Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Earl Thomas broken leg

Lucky Colts Fan

9 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Did anyone see what happened with Earl Thomas yesterday?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24852699/earl-thomas-seattle-seahawks-carted-off

Flipped off his own sideline...  Pretty sure his days in Seattle are over.

The Legion of Boom is no more.

0aa6aacae369ae8bd58cf042709a1c8d

This is the latest example of why teams should get rid of their aging vets before it is too late.  Seattle held on to the LOB too long. Period.

1 hour ago, Reality Check said:

This is the latest example of why teams should get rid of their aging vets before it is too late.  Seattle held on to the LOB too long. Period.

How much longer did they hold on to them? When should they have booted them? 

• Like 1

Jerk-like move from Earl Thomas, that is all I can say. It is one thing to keep all contract negotiations off the field, but it is another thing to do that to your teammates that are counting on you. If you don't want to be on the field, don't be there, like LeVeon Bell. At least your team knows what they are getting and can move on from you.

He is mad at everyone, mad at the world, "bowed down to the Cowboys sideline" in the Cowboys game. He is very vindictive and classless. I am not too certain the market for safeties will be buzzing for him next off season.

To be honest, I have to admit that the 2014 SB is the first SB I rooted "for" the Patriots because of the brash classless attitude the LOB displayed several times. No one likes a "rub it in your face" bully, no matter how good they are and that is what the LOB was. I was in fact happy when Butler made the INT, that was the second dynasty outside the Rams' dynasty the Patriots basically stopped in the tracks right there and kept them from winning back-to-back SBs. There, I admit it. Sorry for anyone that is offended by my admission. I have no respect for such classless individuals playing sport.

51 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Jerk-like move from Earl Thomas, that is all I can say. It is one thing to keep all contract negotiations off the field, but it is another thing to do that to your teammates that are counting on you. If you don't want to be on the field, don't be there, like LeVeon Bell. At least your team knows what they are getting and can move on from you.

He is mad at everyone, mad at the world, "bowed down to the Cowboys sideline" in the Cowboys game. He is very vindictive and classless. I am not too certain the market for safeties will be buzzing for him next off season.

To be honest, I have to admit that the 2014 SB is the first SB I rooted "for" the Patriots because of the brash classless attitude the LOB displayed several times. No one likes a "rub it in your face" bully, no matter how good they are and that is what the LOB was. I was in fact happy when Butler made the INT, that was the second dynasty outside the Rams' dynasty the Patriots basically stopped in the tracks right there and kept them from winning back-to-back SBs. There, I admit it. Sorry for anyone that is offended by my admission. I have no respect for such classless individuals playing sport.

Other than the Colts, the Seahawks were the only team I have found myself rooting for. Crushed that Butler intercepted... Smh...

Would LOVE to have players like the legion of boom on the Colts; from their skill to their attitude. 

3 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

How much longer did they hold on to them? When should they have booted them? 

It is always better to get rid of a player "one year too early" than "one year too late".

Browner & Sherman were situations were handled much better than Thomas and Chancellor's situations.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2018/10/01/earl-thomas-middle-finger-seattle-seahawks-pete-carroll/1487975002/

The guy wanted an extension or trade heading into his final year of his contract.  Now he has a long road to recovery, and teams likely won’t offer a huge payout to him because of health reasons.  Yes, he knows and was angry about it.  This is LeVeon /Bell’s worst nightmare.

• Thanks 1

What a punk. He blames the entire roster for his stupidity with that gesture. Someone should have run across the field and twisted his injured leg just to make sure it would not come off. Another rich loser providing inspiration to our youth. These antics we are seeing are a result of giving the players way to much money and kissing their ****** whenever they do something stupid and or criminal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

What a punk. He blames the entire roster for his stupidity with that gesture. Someone should have run across the field and twisted his injured leg just to make sure it would not come off. Another rich loser providing inspiration to our youth. These antics we are seeing are a result of giving the players way to much money and kissing their ****** whenever they do something stupid and or criminal.

Dear God...

You continue to be the message board "get off my lawn guy."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Someone should have run across the field and twisted his injured leg just to make sure it would not come off. 

Really?? :facepalm:

Your "antics" here are not any different than those of Earl Thomas. They show a lack of discretion and impulse control.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I see a change in the franchise tag in the future.  It may be one of the main issues coming up in the next negotiations.

I don't know. It affects such a tiny percentage of players. The vast vast majority aren't going to give a bleep about that

If 6 guys are franchised per season, that's .3% of the players on active rosters

1 hour ago, shakedownstreet said:

I don't know. It affects such a tiny percentage of players. The vast vast majority aren't going to give a bleep about that

If 6 guys are franchised per season, that's .3% of the players on active rosters

In 2014 there were 13 tags given out.  Not sure of the number this year but this has drawn so much attention I do think it will be an issue next contracts negotiations.

In the past a player being tagged was thought to be a good thing. Now with the guaranteed money and the huge contracts it has changed. 

1 minute ago, shakedownstreet said:

There are six this year. The vast majority on NFL players make less than one million per, and they would LOVE to play under the tag.

You could be right, we'll see

I could be just as wrong too.  Money does speak louder than most things when it comes to majority. haha

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I could be just as wrong too.  Money does speak louder than most things when it comes to majority. haha

It's really easy to look at the the prominent players in this league and perceive it as the norm. Guys who play 10-20 years are BY FAR the exception. The average career is less than 3 years. And guys making say three million per and up are also the exception. The bulk of an NFL roster are young guys barely making league minimum. Those are the guys whose voices are heard in collective bargaining

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

It's really easy to look at the the prominent players in this league and perceive it as the norm. Guys who play 10-20 years are BY FAR the exception. The average career is less than 3 years. And guys making say three million per and up are also the exception. The bulk of an NFL roster are young guys barely making league minimum. Those are the guys whose voices are heard in collective bargaining

I can understand why an owner wouldn't want to pass out a long term contract after their rookie contracts for certain positions. Especially RBs who's career averages are shorter than most other positions.  We might see a change in who pays the insurance policies for career ending injuries though?

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I can understand why an owner wouldn't want to pass out a long term contract after their rookie contracts for certain positions. Especially RBs who's career averages are shorter than most other positions.  We might see a change in who pays the insurance policies for career ending injuries though?

Yeah I'd be more likely to believe they'll get health insurance for life. I'd like to believe even tightwad owners know deep down it's the right thing to do

Gripes about the franchise tag strike me as excessively wealthy people throwing a temper tantrum over a million here and there out of millions & millions

I do realize however, I have know idea what it's like to be in their shoes. So if they want to hold out, that's their business. I just have a hard time feeling any sympathy 

3 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Love all the old people on here who think we are too good for players with attitude. Its been a while since we’ve had an earl Thomas or Le’Veon bell type player on our team, and we won’t win another Super Bowl until we do.

The team being good or bad don't have anything to do with it.

Players celebrating every play they make IMO is pure stupid. They are paid to make those plays.

Nothing looks as stupid as a player or group of players celebrating a score when the team is down. The time for celebrating is when the game is over and you won.

I love what Landry said, no celebrating a TD, act like you been there before.

We don't need me me players to win a super bowl.