommes is more Luck than Watson/Jackson or even Trub.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I think the Colts can win this weekend.  But it would be a mistake for Colts fans to lump Mahommes in the same category as Watson or Jackson.  Unlike those two, Mahommes can stand in the pocket and go through his progressions and pass accurately.  He just has the added benefit of being able to move and make throws on the move as well.

Mahommes is more Luck than Watson/Jackson or even Trub.

I lump him in the same category because this is his first ever NFL playoff game.

That's what I meant.

We've all seen him play more than once this year but the playoffs are a MUCH DIFFERENT game and I don't know if the things you detail that he does will be things he can do Saturday.

Deshaun Watson was outstanding in multiple NCAA playoff games. Remember?

In his first NFL playoff game, he was shaky at best.

Pat Mahomes has never been in a playoff game, college or pro.

Now he's at home in a must win against pros (even more so than Alabama)

Its  no insult but Mahomes is in the same boat as Watson and Jackson and Trubisky in that respect.

• Like 1