Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts expected to sign T Will Holden

Mjølner

Will Holden is expected to sign with the Colts soon. Holden was a 2017th 5th round pick by the Arizona Cardinals out of Vanderbilt, but was cut back on the 2nd of September. He started 5 games for the Cardinals last year, and played in 7 total. Pre-draft he was projected to be 3rd to 4th round draft pick but fell a bit more than expected.

SBNation wrote over the summer that "Cardinals’ 2017 fifth-round pick Will Holden made five starts last season, struggling in the beginning before making big strides in the season finale."

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2018/6/24/17499072/arizona-cardinals-offensive-line-outlook-for-2018

Funnily enough, Holden was cut to make space for Cardinals to claim Vujnovich after we cut him.

• Like 2

You know, all skepticism aside: I don't mind this signing at all...

It was an obvious need with Webb down and Good STILL not available (a big pet peeve of mine!); and the attempt to find a tackle with some potential upside is praise-worthy!

So let's just see how this player pans out. Wouldn't it be something if, once again, we found the offensive equivalent of a Sheard or Hunt with this acquisition: a journeyman, serviceable OL!

2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Wasn't that Tarik Glenn?  Don't recall Diem getting penalties more often than usual, but Glenn definitely got 1 a game as a baseline lol

I remember Diem having a knack for false starts at those crucial times in games over the years. Not game changers, but I remember a time or two he made a 3rd and 1 a 3rd and 6.

I remember using 'cmon Diem' at times in the past.. Haha

But yes I definitely remember Glenn, it was funny when he'd do it in a pin quiet RCA Dome. 'Cmom Tarik'.. Lol

Ugggh, what we wouldn't give for those two back...

• Like 1