Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keep it together!

Rally5

Isn't it fascinating how we went from a record-setting offense with Andrew's TD streak, plus the no-sack streak, a best-ever Colts ppg average to having one brutal game and now we're back to we have to get Bell in FA, we desperately need a WR, and we have no shot at the playoffs...or better yet, we don't even want to go to the playoffs and give ourselves a chance. 

It's not just us, I mean last week the national media had Andrew as an MVP candidate the offense was so good.  Then, a seriously talented defense who we put 29 on in the first half previously decided to show up and play with some pride at home and total forum collapse. 

Heaven forbid we drop 30+ on the Texans and lose, then we'll be back to we need a pass rusher and we need corners and we need to draft this guy and that guy.  Yikes guys, I mean just YIKES sometimes!  

• Like 3

we do need a wr and in my opinion a rb too.  it doesnt have to be bell, but hes the best available and we have the money.  mack's ypc number would be more impressive if he could keep it up while hitting a much higher total yardage number

the WR market is going to be thin in free agency.  we also lost 4 or 5 in a row this year too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rally5 said:

Isn't it fascinating how we went from a record-setting offense with Andrew's TD streak, plus the no-sack streak, a best-ever Colts ppg average to having one brutal game and now we're back to we have to get Bell in FA, we desperately need a WR, and we have no shot at the playoffs...or better yet, we don't even want to go to the playoffs and give ourselves a chance. 

It's not just us, I mean last week the national media had Andrew as an MVP candidate the offense was so good.  Then, a seriously talented defense who we put 29 on in the first half previously decided to show up and play with some pride at home and total forum collapse. 

Heaven forbid we drop 30+ on the Texans and lose, then we'll be back to we need a pass rusher and we need corners and we need to draft this guy and that guy.  Yikes guys, I mean just YIKES sometimes!  

To be honest they still need all of the above.  They definitely need a high caliber second tier WR and we do not know if Cain will be that guy or not.  Mack, while he can be dynamic at times, his durability may be somewhat in question and he’s not even close to elite, none of the backs are at this time.  I don’t think defenses really worry much about the Colts running game.  The OL is still extreamly young with Smith, Nelson and even Kelly in his third year.  They definitely need better corners there’s absolutely no doubt about that.  I really like KT, Lewis and some of the young fellas on D but it’s not like the Colts pass rush strikes fear into people either.  They could still use help there.  Playoffs are still in the view but they most likely have to win out, which I hope they do.  I hope that loss last week really lights a fire under this team, especially the offense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rally5 said:

Regardless of how the rest of the season goes, Good or Bad, you don't think we need to add WR's, a RB, Edge Rushers, CB's ??..... you think the 'rebuild' is done and we don't need to add. talented players at those positions??

• Like 1

It is funny CRAZY here. A 1000 YIKES!
BELLBELLBELLBELLBELLBELLBELLBELLBELLBELLBELL 

Oh, WHO IS Bell?? Please tell us, is he a catcher & a base stealer? 

I didn't know. Fascinating!

I am just glad that I Finally have a Coaching staff and multiple players to be fans of, and root for.
New coaches and our 1st & 2nd year players. And Jack. Bring'em on CB. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

we do need a wr and in my opinion a rb too.  it doesnt have to be bell, but hes the best available and we have the money.  mack's ypc number would be more impressive if he could keep it up while hitting a much higher total yardage number

the WR market is going to be thin in free agency.  we also lost 4 or 5 in a row this year too

I have to agree.  It's too bad we didn't trade for Cooper when he was available.  One need would have been solved.  Now he's helping the Cowboys to the playoffs.   But time to move on and hopefully Ballard can draft one or maybe trade for one.  Like you said the FA market doesn't excite me either for WR and Luck needs some playmakers he can count on.  Bell is absolutely the best available so signing him is actually making more sense unless Ballard can find another real threat via a trade.  

Here the thing. The Colts have always needed more talented receivers and could use the services of Bell. All the winning streak does is quiet people talking about it, it doesn’t mean the Colts don’t need to improve.

The Colts have been better than most expected I would say but just because they won some games doesn’t mean they don’t ABSOLUTELY need to improve in a lot of areas.

Even if the Colts make the playoffs they still need.

1.) WR

2.) CB

3.) ROLB

4.) DT

5.) S

6.) RB

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Regardless of how the rest of the season goes, Good or Bad, you don't think we need to add WR's, a RB, Edge Rushers, CB's ??..... you think the 'rebuild' is done and we don't need to add. talented players at those positions??

That's not even close to my point.

4 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

To be honest they still need all of the above.  They definitely need a high caliber second tier WR and we do not know if Cain will be that guy or not.  Mack, while he can be dynamic at times, his durability may be somewhat in question and he’s not even close to elite, none of the backs are at this time.  I don’t think defenses really worry much about the Colts running game.  The OL is still extreamly young with Smith, Nelson and even Kelly in his third year.  They definitely need better corners there’s absolutely no doubt about that.  I really like KT, Lewis and some of the young fellas on D but it’s not like the Colts pass rush strikes fear into people either.  They could still use help there.  Playoffs are still in the view but they most likely have to win out, which I hope they do.  I hope that loss last week really lights a fire under this team, especially the offense.

We have a long boring off-season in which to discuss all matter of the draft, FA, and other assorted matters.  I happen to agree we still need a lot, however, we're currently in a playoff chase and the week to week emotional swings are crazy!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rally5 said:

We have a long boring off-season in which to discuss all matter of the draft, FA, and other assorted matters.  I happen to agree we still need a lot, however, we're currently in a playoff chase and the week to week emotional swings are crazy!

Well that’s the key point.  It shouldn’t be boring, but if it is they have a serious problem.......  The team is probably still about 2-3 years from super bowl caliber with the way things are going.  

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:51 AM, Rally5 said:

Thyis team wouldn't stand a chance with these garbage recievers in the playoffs it embarrassing that this offense looks this bad going on 6 quarters without a single point pathetic more self inflicted mistakes it's ridiculous.

3 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Thyis team wouldn't stand a chance with these garbage recievers in the playoffs it embarrassing that this offense looks this bad going on 6 quarters without a single point pathetic more self inflicted mistakes it's ridiculous.

As Luck goes for 399. 

Look the point isn't that the Colts don't need to upgrade.  The point was about the emotional rollercoaster this forum rides week to week.  Whether you like it or not, we're in the thick of a playoff hunt and you always want to have a shot at the postseason.  At least if your any kind of competitor.

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

This team is close. Upgrades on Offense at WR and RB are needed

Yes, we need upgrades which will happen next year.  Meanwhile...

3 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

As Luck goes for 399. 

Look the point isn't that the Colts don't need to upgrade.  The point was about the emotional rollercoaster this forum rides week to week.  Whether you like it or not, we're in the thick of a playoff hunt and you always want to have a shot at the postseason.  At least if your any kind of competitor.

Meanwhile...let's have some fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rally5 said:

As Luck goes for 399. 

Ya well of course you do I did say that before the colts went on that big run in the second quarter but cant keep up the poor play during games though.

• Like 1