Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congrats on the playoff berth

Arodgers12

31 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

Wow can't believe you guys came back from a 1-5 start and did it. That's a Job well done. I forgot what making the playoffs is like. :( Luck is a class act and the Colts are too. Congrats again.

Thanks!!! Hopefully the Packers hire someone that would be a steadying influence for you guys. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

Wow can't believe you guys came back from a 1-5 start and did it. That's a Job well done. I forgot what making the playoffs is like. :( Luck is a class act and the Colts are too. Congrats again.

Thanks. 

Hopefully McDaniels doesn't put the okie-doke on you guys like he did on us.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Thanks. 

If he does not see the long term excitement in partnering with Andrew Luck, I do not see him getting excited for a short term partnership with Aaron Rodgers. If he does, it would be obvious that it was a stick-it-to-the-Colts move mandated from above that he executed.

It would also make him inconsistent if he used his family as a reason not to move away from the Patriots a year ago and his family suddenly becomes less of a factor in one year.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If he does not see the long term excitement in partnering with Andrew Luck, I do not see him getting excited for a short term partnership with Aaron Rodgers. If he does, it would be obvious that it was a stick-it-to-the-Colts move mandated from above that he executed.

It would also make him inconsistent if he used his family as a reason not to move away from the Patriots a year ago and his family suddenly becomes less of a factor in one year.

If they where trying to stick it to us, it didn't work.  We came out of it with the guy who schemed a way to beat the Pats in the SB with a backup QB.  

Joke is on them.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I think there are a lot of different ways to look at it, but bottom line he was less than professional with us, and it kind of underscored all the things people have been saying about him since Denver. Somewhere in there is a guy who can't be trusted, bottom line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

mcdaniels.........  

Can't believe he's seriously being considered.

What would it say if he accepts the Packers’ job?  Not that I care that much — I think Reich was a home run hire.  I wouldn’t trade him for McDaniels for anything.

But the assumption a year ago was that Kraft assured McDaniels he’d be up next when Belichick calls it a day.  So much for that if he goes to GB.

5 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

What would it say if he accepts the Packers’ job?  Not that I care that much — I think Reich was a home run hire.  I wouldn’t trade him for McDaniels for anything.

But the assumption a year ago was that Kraft assured McDaniels he’d be up next when Belichick calls it a day.  So much for that if he goes to GB.

I will forever believe it was a conspiracy to stick it to the Colts because that's the type of slime ball Kraft is.  

I hate that he's praised around the league. Watching Jeff Saturday hug him during the lockout made me throw up in my mouth.  

I never wanted McDaniels and even questioned if I could be a fan while he was the coach here.   

Well the joke is on them. We got a coach that is 100 times better than McDaniels will ever be and a man that is immeasurably more respectful.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

So what do you guys think is GB rebuilding?

Well. I'd say so.  

Probably more of a re-tooling, but AR isn't getting any younger.  

I don't think I'd switch into a full rebuild at this point in his career, but re-tooling is tough to do quickly in the NFL.  

I wasn't a fan of the McCarthy firing FWIW. Especially in the middle of the season. He deserved better.

8 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

Well. I'd say so.  

Probably more of a re-tooling, but AR isn't getting any younger.  

I don't think I'd switch into a full rebuild at this point in his career, but re-tooling is tough to do quickly in the NFL.  

I wasn't a fan of the McCarthy firing FWIW. Especially in the middle of the season. He deserved better.

Yeah but he seemed to have lost the team. I think there was lots of turmoil in the locker room this year.

2 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

Yeah but he seemed to have lost the team. I think there was lots of turmoil in the locker room this year.

I am not in the organization so I have no idea what was happening internally.  

I am not a fan of firing McCarthy mid season regardless.

Unless he was purposely hurting the organization, he deserved better than that.  

IMO it's a bad look around the NFL.

1 hour ago, Arodgers12 said:

Only the 1970 Bengals and 2015 Chiefs did it before.  It seems nearly impossible to do in the NFL, but it has happened twice in the last 4 years now.

35 minutes ago, chad72 said:

it just further means hes a liar...

• Like 1

Just now, Superman said:

Why? I've heard a lot of people say this, but I don't understand it. 

I understand the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" organization.  

That being said, IMO he earned the right, through his career there, to finish out the season.   

Firing a HC mid season isn't fair to the rest of the staff either IMO. That's quite a bit of extra work and it affects more than just one person.

Here's the problems I see with GB. They still have a poor O line, no WRs other than Adams that can run a route or catch the ball, No Pass Rush, No Secondary at all and Mason Crosby has missed field goals in the most crucial times this year that cost them games. Rodgers isn't getting any younger either and they also had very bad coaching. All these problems have resulted in a 6 win season and Chicago and Minnesota are only going to get better.

3 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

I understand the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" organization.  

That being said, IMO he earned the right, through his career there, to finish out the season.   

Firing a HC mid season isn't fair to the rest of the staff either IMO. That's quite a bit of extra work and it affects more than just one person.

I don't really see it as a big deal either way. I think it sucks for a coach to get fired during the season, including for the team and the rest of the staff, but I don't know why the popular stance is that McCarthy 'earned the right to finish the season,' or that 'he deserved better.' The whole 'he got them a SB' angle is overblown; that was eight years ago.

His team had evidently checked out on him, he was in a pretty obvious beef with his QB, and they wanted to change the tone and get a jump on their head coaching search. I don't think they did him wrong; when you're 4-7-1, your job is in danger, pretty much across the board. 

And from the Packers' perspective, starting their head coaching search a month early -- especially with all the anticipated movement this offseason -- is an advantage moving forward. 

50 minutes ago, Superman said:

Thanks. 

They are better off for him to pull the same shenanigans  rather than take the job and bury them a few months or a year after he's taken the job. 

3 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

All these problems have resulted in a 6 win season and Chicago and Minnesota are only going to get better.

That division will be wide open. Chicago looks good, but they overachieved this season, and they have some holes themselves. Minnesota seems like a fractured team, and they've crumbled under high expectations.

The Packers still have the best QB in the division, by far, and a good offseason could put you guys right back in the mix. I don't see anyone separating from the pack right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arodgers12 said:

Thanks.  

Hopefully your team can bounce back next year.  I really hope your team does not hire Mc*bag because like a lot of people on here are saying that he cannot be trusted.  Plus, personally, I think him and AR would not get along.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't really see it as a big deal either way. I think it sucks for a coach to get fired during the season, including for the team and the rest of the staff, but I don't know why the popular stance is that McCarthy 'earned the right to finish the season,' or that 'he deserved better.' The whole 'he got them a SB' angle is overblown; that was eight years ago.

His team had evidently checked out on him, he was in a pretty obvious beef with his QB, and they wanted to change the tone and get a jump on their head coaching search. I don't think they did him wrong; when you're 4-7-1, your job is in danger, pretty much across the board. 

And from the Packers' perspective, starting their head coaching search a month early -- especially with all the anticipated movement this offseason -- is an advantage moving forward. 

They could have done that without firing him mid-season. The writing was on the wall I'm sure. Unless McCarthy didn't want to finish out the season or was sabotaging the team, I don't see the point in firing him at that point.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

We had a Top 5 defense that year and Rodgers was in his prime. Since then we haven't had a Good defense. In 2014 our offense was so dominant that it got us to the Championship game alone. I blame McCarthy for being conservative in that game blowing a 16 point halftime lead costing us a trip to the SB

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

I just don't see them ever getting back to the postseason even with Rodgers. They have too many holes on Defense. The Saints had a few recent 7-9 seasons under Beees. I see the same happening for awhile here in GB.

6 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

They could have done that without firing him mid-season. The writing was on the wall I'm sure. Unless McCarthy didn't want to finish out the season or was sabotaging the team, I don't see the point in firing him at that point.

How is it better to start your coaching search before you've fired your coach??

The writing was on the wall, that's why they went ahead and made the move. 

Also, they still had a slim chance of getting into the playoffs, and there was some hope that the team would respond once McCarthy was gone. 

I don't think he was sabotaging them, and I'm sure he didn't suggest that he didn't want to finish out the year (that might cost him some guaranteed money), but if it's over, it's over. No reason to stay in a bad marriage just for the kids, especially if the kids are suffering. 

I get the arguments against firing a head coach during the season. I just don't get why McCarthy 'deserved' better. 

5 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

I just don't see them ever getting back to the postseason even with Rodgers. They have too many holes on Defense. The Saints had a few recent 7-9 seasons under Beees. I see the same happening for awhile here in GB.

I'm a firm believer in quick turnarounds. Doesn't hurt that we've seen a couple in Indy over the past few years, but other teams have done it as well.

Shoot, the Chargers looked like a mess in the first month of the season, and now they look like the best team in the AFC. You mention the Saints, they basically jump started their franchise with one great draft.

When you have a great QB, you're never out of it. Obviously, they need more, but assuming Rodgers is healthy and you have even a decent offseason (including hiring a good coach), the Packers will have a great shot at the playoffs next year.