Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1-0

NannyMcafee

I have been scouring the internet after the Colts shut out the Cowboys just because it’s nice to see articles only saying good things about my favorite team. But something I have been noticing by all the players, and the ones who are interviewed seem to keep repeating is that every game is a season and their goal is to go 1-0. I just found it interesting because in all my years watching the Colts and reading articles I have never seen so many players say the same things in separate interviews. If the Colts get into the playoffs the road to the SB isn’t as tough as you may think. (How many teams who dont show the dominance of a playoff team, go to the SB?)

It doesn’t matter how much talent you have, or your level of skill. If you don’t have the heart to put into it you aren’t going to win football games (Colts vs jags anyone), and the Colts played with more heart on Sunday than I have seen since 2005 when the Colts were red hot and beating everyone but drew Bree’s.

If you remember 2006 the Colts were by no means dominating teams. Every game was a struggle up until the playoffs. Remember 300 yards rushing vs the Jags in 06? Horrendous game, as was getting shut out by them this year. The Colts are playing some inspired football. Would love to see if they can transfer that to a wild card playoff game (fingers crossed).

Anyways. My main point was even in separate interviews our guys are on the same page. No one asks them about going 1-0 every game. But the players mention it regardless. Our team is on the same page. And I love it. 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I have been scouring the internet after the Colts shut out the Cowboys just because it’s nice to see articles only saying good things about my favorite team. But something I have been noticing by all the players, and the ones who are interviewed seem to keep repeating is that every game is a season and their goal is to go 1-0. I just found it interesting because in all my years watching the Colts and reading articles I have never seen so many players say the same things in separate interviews. If the Colts get into the playoffs the road to the SB isn’t as tough as you may think. (How many teams who dont show the dominance of a playoff team, go to the SB?)

It doesn’t matter how much talent you have, or your level of skill. If you don’t have the heart to put into it you aren’t going to win football games (Colts vs jags anyone), and the Colts played with more heart on Sunday than I have seen since 2005 when the Colts were red hot and beating everyone but drew Bree’s.

If you remember 2006 the Colts were by no means dominating teams. Every game was a struggle up until the playoffs. Remember 300 yards rushing vs the Jags in 06? Horrendous game, as was getting shut out by them this year. The Colts are playing some inspired football. Would love to see if they can transfer that to a wild card playoff game (fingers crossed).

Anyways. My main point was even in separate interviews our guys are on the same page. No one asks them about going 1-0 every game. But the players mention it regardless. Our team is on the same page. And I love it. 

That's the mentality this team has to have. Each game is a must-win as of now. Focus on each game individually, and take it one game at a time. Win-out, and we possibly make the playoffs. Lose and we're done. For us, it's single elimination, and the coach and players know it.

40 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I just hope we can get there. If we do, we are dangerous 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I just hope we can get there. If we do, we are dangerous 

All I'll say is, if we don't make it this year, next year we are tearing up the league. That's with another draft and FA period as well, so this team will even better. With Ballard drafting for us, we should hit on 3-5 more solid players next year as well IMO to fix our remaining holes.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

All I'll say is, if we don't make it this year, next year we are tearing up the league. That's with another draft and FA period as well, so this team will even better. With Ballard drafting for us, we should hit on 3-5 more solid players next year as well IMO to fix our remaining holes.

I think this current teams "holes" are not insurmountable. 

If we were to get in to the playoffs (I peg it at 60%) THIS TEAM MAY have enough talent to win the SB..... this year.... (of course, not a lock)

Our offense has beaten some excellent defenses the past few weeks (throw out Jackvlle)

Between Luck being on fire, the game plan and play calling and execution is great

Our defense is playing very well, and has slowed down some very good offenses 

We kept Zeke under 100 Yards, Shut down Cooper, Shut down Hopkins.

Nobody ELSE is stopping these guys

I see a well coached team that is getting better every week

I dont see as many holes as I did a month ago

A BPA approach to the offseason would (could) take a good "filled" spot to a better spot

Even though we all want a certain position drafted......  BPA is king

(Except QB, and TE......... and LG...... and C.......and FS......and WSLB...... :))

j/k   in Ballard, I leave all trust to build this football team

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

If we were to get in to the playoffs (I peg it at 60%) THIS TEAM MAY have enough talent to win the SB..... this year.... (of course, not a lock)

Our offense has beaten some excellent defenses the past few weeks (throw out Jackvlle)

Between Luck being on fire, the game plan and play calling and execution is great

A BPA approach to the offseason would (could) take a good "filled" spot to a better spot

(Except QB, and TE......... and LG...... and C.......and FS......and WSLB...... :))

while I dont disagree with any of that, the Saints and Chiefs both are going to be very very tough teams.  That's if we get in even.  That Jacksonville loss may hurt us yet. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I was thinking about if we had a chance to win the SB this year if we made the playoffs, and with the defense and O-Line improvement we've had, there's a small chance. We should go for it as much as we can and see what happens. Even against the Pats in the 1st round (should that happen), I think we can put up a fight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

while I dont disagree with any of that, the Saints and Chiefs both are going to be very very tough teams.  That's if we get in even.  That Jacksonville loss may hurt us yet. 

Saints we wouldn't have to worry about until the SB possibly, should that happen. The Chiefs are a definite worry, but without Kareem Hunt they are a lot more one-dimensional.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, csmopar said:

The Saints and Chiefs are excellent team, and they would be favorites to beat us if we played

I think that you can see, I am not saying its a LOCK to beat them......

But............  if things go right..... and we play well....... and are healthy........ BOTH are beatable

This year.... not next

• Like 2

All it takes is to get in. I think this staff is preparing this young team for the playoffs even if they dont make it with this " lets be 1-0 " mentality. If the Colts get in which i hope and think we will, nothing changes as they have been in the "playoffs" for 3 or 4 weeks already in their eyes.  

I'm pretty sure theres not a team in the league the Colts can't beat, or lose to. Its the NFL any given Sunday.  

For some odd reason I am picturing a Colts vs Pats post season game. 

2 minutes ago, strt182 said:

All it takes is to get in. I think this staff is preparing this young team for the playoffs even if they dont make it with this " lets be 1-0 " mentality. If the Colts get in which i hope and think we will, nothing changes as they have been in the "playoffs" for 3 or 4 weeks already in their eyes.  

I'm pretty sure theres not a team in the league the Colts can't beat, or lose to. Its the NFL any given Sunday.  

For some odd reason I am picturing a Colts vs Pats post season game. 

Would love that if I'm honest 

7 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

But something I have been noticing by all the players, and the ones who are interviewed seem to keep repeating is that every game is a season and their goal is to go 1-0.

It's something the Seahawks used to say all the time, and like almost everything Russell Wilson ever says it became trite and cliched. 

I agree with it, but it's kind of stale to me already.

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

What I've noticed lately is Lucks pocket awareness has improved big time. He's able to move around and extend plays. Lot of that may be also due to our sick savages of an oline we have. 

The Sick Wall. Nice name for the line.

(In the voice of the lead vocalist of Disturbed)

"Before we line up.....we'll knock you down with the sickness!!"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

It's something that they say. It doesn't neccessarly mean they actually think that way all the time.

5 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

The Saints and Chiefs are excellent team, and they would be favorites to beat us if we played

I think that you can see, I am not saying its a LOCK to beat them......

But............  if things go right..... and we play well....... and are healthy........ BOTH are beatable

This year.... not next

I was thinking the same thing.  If we are healthy, we can dance with anyone, perhaps.   However, we have yet, IMHO, played a team with a great QB and RB, as a test, with this outstanding defense we have right now.  All I know is this.  If the Colts make the playoffs this year, I wouldn't want to be playing them! :P

• Like 2

It goes to show that as fans, we have to have patience. I know we want to compete at the level that we had grown accustom  with during the Manning era.  But the Offensive line rebuild was a must. I know it's was not the Glamour FA picks or the high, running backs Or wide outs that get the media attention. But for us it was a godsend  For Luck's well being, it could not have worked out better for him to stay healthy and to not have set backs, Can you imagine if he still had the makeshift line he had before. had to run for his life, and being a jail break as soon as he got the ball in his hands?  The gm, as well as the current coaching staff has been what we have needed.

Thanks. Patriots!. for keeping your offensive coordinator where he belongs.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

It goes to show that as fans, we have to have patience. I know we want to compete at the level that we had grown accustom  with during the Manning era.  But the Offensive line rebuild was a must. I know it's was not the Glamour FA picks or the high, running backs Or wide outs that get the media attention. But for us it was a godsend  For Luck's well being, it could not have worked out better for him to stay healthy and to not have set backs, Can you imagine if he still had the makeshift line he had before. had to run for his life, and being a jail break as soon as he got the ball in his hands?  The gm, as well as the current coaching staff has been what we have needed.

Thanks. Patriots!. for keeping your offensive coordinator where he belongs.   

I don't have to imagine, the first five games of this season was that way.  Until Costanzo got back and Smith took over at right tackle we were looking like last year except for Q at left guard.

6 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

I was thinking the same thing.  If we are healthy, we can dance with anyone, perhaps.   However, we have yet, IMHO, played a team with a great QB and RB, as a test, with this outstanding defense we have right now.  All I know is this.  If the Colts make the playoffs this year, I wouldn't want to be playing them! :P

Fortunately, the list of teams that have a great QB and great RB is very short.

• Like 1