Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This time last year.....

coltsfeva

Strange, what’s happened in a year’s time. 

This was probably one of the least painful Colts losses I’ve ever experienced. Because if the elements and I believe we were eliminated, at that point. It was a fun game to watch.

Things have gone right for us this year, so far. A good (if not great) draft, key FA signings, Luck’s health and getting Frank Reich & Co.

Strange, what’s happened in a year’s time...

• Like 1

I just watched that game again last week.  I love snow games.

remember the year we "threw away the perfect record", we played a very snowy one in buffalo late.  I remember dallas clark getting fed 1 yard passes for a record in 1st half.  I think we fed marvin for a record too.  Then players got yanked.

17 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I just watched that game again last week.  I love snow games.

remember the year we "threw away the perfect record", we played a very snowy one in buffalo late.  I remember dallas clark getting fed 1 yard passes for a record in 1st half.  I think we fed marvin for a record too.  Then players got yanked.

I always wondered about that game if we went for perfection.  We had the Jets game, no doubt.  But we would have had to play the starters in Buffalo in bad weather, risking injury.   

Probably would have won there.  I’d rather not be a team with a perfect regular season record only to lose in the Super Bowl.  Too embarrassing a legacy.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I always wondered about that game if we went for perfection.  We had the Jets game, no doubt.  But we would have had to play the starters in Buffalo in bad weather, risking injury.   

Probably would have won there.  I’d rather not be a team with a perfect regular season record only to lose in the Super Bowl.  Too embarrassing a legacy.  

It's debatable, but I always felt there was a bad lingering feeling after that game.  Players want to play and I think "resting" cost us a perfect regular season record.  Also not a great game for the "mojo" seeing how badly Painter played.  I just don't think the players ever got over not being able to compete for that "perfect season" and it cost us in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, braveheartcolt said:

Most cowerdly decision in sports. But that was Polian. Arrogant to the core, and Irsay should have called shotgun. For a while I became an un Colts fan.

Luckily I got over it, but it was shamefull.

I am still upset over it and I usually forget about things after a while but not going for the perfect season was just awful sports wise.

• Like 1