Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This game shows the obvious needs we need on Offense next year...Ballard needs to act../Bell (merge)

threeflight

Mack has the best game of his two year career and here we are overreaction Monday now Tuesday.  Did you forget he's been running behind Kelly and Nelson for the entire year when he's healthy.  He's a nice back and he can play but he's not a lead No.1 back.  Will Ballard go after Bell?  We will know soon enough. And all this noise about his contract.  Such nonsense.  We can easily handle his contract with our space and a continually rising cap.  Do you want to win a SB?  He's a playmaker that could help us do it.  There are not a lot of playmakers that become available every year.  Now that Cooper is with Dallas Bell is now the only one.  We have guys like Ebron asking him to come here.  Doesn't sound like a locker room problem to me.  Players want players that can help them win.  That said we need another WR and a lead RB.  I think Ballard will try to get them this year and nothing is ruled out at this point. 

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

hes missed games this year and been ineffective a few times too.  hes  inconsistent and hasnt shown much durability.  no running back can fill the stat sheet every single week, but mack has been boom or bust  

I disagree, he's been no more boom or bust then most other RBs.

13 hours ago, richard pallo said:

He can see the Jets cap space too.  Also the Browns.  He just wants to get paid what he's worth.  Once he's a FA the market will dictate his worth and he will pick his team.  Who knows maybe the Jets offer him 17m and we offer him 16m and he chooses us.  Maybe we pay him 15m but with more guaranteed money than anyone else.  It's not black and white you know.  Everyone loves Ballard so let him work it out if he thinks Bell is the playmaker we need.  He said himself any FA signing has to be a win for the player and the team.   Trying to say that signing him is going to hurt our chances of building a SB team for years to come is just silly.  I don't buy that reasoning at all.  I think Ballard knows how to plan for the future.  

Hillarious coming from You saying let Ballard work it out.

Hmmm, any idea how the kid has done once AC started playing and we fixed the right side of the line.

Yes things died the week after Doyle went down, andwelosy Kelly for two weeks, and played a game without a blocking TE, but yes You know all about it! HaHa!

53 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Hillarious coming from You saying let Ballard work it out.

Hmmm, any idea how the kid has done once AC started playing and we fixed the right side of the line.

Yes things died the week after Doyle went down, andwelosy Kelly for two weeks, and played a game without a blocking TE, but yes You know all about it! HaHa!

I've said let Ballard work out his contract all along.  That's his job. 

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Mack has the best game of his two year career and here we are overreaction Monday now Tuesday.  Did you forget he's been running behind Kelly and Nelson for the entire year when he's healthy.  He's a nice back and he can play but he's not a lead No.1 back.  Will Ballard go after Bell?  We will know soon enough. And all this noise about his contract.  Such nonsense.  We can easily handle his contract with our space and a continually rising cap.  Do you want to win a SB?  He's a playmaker that could help us do it.  There are not a lot of playmakers that become available every year.  Now that Cooper is with Dallas Bell is now the only one.  We have guys like Ebron asking him to come here.  Doesn't sound like a locker room problem to me.  Players want players that can help them win.  That said we need another WR and a lead RB.  I think Ballard will try to get them this year and nothing is ruled out at this point. 

Honest question - doesn't the production that Connor and Samuels have had in place of Bell give you any pause at all about the value that Bell has?  For goodness sakes, who TF is Jaylen Samuels?  Had you heard of him before he ran for 142 yards on Sunday?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Honest question - doesn't the production that Connor and Samuels have had in place of Bell give you any pause at all about the value that Bell has?  For goodness sakes, who TF is Jaylen Samuels?  Had you heard of him before he ran for 142 yards on Sunday?

No pause really.  I have always liked Connor.  Thought he was a great pick who could be a lead back.  And now he is a lead back.  Connor is way better than Mack BTW.  Connor would be awesome behind our line.  Samuels had a good day.  It happens.  We should know about that.  Remember that Patriot RB that ran over us for 200 yards and disappeared a few years back.  Teams have to game plan for Connor and Bell and Bell is a great receiver Mack is not.  I would want Bell over Connor, Samuels and Mack.  He's a premier playmaker.  That's just a well known fact. 

25 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

No pause really.  I have always liked Connor.  Thought he was a great pick who could be a lead back.  And now he is a lead back.  Connor is way better than Mack BTW.  Connor would be awesome behind our line.  Samuels had a good day.  It happens.  We should know about that.  Remember that Patriot RB that ran over us for 200 yards and disappeared a few years back.  Teams have to game plan for Connor and Bell and Bell is a great receiver Mack is not.  I would want Bell over Connor, Samuels and Mack.  He's a premier playmaker.  That's just a well known fact. 

Connor is way better than Mack - that is clearly up for debate.

I don't know where this notion comes from that Mack can't catch the ball.  

Bell was a play maker.  Whether he is still is open for debate.  There was good evidence that his play making ability had gone down even before he held out all of this year.

You know whose ability to make plays has not gone down?  Someone already on the roster.

4 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Connor is way better than Mack - that is clearly up for debate.

I don't know where this notion comes from that Mack can't catch the ball.  

Bell was a play maker.  Whether he is still is open for debate.  There was good evidence that his play making ability had gone down even before he held out all of this year.

You know whose ability to make plays has not gone down?  Someone already on the roster.

It is very clear that Hines is the guy they are throwing to not Mack.  It looks like they want Hines to be their Sproules type back.  I could be wrong but I don't think Mack is out there much on 3rd. down and long.  In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Hines had more snaps than Mack against the Cowboys.  

48 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The way our Oline appears capable of power blocking these days, Frank Gore would do well behind our line.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

It is very clear that Hines is the guy they are throwing to not Mack.  It looks like they want Hines to be their Sproules type back.  I could be wrong but I don't think Mack is out there much on 3rd. down and long.  In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Hines had more snaps than Mack against the Cowboys.  

Come on man - I get you want Bell but at least make your supportive arguments better.

Because they are using Mack more on 1st and 2nd downs does not come close to meaning he can't catch the damn ball.

And you wouldn't be surprised if Hines had more snaps than Mack?  Did you watch the game?

Mack had 44 and Hines had 29.  I know we see what we want to see but you shouldn't be so blind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

And you wouldn't be surprised if Hines had more snaps than Mack?  Did you watch the game?

Mack had 44 and Hines had 29.  I know we see what we want to see but you shouldn't be so blind.

LOL, I mean, Mack had 27 carries. He was obviously a huge part of the gameplan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Your post was fine right up until the last sentence.     You know...   the snaps?

And then you jumped the shark....

Yikes.....

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No worries...    I’m having more and more if then too.

I appreciate your position....     I just hope you’re not too disappointed thus coming off-season.

Yes I will be disappointed but it won't be the end of the world.  The team is improving greatly.  That's what counts.  I think Ballard has a good handle on our franchise.  I'm just a fan. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, aaron11 said:

the simplest way for me to put this is id like to see us higher than 20th in team rushing.  mack isnt getting us there, someone like bell or another more consistent back could do that 

Then you are blaming the wrong person. That is Reich calling more passing plays than running plays.

This makes no sense to think that having Bell will MAKE Reich call more running plays. He calls plays due to what the opposing defense is showing, and the current feel of the game.  Not because of who is carrying the rock. 

When called upon, Mack has delivered.  There is no evidence anywhere that suggests Bell would carry the ball any better than Mack. The only argument you had was you thought Mack did not have the Durability to have more than 15 carries a game.  The cowboys 27 carries proved that wrong.  And as a matter of fact, When Mack has at-least 15 carries a game, the Colts are 5-0 this year.

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Nick Siaranni just said that he saw a lot of talent in Marlon Mack.  He said he reminded him a little bit of Jamaal Charles.  Nice comp. for sure.  But so far in year two he is no Jamaal Charles. One game does not make him a star RB. 

Where do you get 1 game? He has played extremely well in 5 games this year.  And against (at the time) 3 top 5 run defenses.  (Jets, Bills, Cowboys)