Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sanchez Gets Extension With The Jets

Peyton and Eli fan

New York Jets@nyjets

#RL Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum on conference call tonight: QB Mark Sanchez has signed contract extension with the Jets. No terms disclosed.

Glad to be scratching that team off of the Peyton list. He must have told the Skins and Jets that he wasn't interested, because they both made big moves for QBs today.

Ralph Vacchiano

Also In Football

• Eli Manning has four years, $55.9 million (in salaries) left on his current contract. Mark Sanchez newly extended contract will reportedly pay him $58.25 million over the next five years. ... Discuss amongst yourselves. #NYG

Avg of 13 for Eli and 11 for Sanchez when he should be making about 7 per at most. Crazy deal.

Avg of 13 for Eli and 11 for Sanchez when he should be making about 7 per at most. Crazy deal.

I wouldn't pay him $7 mil...I consider him to be a good backup; he hasn't shown anything to warrant being a starter in this league. The Jets are just trying to stick with their guy, blindly paying him when he hasn't done anything to deserve it. The defense and running game will have to continue to carry this team...

Fun fact: Sanchez has more playoff wins than Tony Romo

Sanchez sucks

Im giving him one more year for me to make my official judgement on him. He hasn't really shown improvement, but I think he could this year. Let's see how he does with a new contract. He'll either do really well or really crappy, that's how big contracts work.

I would take out seattle and add houston. No way Manning goes to Seattle. they suck.

Seattle's secondary is very good, their linebacking core is pretty good, and their D-line is one good guy away from being good. O-line is young and could easily get Decastro. Lynch is a beast and they have some good receivers/tight ends there. They have Sidney Rice, Zach Miller and Doug Baldwin. They're one PM away from being a playoff bound team.

So that takes the Jets out of the running. As I see it now the remaining teams are:

Miami

Denver

KC

Seattle

Tennessee

I could also see Houston, Baltimore, Arizona, and potentially San Francisco in the mix. Apparently Manning is using a part of his trip out west to visit Arizona after he meets with Denver.

Seattle's secondary is very good, their linebacking core is pretty good, and their D-line is one good guy away from being good. O-line is young and could easily get Decastro. Lynch is a beast and they have some good receivers/tight ends there. They have Sidney Rice, Zach Miller and Doug Baldwin. They're one PM away from being a playoff bound team.

Yes, at the end of the season, their defense started to get really good.

Im giving him one more year for me to make my official judgement on him. He hasn't really shown improvement, but I think he could this year. Let's see how he does with a new contract. He'll either do really well or really crappy, that's how big contracts work.

54% career completion rate. I don't see that changing.

I wouldn't pay him $7 mil...I consider him to be a good backup; he hasn't shown anything to warrant being a starter in this league. The Jets are just trying to stick with their guy, blindly paying him when he hasn't done anything to deserve it. The defense and running game will have to continue to carry this team...

Fun fact: Sanchez has more playoff wins than Tony Romo

Bear in mind you can't compare player's salaries from different times when the contract was signed. Highest paid one year isn't in following years.

I still think he can be a good starter but like Andy says, this would be the telling year.

I could also see Houston, Baltimore, Arizona, and potentially San Francisco in the mix. Apparently Manning is using a part of his trip out west to visit Arizona after he meets with Denver.

He's not going to Baltimore. Probably not going to Houston and probably not going to San Francisco.

Those places make sense from Manning's perspective but outside of San Fran (who for some reason wants Alex Smith back) it doesnt make sense from the team's perspective.

From everything ive read Baltimore is pretty close to the cap and wants to extend Flacco soon anyways. Houston is already strapped to the cap and has Schaub.

Arizona I could def. see though.