Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think we should be glad with these performances...

bap1331

its the Colts first year and they are the youngest team. The fact that they have been able to keep up and what they have accomplished is amazing. Just imagine if we give it time, what they will do next season once the weaknesses and gaps are filled.

Sure our expectations were alot less than this but now we are setting the bar too high for such a young team. They have alot to learn and they are learning from their mistakes. I dont blame Luck either because he did some pretty good throws to the endzone today that Ebron and Chester should have caught.

Some needs that I see:

RB

Tackles

Guards

Wide Receivers

Let's not forget that Eagles fans were wanting to see Doug Pederson get fired after his first 2 game performances of their Super Bowl winning season. LOL!

GIVE IT TIME.

• Like 2

Jokes aside, I have seen some good things so far with our Colts this season. I never expected to see the Colts make the playoffs or anything this season. However, the future looks encouraging, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Another draft or two and maybe dabble in some FA thinks should be much better. 

• Like 1

2 early round draft classes have produced results. As I've stated before, and ridiculed for, this team still needs a top 10 pick and influx of early picks each round of talent next April before they will be serious contenders. I hate losing but 8-8 records breed 8-8 talent and records. And in today's NFL that's what we'll have. This core group being built, from inside out, are fighters and have grit. Just not enough play makers yet to be elite. Its coming tho.. 

3 hours ago, bap1331 said:

its the Colts first year and they are the youngest team. The fact that they have been able to keep up and what they have accomplished is amazing. Just imagine if we give it time, what they will do next season once the weaknesses and gaps are filled.

Sure our expectations were alot less than this but now we are setting the bar too high for such a young team. They have alot to learn and they are learning from their mistakes. I dont blame Luck either because he did some pretty good throws to the endzone today that Ebron and Chester should have caught.

Some needs that I see:

RB

Tackles

Guards

Wide Receivers

Let's not forget that Eagles fans were wanting to see Doug Pederson get fired after his first 2 game performances of their Super Bowl winning season. LOL!

GIVE IT TIME.

Guards??

2 hours ago, Tombstone said:

I agree totally, time to work on the offensive side of the ball.  

Next week should be a good test for offensive capabilities as Houston's defense isn't really good from a points allowed and rush perspective through the first three games.  Hopefully Doyle and Mack will be back and we don't suffer any losses throughout the week.  Here's to hoping the Colts can put up 27-30+ points on them and get back to .500.  :cheers:

29 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

So we should be happy and try to look at the positives when we continue to squander leads? Lose winnable games? Faace the same issues on offense? Commit too many penalties? Because we are young and rebuilding?

Read these sentences from the end to the start. That would make me happy.
 YOU can feel however in the ___ you choose.

Seriously though! If we get Castanzo back any time soon, and Luck starts getting into his old form, we should be able to score more. The offenses play calling was horrendous, but against a front 7 like the Eagles, it is hard. I don’t get throwing to TY in the red zone on a fade route when you have Ebron, a much bigger target. 

Either way, Luck does need to play better. His reads are bad sometimes, as he forced the ball in the red zone. There’s a lot of problems on offense, and they just add up to a big mess. Luck needs targets, he needs to knock off rust, o line needs to play better, etc.