Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Te Position For Colts

I feel this position is a key position that needs to be addressed for the success of Andrew Luck. He had a very good TE in Fleener in college, and if we can get him in the mid 2nd round, we should. This league is becoming a TE league, and we need our stud TE of the future who can be uncoverable like Gronk and Graham.

I think the Colts are good at TE with Clark and Tamme. If Tamme leaves, they still have Clark, and vice versa. They could draft a TE in the later rounds, but it's not worth spending a 2nd round pick on Fleener, we have much bigger needs. I do feel however that Luck should be surrounded with great TEs as he likes them, just look at his college days with Fleener.

Agree we need a TE. Tamme is my future stud TE. He's got hands as good as Clark (in Clark's prime, before last year's "yips"). Jake loves Indy and belongs here. I also really like Brody Eldridge from an excellent run blocking standpoint. I'd have no problem drafting Fleener just because of the chemistry he has with Luck. But I'm thinking Harbaugh (Jim) will take him in 2nd round and he's really a 3rd-4th round talent. Lacks speed.

he's really a 3rd-4th round talent. Lacks speed.

What do you build that on? All I have seen and read about Fleener suggests that he has good speed. He did not run at the combine, so there is no definitive proof one way or the other.

Agree we need a TE. Tamme is my future stud TE. He's got hands as good as Clark (in Clark's prime, before last year's "yips"). Jake loves Indy and belongs here. I also really like Brody Eldridge from an excellent run blocking standpoint. I'd have no problem drafting Fleener just because of the chemistry he has with Luck. But I'm thinking Harbaugh (Jim) will take him in 2nd round and he's really a 3rd-4th round talent. Lacks speed.

let me get this straight...tamme is a future "stud" (yeah right) and fleener is 3-4 round talent? oh my.....

while i value tight ends, i don't think the nfl is becoming a "tight end league"....that is just a gross exaggeration. yes, gronk and grahm are great, but 6-7 260lb athletic te don't grown on trees. plus, the giants did just fine with the very average jake ballard....

Orson Charles just got a DUI so he will drop (4-5?)

Egnew and Hanna are two TE's to target later in the draft as well. (4-6)

I hope we resign Tamme and draft a te. in rounds 4-6, possibly with a compensatory pick.

I agree, primarily with MIchael Egnew of Missouri. He reminds me a lot of Fleener but he may not be quite as good a blocker as Fleener. Still though we have Eldridge to be the primary blocking TE so Egnew would make a nice complement imo;. He's 6'5 252 lbs and very athletic and is projected as a late 3rd to early 4th round pick. He's who I would target. I've never seen Hanna play so can't comment on him.

There is no TE talent justifying a top of the 2nd round pick.

I think Coby Fleener is worth a top of the 2nd round pick but not for the Colts. If we didn't have more pressing needs at DT, CB, SS and WR then I'd say take Fleener at 34. However, too many other areas we need to address first so I'd definitely prefer the Colts wait till round 4 or later.

I feel this position is a key position that needs to be addressed for the success of Andrew Luck. He had a very good TE in Fleener in college, and if we can get him in the mid 2nd round, we should. This league is becoming a TE league, and we need our stud TE of the future who can be uncoverable like Gronk and Graham.

i think our new system is not going to require a receiving tight end.\, we are going to need a run blocking tight end, and a full back as we are going to be a power running team

i think our new system is not going to require a receiving tight end.\, we are going to need a run blocking tight end, and a full back as we are going to be a power running team

I'm wary of this. Arians was allowed to leave Pittsburgh, supposedly, because he was too pass happy. And he knows how to well rounded TEs.

let me get this straight...tamme is a future "stud" (yeah right) and fleener is 3-4 round talent? oh my.....

Rather than mock me, why not counter? Those are my opinions. I think Tamme's hands are fantastic. When Clark went down in 2010, Tamme stepped in and we never missed a beat. Manning was always high on him. As for Fleener (and to answer a more respectful question from Kirie89), I watched almost every Stanford game from 2010 and 2011 seasons. I really, really like Fleener. He was a 3-4th round pick prospect in my eyes due to lack of elite speed. Everything else is there. Then, he had a very good combine here in Indy. Bumped him up to mid-2nd round value. There's even a chance Harbaugh takes him late in the first. Maybe he's got some hidden speed I didn't see on film. I could see us positioning Freeney's trade for a third round pick that we may be able to deal to move up late in 2nd round. I'd take Fleener then, based on his chemistry with Luck. They lived together for four years. I'd estimate 30% of Luck's passes and TDs went to Fleener. He, Tamme, and Eldridge puts us in great shape at TE.

Rather than mock me, why not counter? Those are my opinions. I think Tamme's hands are fantastic. When Clark went down in 2010, Tamme stepped in and we never missed a beat. Manning was always high on him. As for Fleener (and to answer a more respectful question from Kirie89), I watched almost every Stanford game from 2010 and 2011 seasons. I really, really like Fleener. He was a 3-4th round pick prospect in my eyes due to lack of elite speed. Everything else is there. Then, he had a very good combine here in Indy. Bumped him up to mid-2nd round value. There's even a chance Harbaugh takes him late in the first. Maybe he's got some hidden speed I didn't see on film. I could see us positioning Freeney's trade for a third round pick that we may be able to deal to move up late in 2nd round. I'd take Fleener then, based on his chemistry with Luck. They lived together for four years. I'd estimate 30% of Luck's passes and TDs went to Fleener. He, Tamme, and Eldridge puts us in great shape at TE.

relax, i wasn't mocking you...

i just think tamme is highly overrated by colt fans who just look at the numbers. what i saw was an average athlete who didn't get much seperation/yac and forced the qb to throw into tight windows. he and guys like blair white did well because of injuries and well.....manning made them look good. not saying tamme is a poor te, but imo, he is far from a stud.

relax, i wasn't mocking you...

i just think tamme is highly overrated by colt fans who just look at the numbers. what i saw was an average athlete who didn't get much seperation/yac and forced the qb to throw into tight windows. he and guys like blair white did well because of injuries and well.....manning made them look good. not saying tamme is a poor te, but imo, he is far from a stud.

There's definitely some validity on Tamme's lack of speed/separation. I do think he has excellent hands though.