Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1,000 Yards Passing KC vs. LAC Tonight ??

King Colt

8 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

I hope not!  I'm hoping we can maintain at least 30 to 40% run to pass.  Down to 3rd and 4th string RBs is never a great position, but the "Pollyanna" in me says, "welp... at least they dont have much film to work from"  :lol:

Good luck tonight, sucks Gordon is out but hopefully he will get healthy.

Did anybody see Rivers audible to that deep ball to Benjamin across the middle on the final drive? That was Peyton Manning level computer mind football right there. It wasn’t just an audible because he didn’t like the play they had called. He clearly saw something that made that completion automatic. You could tell by the way he frantically called it. Against a top defense in there house on perhaps the final drive of the game. I don’t know if they’re going to pull this out but that was an example of how great Rivers is. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Did anybody see Rivers audible to that deep ball to Benjamin across the middle on the final drive? That was Peyton Manning level computer mind football right there. It wasn’t just an audible because he didn’t like the play they had called. He clearly saw something that made that completion automatic. You could tell by the way he frantically called it. Against a top defense in there house on perhaps the final drive of the game. I don’t know if they’re going to pull this out but that was an example of how great Rivers is. 

Rivers is damn good! If they score would you go for 2? and the win.

• Like 2

I was saying go for 2 because you don’t want to have 1 of those just plain exhausting games on a Thursday night late in the year. The seed and the home field isn’t worth it if you’re dead when you get there. Rivers doesn’t need to get hurt either. Had they lost then they were still virtually in and they wouldn’t have to worry about sweeping the Chiefs. But they converted anyway! Good for them. 1 of my favorites all time.

• Like 2

Just now, BloodyChamp said:

I was saying go for 2 because you don’t want to have 1 of those just plain exhausting games on a Thursday night late in the year. The seed and the home field isn’t worth it if you’re dead when you get there. Rivers doesn’t need to get hurt either. Had they lost then they were still virtually in and they wouldn’t have to worry about sweeping the Chiefs. But they converted anyway! Good for them. 1 of my favorites all time.

Rivers is Great, I wouldn't mind the Chargers winning it all if the Colts do not. Rivers is like the Marino and Kelly of today, go get that ring Phil.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

This is good for the Colts. Means The Chargers have extra incentive to beat both Baltimore and Denver for a shot at the #1 seed.

True. But the Ravens are the type of blitzing team like the Rex Ryan days to give Rivers and the Chargers fits. I have a feeling Ravens will take down the Chargers. But what a game, regardless!!!

Chiefs, if they beat the Seahawks, have the Raiders left on the board. It is always hard to beat Seattle in Seattle but if they pull it off, the #1 seed is theirs.

The #6 seed in the AFC can beat the Texans, hopefully it is the Colts. I'd rather have the Chiefs stay at the #1 spot where the Colts match up well vs the Chiefs and let the Chargers and Patriots to duke it out. :) 

The AFC playoffs is ALWAYS better with the Ravens and Chargers in it. Here is to the Steelers for blowing it on Sunday. 

About the 1000 plus yards of passing, Rivers is the kind of QB who methodically drives down the field. Mahomes, after his initial success, teams are playing safeties deep, to force him to methodically drive down as well. Bosa and Ingram back forces teams to get rid of the ball quickly. So, I never expected anything close to 700 yards.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rivers is Great, I wouldn't mind the Chargers winning it all if the Colts do not. Rivers is like the Marino and Kelly of today, go get that ring Phil.

I’m definitely pulling for the 2 best quarterbacks in the game right now who don’t have a ring (just forgetting the future single season TD leader who hasn’t technically played a whole year yet for a minute). A bunch of other guys deserve it too. Gates, the OL who bust their * every play etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BloodyChamp said:

I’m definitely pulling for the 2 best quarterbacks in the game right now who don’t have a ring (just forgetting the future single season TD leader who hasn’t technically played a whole year yet for a minute). A bunch of other guys deserve it too. Gates, the OL who bust their * every play etc.

I am out of LIKES so I will have to get you back tomorrow but yes I would love to see Rivers to get a Ring. You get just one and that completes the resume IMO. I was hoping Marino would get one but he never did. Kelly too but 0-4 in SB's.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, King Colt said:

Both teams running games are wounded, Many QBs have thrown for 500+ yards in a single game including Matt Schaub against the Jags in 2012 so with the two excellent QBs going at it tonight will we see a 1,000 yard game? 

For the record...  

Rivers and Mahomes combined for..... 

556 yards passing.

Rivers:  313

Mahomes:  243

So close......

• Like 1

I had a feeling that the Chargers would take this game. The team had a slow start in the first half, with Rivers under pressure, but they adjusted well. Congrats to picking up a playoff berth! 

Tough to see Keenan Allen hurt. I hope it's not serious, and that he will be able to play later. 

Melvin Gordon wanted to play this game, but was held back. He might be ready in the next week or so. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:20 PM, BloodyChamp said:

ugh been sick but yes I did see it. He like zig zags to the line calling out commands. They even showed the replay just on that. Very impressive indeed.

I stopped watching after KC had 2 score lead.

Then I was trying to figure out the 2pt conversion because the score didn't did not  jive with it.

Oh so they went for the win. Very gutsy.

I get a loss may not change SD seed but winning in OT would. Of course that's 50-50 at best.

I can just see Andy Reed making that call, NOT :)

• Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 11:41 PM, chad72 said:

True. But the Ravens are the type of blitzing team like the Rex Ryan days to give Rivers and the Chargers fits. I have a feeling Ravens will take down the Chargers. But what a game, regardless!!!

Chiefs, if they beat the Seahawks, have the Raiders left on the board. It is always hard to beat Seattle in Seattle but if they pull it off, the #1 seed is theirs.

The #6 seed in the AFC can beat the Texans, hopefully it is the Colts. I'd rather have the Chiefs stay at the #1 spot where the Colts match up well vs the Chiefs and let the Chargers and Patriots to duke it out. :) 

The AFC playoffs is ALWAYS better with the Ravens and Chargers in it. Here is to the Steelers for blowing it on Sunday. 

About the 1000 plus yards of passing, Rivers is the kind of QB who methodically drives down the field. Mahomes, after his initial success, teams are playing safeties deep, to force him to methodically drive down as well. Bosa and Ingram back forces teams to get rid of the ball quickly. So, I never expected anything close to 700 yards.

I called it after the Chiefs game. If you play coverage against Rivers, he will pick apart your zones. This was a page out of the Rex Ryan book, the way the Ravens played D tonight.