Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants will cut or trade OT Flowers

Cynjin

The Giants look absolutely putrid besides Barkley and the defense (only because they've gotten some breaks in this game, they're not exactly shutting down the Eagles). The OL isn't even there but it doesn't matter since all the call are WR screens to OBJ. WR screens the week after a WR complains is never the answer. We've seen that 100 times. I don't know why they didn't take a shot on 2nd and 1. The pass before the screen (which was a big play jusy because of Barkley) was a dumpoff to Barkley that Eli threw backwards after stepping up. That's how much they have going on down filed. Yikes.

43 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I think this is the end for Manning in NY. They have to shift gears now with Barkley because Eli can't get the ball long to anyone. Short game has to be the plan for this season.

I am not a Eli basher and have supported him for a long time, but I think he is done as anything more than a manager..and he needs a good o-line to be that. 

Prime Peyton Manning with Favre's legs couldn't get the ball downfield on that team. They stink as a whole and the WRs that are good have mailed it in. The OL is so bad that I don't see Eli making it through the whole season. He stinks to don't get me wrong but they're not a quarterback away from winning games and I'd still take him over some of the FAs being mentioned.

7 hours ago, King Colt said:

I think this is the end for Manning in NY. They have to shift gears now with Barkley because Eli can't get the ball long to anyone. Short game has to be the plan for this season.

5 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

If the Broncos can bench lord Peyton Manning, then the Giants can bench Eli. Whatever the reason, he isn't effective so it's time to try something different

And they should cut/trade ODB while they're at it

Alex Tanney has 1 game in 7 years.  He's even less than Davis Webb (who still doesn't have an NFL QB job) was last year.  They drafted Kyle Lauletta this year, and they need to move him up to #2 on th\e depth chart and give him those reps.  Then, in a few weeks, they can put him in instead of Eli.  But not now, and not with Tanney.

And I think the Jags signed Flowers...