Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders wanting to trade Cooper? [Merge]

pac2

He's got a 5th year option after this season for 14 million. We'd be getting almost no cost control and term. I like his age , but not his contract. 

It would have to be for like a 4th round pick for me to be interested , and I doubt Gruden would move him for that.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trueman said:

He's got a 5th year option after this season for 14 million. We'd be getting almost no cost control and term. I like his age , but not his contract. 

It would have to be for like a 4th round pick for me to be interested , and I doubt Gruden would move him for that.  

What's wrong with a 5th year option for 14 million if he produces?  He would have Luck as his QB that's a far cry from Carr.  He's only 24.  We sign him long term if he produces.  We always have the franchise tag as well.  I don't see much downside but again I would be shocked if Ballard does anything to help Luck right now. 

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

What's wrong with a 5th year option for 14 million if he produces?  He would have Luck as his QB that's a far cry from Carr.  He's only 24.  We sign him long term if he produces.  We always have the franchise tag as well.  I don't see much downside but again I would be shocked if Ballard does anything to help Luck right now. 

If he produces , that means we're essentially paying for 1 year of cost-control and then a pricey extension --- or he walks. If he doesn't produce, he's a pretty massive hit on the books and it's a wasted asset. If this was last season , and he still had another year of his rookie deal , I'd be much more receptive to the idea. 

Again, I'm not saying trading for Cooper is necessarily a bad idea , but paying anything close to what Gruden will likely demand makes little sense. We aren't in a position to give up 2nd round picks for a guy who may (or may not) produce and is due a huge deal if he does. Gruden is looking to move him for a reason --- he's really stagnated (putting it kindly) and his level of compete has been questioned on more than one occasion.  

I know everyone wants better receivers , but the cost needs to make sense.  A 4th round pick is as high as I'd go  , but I'm sure another team would go higher. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trueman said:

If he produces , that means we're essentially paying for 1 year of cost-control and then a pricey extension --- or he walks. If he doesn't produce, he's a pretty massive hit on the books and it's a wasted asset. If this was last season , and he still had another year of his rookie deal , I'd be much more receptive to the idea. 

Again, I'm not saying trading for Cooper is necessarily a bad idea , but paying anything close to what Gruden will likely demand makes little sense. We aren't in a position to give up 2nd round picks for a guy who may (or may not) produce and is due a huge deal if he does. Gruden is looking to move him for a reason --- he's really stagnated (putting it kindly) and his level of compete has been questioned on more than one occasion.  

I know everyone wants better receivers , but the cost needs to make sense.  A 4th round pick is as high as I'd go  , but I'm sure another team would go higher. 

you pay for what you get , you cant get something for nothing or you will have another Rodgers on your hands

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Should but won't.  It makes too much sense. 

So why does it make sense?  A team that is mayb worse than us and looks to re building wants to get rid of a top 4 pick. R we not rebuilding and why do we want a player that a team is wanting to get rid of? If he was an elite player they would keep him.....hes not 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So why does it make sense?  A team that is mayb worse than us and looks to re building wants to get rid of a top 4 pick. R we not rebuilding and why do we want a player that a team is wanting to get rid of? If he was an elite player they would keep him.....hes not 

We have Luck and he needs another playmaker.  Mack was an elite player and they got rid of him.  Who knows what they're doing.   He's a proven young player in a position of need versus a draft pick with a 50/50 chance of panning out.  Makes too much sense. 

14 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I agree he sucks.

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We have Luck and he needs another playmaker.  Mack was an elite player and they got rid of him.  Who knows what they're doing.   He's a proven young player in a position of need versus a draft pick with a 50/50 chance of panning out.  Makes too much sense. 

I agree Mack was an elite player wen they traded him; Cooper is not.  He's not a proven young player.  He basically had one good year and has under whelmed since then.   If u want him  that bad wait till end of season as  he will probably b cut.

• Like 1

Amari Cooper??? Heck ya sign him!  Shoot,  I would rather have Cooper  Peyton’s older bro out there   than seeing another game with these hands of stone receivers. On most of lucks unlucky Interceptions this year these So called wide receivers look like volleyball players setting up their team mate for a spike by tipping the ball into the air. I swear only In modern America would a guy who can’t catch a football  something a 7 yr old kid can do btw....ends up making more in a year than brain surgeons, teachers, police officers and the president of the United States of America lol.  For the money they get paid they better dang we’ll be cyborgs that make no mistakes lol. I’m just kidding with all of this but it is kind of messed up if you think about it. I’m only making jokes because I gotta laugh to keep myself from crying lol. 

Looking at Cooper's career stats over 3 plus seasons he has been targeted 389 times for 225 receptions. I don't know how many of those were drops, but I'm assuming a lot. Now just a comparison with T.Y. who has 3 more years in the league than Cooper. T.Y has been targeted 796 times hauling in 452 receptions. Add that up and I don't know what that means LOL, but keep in mind Cooper regressed last year and this one too.

35 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Looking at Cooper's career stats over 3 plus seasons he has been targeted 389 times for 225 receptions. I don't know how many of those were drops, but I'm assuming a lot. Now just a comparison with T.Y. who has 3 more years in the league than Cooper. T.Y has been targeted 796 times hauling in 452 receptions. Add that up and I don't know what that means LOL, but keep in mind Cooper regressed last year and this one too.

Carr has regressed too.  Maybe that is a reason for his lower receptions.  

Just read where it's being mentioned that Gruden is not sold on Carr and he could be in jeopardy at the end of the year.  Maybe he would be receptive to Brissett and a mid pick for Cooper.  Starting player for a backup for us.  Potential new QB for him.  Brissett is a wild card that could be used now in a trade for Cooper or Bell.   Big Ben is already contemplating retirement.  You don't get a chance at acquiring young proven talent very often.  But here we sit and wait.

• Like 1

In my opinion yes we should see what it takes to get him. If he could be had for a 4th rounder I’d do it today. He still has tons of talent and is only 24. He was great his first 2 years in the league. They simply aren’t throwing him the ball this season which is crazy to me unless there’s something we don’t know about him.