Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders wanting to trade Cooper? [Merge]

pac2

On 10/15/2018 at 11:10 AM, MTC said:

Even though Amari Cooper is 24, he drops a ton of passes, which is the opposite of what we need right now. 

I would not trade anything over a 5th round pick for him.

He has had drop issues this year, & they've been publicized. But at the same time, this is a guy that made the Pro Bowl his first 2 seasons in the league, & then had a bit of dud season in 2017, which I'm assuming had more to do with his injury than anything else. At the end of the day I wouldn't be above sending a 3rd to Oakland for him, but they're asking for a 1st which is just asinine considering he comes with a somewhat hefty cap hit as well.

51 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He has had drop issues this year, & they've been publicized. But at the same time, this is a guy that made the Pro Bowl his first 2 seasons in the league, & then had a bit of dud season in 2017, which I'm assuming had more to do with his injury than anything else. At the end of the day I wouldn't be above sending a 3rd to Oakland for him, but they're asking for a 1st which is just asinine considering he comes with a somewhat hefty cap hit as well.

A third,  I could get behind.   Does anyone know if he passed concussion protocol yet?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

A third,  I could get behind.   Does anyone know if he passed concussion protocol yet?

Normally I hate the idea of trading a pick, plus having to shell out cap space.  But a third then executing the 5th year option if he looks good seems like a good deal.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Ballard said a trade has to be good for both teams.  They want a 1st.  Many here want to give a 3rd. or lower.  Let's compromise and agree on a 2nd. and both sides can feel good about the trade.  Look over there.  Isn't that Andrew Luck jumping up and down and high fiving? 

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Ballard said a trade has to be good for both teams.  They want a 1st.  Many here want to give a 3rd. or lower.  Let's compromise and agree on a 2nd. and both sides can feel good about the trade.  Look over there.  Isn't that Andrew Luck jumping up and down and high fiving? 

Maybe a 2nd for Cooper & a 4th?

22 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

3rd that can turn into a conditional second if he plays well

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

I don't think I would do just a 2nd.  Our 2nd is pretty high.  We could probably fine a reciever with our 2nd that's just as good or even better. I would do it with our 3rd tho but not our 2nd's

If we get Cooper for the second half of the season I think the chances of our second being high goes down quite a bit.  I don't believe we would find a receiver that already has been to the pro bowl twice before age 24 anywhere in the second round.

28 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

An early second seems to much.   An early third seems better considering his contract situation

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

3rd that can turn into a conditional second if he plays well

Trade rogers and a 3rd for cooper 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Where do you come up with these scenarios?  If he is healthy,  and can be had for a second,   we will see if anyone bites after Sunday

My guess is we will have to wait to the deadline to see if anything really goes down.  Lots can change over the next two weeks. 

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

These Madden trade ideas make me laugh

Can he cover a slot receiver??

Don't need to.  We play primarily zone now.  This league is about out scoring your opponent.  We need more weapons.  

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

My guess is we will have to wait to the deadline to see if anything really goes down.  Lots can change over the next two weeks. 

Don't need to.  We play primarily zone now.  This league is about out scoring your opponent.  We need more weapons.  

No not really, the colts are 11th in scoring offense,  were 1-5

I understand Cooper hasnt played well this year, but that just makes me think its the perfect time to bring him in and get him refocused with a great locker room, a franchise QB and a really good scheme for his talents. He just fits the more I think about it.

Andrew Luck

Amari Cooper

TY Hilton

Jack Doyle

Eric Ebron

The only guy who hasnt made the Pro Bowl is Ebron, who is certainly on his way this year if he keeps catching TDs at this pace.

Hell yeah Id give them a 2nd round pick. Luck isnt getting any younger, lets get him here and start building chemistry. 

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, DougDew said:

That's what I was thinking.  The types of targets matters.  He was a 1st round choice, so i assume he has good/great speed.  And I think he was used as OAKs deep threat, much like TY.

I think he has value as a WR. 

The issue is that I don't know if WRs are valued that highly in this O.  Ball control targets and YAC seems the desired profile, not another TY.

He has good but not great speed. And is not an ideal deep threat and hasn't been used as such by the Raiders. That's why they acquired Martavis Bryant. Amari Coopers depth of target (in yards) is actually sandwiched between Pascal, Grant and Ebron this year. 10.1 Yards per target on avg. when true deep threats have almost twice as much. We'll see if it changes as the OL gets healthy but right now, all Colts receivers are so close to each other on depth of target that it's clearly planned by Reich. 

Cooper has had his best production when used in the slot. He can use his route running ability there better and not deal with the physicality of press corners and/o make contested catches.

On 10/15/2018 at 4:02 PM, richard pallo said:

Carr has regressed too.  Maybe that is a reason for his lower receptions.  

Cooper regressed even within his own team. He is 4th in receiving yards, Cook, Nelson and Martavis Bryant are all ahead of him. And he is 24, Nelson is like 90, and still, Nelson has 1.5x as many YAC as Cooper has. The guy indeed regressed, he is far from his 2016 himself.

Not to mention, that even his best year was kinda so-so. He had 1100 yards which is OK, but he led the league in drops ... by quite a big margin. He had 18 while the next worst behind him was Demaryus Thomas with 12. So, he was a drop machine. Do the Colts really need such a guy? I doubt so.

On 10/15/2018 at 2:18 AM, love the shoe said:

you pay for what you get, you cant get something for nothing or you will have another Rodgers on your hands

Yes. So you do not pay 100.000 for a Honda Accord.