Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Falcons @ Eagles (9-6-18)

ColtsBlueFL

Falcons had 15 penalties and the game was not over. The NFC is very tight in terms of who's the best.  Atl. better get it together ASAP if they hope to make the playoffs. As to the Philly fans booing your Super Bowl champs halfway through their first game, class act.

9 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Falcons had 15 penalties and the game was not over. The NFC is very tight in terms of who's the best.  Atl. better get it together ASAP if they hope to make the playoffs. As to the Philly fans booing your Super Bowl champs halfway through their first game, class act.

Philly fans would boo Rocky Balboa after beating Clubber Lang if they had a chance :funny:

59 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Does anybody here love or hate the Eagles or Falcons?

I just found it a game I had no interest in one way or another...

Nope, I just watched it because it's the start of the football season.  I missed most of the first half because of my own football practice and it appears I didn't miss much.  But the 2nd half provided some good football.

But already in the first game the refs are showing they are not going to be subtle about trying to affect the outcome.  But there appears to be some dissension between New York and the game officials on who they wanted to win.  That Julio Jones 52 yard non catch was most definitely a catch and the illegal contact that gave the Falcons another shot at the endzone was not an illegal contact penalty.  The TE ran right at the LB and ran into him and according to the the rule a player is allowed to occupy his space.  I know that sounds funny but a defender does not have to move to make room for the offensive player.  There is some grey area because the LB did start dropping back but he did not run at or change the path of the offensive player.

That was an exciting opening game in a weird way. So much poor play (Coach Dungy said defenses are typically ahead of offenses early in the season) on offense. Matt Ryan was really poor, his arm looked really weak, like he's hurt or something.

That Eagles front four is amazing. Atlanta has a good team but they need to fix their red zone issues.

I really enjoyed watching Fletcher Cox and Ronald Darby last night. Also Julio Jones is amazing.

7 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

That was an exciting opening game in a weird way. So much poor play (Coach Dungy said defenses are typically ahead of offenses early in the season) on offense. Matt Ryan was really poor, his arm looked really weak, like he's hurt or something.

That Eagles front four is amazing. Atlanta has a good team but they need to fix their red zone issues.

I really enjoyed watching Fletcher Cox and Ronald Darby last night. Also Julio Jones is amazing.

I shut it down in the second quarter and then watched most of the forth. It was a pretty poorly played game. Dungy is right..especially defenses don't have to worry about timing etc. They go out and play hard and with everyone healthy can swarm the ball.

Matt Ryan throws too much off his back foot and off balance. He needs to step into his throws and quit trying to back pedal and buy time. Tom Brady buys time but always ends up coming towards his receivers and gets his body behind his throws. That said Tom can usually step up in the pocket where Ryan didn't have that advantage it seemed. I don't think he ever had a huge cannon. More like Peyton in that regard....but he looked off balance all game. Credit Philly D-line for that.

15 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Apparently, the ratings were off from last season, making it like the 4th straight decline in ratings for season openers.

They still had the biggest ratings for the night by a long way.   Plus a 45 minute weather delay hurt ratings

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They still had the biggest ratings for the night by a long way.   Plus a 45 minute weather delay hurt ratings

Yeah, I don't know how that works.  I think they are concerned about "share" and not just what's most popular that night, since dividing up the TV watching market into 85 different channels cuts into the overall share of each one.

Wondering how this trend will impact the next TV contract.  Salary cap might actually go down at some point.

15 hours ago, King Colt said:

There were 28 penalties accepted16 was the average last year. And, there were NO targeting or helmet to helmet flags.  Going to be a long season.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

There were 28 penalties accepted16 was the average last year. And, there were NO targeting or helmet to helmet flags.  Going to be a long season.

it felt like a lot of them were on kick returns

i dont get why so many guys run out of bounds on special teams when they know its a penalty