Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat McAffee Story in IndyStar

Steamboat_Shaun

9 minutes ago, IinD said:

I do remember that Reggie story and that was definitely a bad look for Grigson. He didn't talk to Reggie for months after he took the job. You aren't going to make friends in the organization by ignoring a top 10 player in franchise history.

Pat is definitely a wise butt I'd bet, simply because you have to be to be a comedian. I can't hate on him for how he retired. He was great until he cashed his last check. Earned every penny (football wise).

I can empathize with him though on one thing, I once quit a job because I couldn't stand my boss. Never before or since, but I left a solid job because I cringed every time I had to speak to my boss.

Yep, you can have one of the greatest jobs in the world (make great money) but if your Boss is a jerk, it makes your life miserable.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Superman said:

This story doesn't make Pat look any better than Grigson. I've always defended Pat against the people who say he was a bit much, but the attitude he's displaying here supports that argument. 

Grigson was obviously a jerk, based on this and other stories, so this isn't a pretty Grigson statement in any way. 

I don’t disagree, but I found this story entertaining nevertheless.

39 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

JMO

The story was not needed

It makes Pat look “childish”

I won't defend Pat anymore after this, because he can defend himself. However, this story was needed. People have been pressing him why he quit football for a while now. Now they are pressing him on why he's leaving barstool sports... He gave them the true answer to both, and it's that he's tired of working for people that apparently don't appreciate him. 

I dont blame him. People can blame the millennial generation for being entitled, unloyal, whatever. Kudos to a great deal of them for not taking years of nonsense like many of the generations before them that were too scared to leave a company they needed to leave behind. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I won't defend Pat anymore after this, because he can defend himself. However, this story was needed. People have been pressing him why he quit football for a while now. Now they are pressing him on why he's leaving barstool sports... He gave them the true answer to both, and it's that he's tired of working for people that apparently don't appreciate him. 

I dont blame him. People can blame the millennial generation for being entitled, unloyal, whatever. Kudos to a great deal of them for not taking years of nonsense like many of the generations before them that were too scared to leave a company they needed to leave behind. 

For me it is not the story it is the timing of the retelling that might be problematic 

I like Pat but this article does make him come across as petty and arrogant.  He’s got a point but the “I’m done making money for these guys or this organization” just makes him seem just as egotistical as Grigson was/is...  I’m a Colts fan before a Patty Mac fan...  When his anger turned from Grigson to the Colts organization he lost me...  

I don’t know all the details. Don’t know if Irsay or one of his daughters let Grigson run rampant but I’m not with former players trashing the Home Team unless they were egregiously wronged.  Trash Grigson. Trash Barstool. But back off my Colts Pat...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

I like Pat but this article does make him come across as petty and arrogant.  He’s got a point but the “I’m done making money for these guys or this organization” just makes him seem just as egotistical as Grigson was/is...  I’m a Colts fan before a Patty Mac fan...  When his anger turned from Grigson to the Colts organization he lost me...  

I don’t know all the details. Don’t know if Irsay or one of his daughters let Grigson run rampant but I’m not with former players trashing the Home Team unless they were egregiously wronged.  Trash Grigson. Trash Barstool. But back off my Colts Pat...

His comment regarding "I'm done making money for these guys" is because he had the #2 selling jersey as a Colt when he played. He actually stated nothing that was false.

9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

For me it is not the story it is the timing of the retelling that might be problematic 

Believe it or not this happens alot at most work places = retelling of a story about a bad boss. I have been asked by different people over the years about the different bosses I have had at my work place. I have had a couple I couldn't stand but most have been fair. I had a boss about a year ago that nearly made me quit but luckily he transferred and my new boss is now great. Guess what though the boss that was a jerk is something I will never forget. When asked about my previous bosses by family/friends and Co-workers, I bring him up to people and tell them my story. It may be old news to some people but not to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It tarnishes the Organization 

I cringe will someone sheds a bad light on things I love

How's it tarnish the organization? He didn't lie and he was loyal to the organization and a Great Football player. I am just not agreeing much with what you are saying so I will drop it and move on.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

His comment regarding "I'm done making money for these guys" is because he had the #2 selling jersey as a Colt when he played. He actually stated nothing that was false.

Like I said, I like McAfee. My nephew went to Northwest and was offensive player of the city (Indy) 2 years ago.  Had to get that plug in...  :cheer2:  What he did, getting them uniforms was commendable.  He will always have my admiration and respect for that.  I just didn’t like the way the quote read.  Sounded like he was badmouthing the franchise.  

But the fact his jersey was the 2nd best selling is truly an indictment of our fandom or lack of playmakers or something? No other organization has a punter as the 2nd best selling jersey. Despite how cool and charitable Pat was, he’s still the punter.  TY should be 2nd.  AC.  Wow. Come to think of it, there weren’t many players building much of a great Colts legacy besides Luck, TY, Vinny, Pat & maybe AC...  Wow.  Our talent truly was atrocious. :facepalm:

Like I said, I like McAfee. My nephew went to Northwest and was offensive player of the city (Indy) 2 years ago.  Had to get that plug in...  :cheer2:  What he did, getting them uniforms was commendable.  He will always have my admiration and respect for that.  I just didn’t like the way the quote read.  Sounded like he was badmouthing the franchise.  

But the fact his jersey was the 2nd best selling is truly an indictment of our fandom or lack of playmakers or something? No other organization has a punter as the 2nd best selling jersey. Despite how cool and charitable Pat was, he’s still the punter.  TY should be 2nd.  AC.  Wow. Come to think of it, there weren’t many players building much of a great Colts legacy besides Luck, TY, Vinny, Pat & maybe AC...  Wow.  Our talent truly was atrocious. :facepalm:

That is fair, I would've thought TY would've been 2nd too. I think Pat's animosity was toward Grigson though more than anything. Not our fans or our organization as a whole. People loved Pat in Indy because of his charity work and he was basically the best Punter in the league.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Believe it or not this happens alot at most work places = retelling of a story about a bad boss. I have been asked by different people over the years about the different bosses I have had at my work place. I have had a couple I couldn't stand but most have been fair. I had a boss about a year ago that nearly made me quit but luckily he transferred and my new boss is now great. Guess what though the boss that was a jerk is something I will never forget. When asked about my previous bosses by family/friends and Co-workers, I bring him up to people and tell them my story. It may be old news to some people but not to me. 

Do you think I don’t know how the Working World works that is one reason I have worked for the same person since HS

There is a difference between telling the people close to you about your boss and telling the world about an event years after it happened 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is fair, I would've thought TY would've been 2nd too. I think Pat's animosity was toward Grigson though more than anything. Not our fans or our organization as a whole. People loved Pat in Indy because of his charity work and he was basically the best Punter in the league.

Believe you me, I’m 100% with Pat on his animosity towards Grigson.  And I’m sure he probably felt Irsay didn’t protect him.  I wonder if his early transgression kinda made him a marked man in everyone’s eyes and maybe he felt that was held against him?  

He certainly did his job and did a heckuva lot for the community.  Our organization faces a lot of hate and bias already. Just don’t need any more.  Hell, I’ll drive Pat to TP Grigson’s house if he wanted to.  But I gotta stand by the Shoe in public.  Then again, I’m not Pat and didn’t have to deal with Grigson’s tyranny. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How's it tarnish the organization? He didn't lie and he was loyal to the organization and a Great Football player. I am just not agreeing much with what you are saying so I will drop it and move on.

The story will not but the timing might Media Type and Gleaner Newspaper will run with and question and/or Condemn  the Colts Organization 

Being a Great Athlete does not make someone a great person

• Like 1

Believe you me, I’m 100% with Pat on his animosity towards Grigson.  And I’m sure he probably felt Irsay didn’t protect him.  I wonder if his early transgression kinda made him a marked man in everyone’s eyes and maybe he felt that was held against him?  

He certainly did his job and did a heckuva lot for the community.  Our organization faces a lot of hate and bias already. Just don’t need any more.  Hell, I’ll drive Pat to TP Grigson’s house if he wanted to.  But I gotta stand by the Shoe in public.  Then again, I’m not Pat and didn’t have to deal with Grigson’s tyranny. 

Agreed

While I might rage about Princeton and/or Princeton Community in private(with my family/friends) but when someone outside of my inner circle asks or are in public I never say anything negative 

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The story will not but the timing might Media Type and Gleaner Newspaper will run with and question and/or Condemn  the Colts Organization 

Being a Great Athlete does not make someone a great person

"Being a Great Athlete does not make someone a great person". I agree with you 100% here. Pat has done alot of charity work for the city though so that does make him a great person in that aspect and he didn't make near the money alot of other players made. Other than getting drunk and jumping in the canal once he never got in trouble with the law either. He has really shown me nothing to make me believe he is a bad person.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"Being a Great Athlete does not make someone a great person". I agree with you 100% here. Pat has done alot of charity work for the city though so that does make him a great person in that aspect and he didn't make near the money alot of other players made. Other than getting drunk and jumping in the canal once he never got in trouble with the law either. He has really shown me nothing to make me believe he is a bad person.

People outside of Indiana and Colts Nation (will) know him for the swim, his antics, comedy, and this

Frankly, I don't see anything wrong with how Pat say's the story went.  He got tired of Grigson's Toilet material.

He was top 2 punter in the league.  He knew it, they knew it..everyone knew it.  He had a personality, but never really went overboard.  Jut tried to fire his team and the fans up.  

He did mess up early on.  He admits to it, and he paid the price. seems to me he tried to be a better role model from that point on.  And frankly,...The story told, I think he still was a good role model in that.  In life, you work your butt off, be good to your friends and family, and put a smile on peoples faces around you.  However, you cannot let someone constantly put you down, and step on you in life.  That is the lesson from this i take out of it.  It is a shame Grigson tore down Pats love of the game, and made him hate his job.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ding ding ding we have a winner!! someone who understands what pat was saying!! he wasnt bashing the colts he was telling grigson off he still to this day loves the colts he freaking decided to live in this state because of the colts lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Ding ding ding we have a winner!! someone who understands what pat was saying!! he wasnt bashing the colts he was telling grigson off he still to this day loves the colts he freaking decided to live in this state because of the colts lol

Well yeah he loves the Colts,...He constantly tweeting thing about them.

I can just picture a drunk as heck Pat on the couch,..a beer in his hand and 6 more scattered on the coffee table/floor.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Well yeah he loves the Colts,...He constantly tweeting thing about them.

I can just picture a drunk as heck Pat on the couch,..a beer in his hand and 6 more scattered on the coffee table/floor.

Lol yep he wasnt bashing the franchise in any way he loves this state and the colts so much lol idk why any one would think he was trying to bash the team honestly 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It tarnishes the Organization 

I cringe will someone sheds a bad light on things I love

I don’t like it when someone shins a bad light on something I love either but if it’s true I don’t blame the person for exposing the truth.  That’s just shooting the messenger because you don’t like the message.  

With that said Pats ego does show through in this story.  I agree with those that say it makes neither of them look good.

Still I get why it’s out there it was public interest story that people wanted to know.  

• Like 2

Look, I'm gonna keep it 100 right here. Pat is a remarkable special teams player & punter. I have no love for Grigson. The guy was self centered, ego driven, & I'm glad he's no longer our GM. McAfee was treated unfairly for what he meant to our organization & because of that, I'm cool with giving him more freedom to express himself & give him breaks only elite players typically receive in the league.

My issue with Pat is how he treated Chuck Pagano. You can't just drop F bombs against your HC or assume that both he & the GM are conspiring against a HOF kicker to take money away from you or make your life miserable. I get that when we're angry or even furious at a high profile employee that it may feel like the world is out to crucify you. You can't just throw profanity around to every person in the building like equipment guys or Irsay family members within earshot. This is a place of business professional business. Locker room fine, but not in the main offices though.

Pat is a darn nice guy who has done a ton of charity work for Indianapolis. Major props for that. One last question for Pat though: How much traction can you get out of Grigson bashing though? Okay, these 2 men dislike each other. Dare I say even despise one another. Got it. Turn the page please. You made the decision to pursue another line of work. I wish you nothing but success with your podcast & future comedy gigs. What's done is done. Let it go.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t like it when someone shins a bad light on something I love either but if it’s true I don’t blame the person for exposing the truth.  That’s just shooting the messenger because you don’t like the message.  

With that said Pats ego does show through in this story.  I agree with those that say it makes neither of them look good.

Still I get why it’s out there it was public interest story that people wanted to know.  

I was not attacking PM at all, I always question a story when told so late and wonder its validity and/or reason for being told

That is why is why I said that it could make him look “childish”

Not the story telling itself but the timing there of

4 hours ago, SilentHill said:

I hate to tell you this, but that way of thinking is old fashioned. McAfee is just ahead of the curve. This is how Millenials operate in the workplace, if you're in a field where you might have to work with them, brace yourself.

Nah, that's not it. This isn't a millennial thing, it's an entitlement thing. Not all millennials act entitled, despite the popular narrative. They are perfectly capable of being professional in the workplace, and I know that firsthand.

It's also not old fashioned to expect and require professionalism in the workplace. Storming into a supervisor's office and cussing them out because of a bad exchange with someone else is not acceptable in any context. Doesn't matter what generation they belong to. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Also, the whole 'I don't want to make money for them anymore' angle is pretty laughable. Even if Pat was bringing in a significant amount of money for the Colts -- and I'm pretty sure he wasn't -- that would be the definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face, which is petty and immature. 

Again, not a defense of Grigson. Sounds like he deserved to be told off, cussed out, etc. 

• Like 1

I find this thread fascinating.      Who supports Pat.    Who doesn't.     Who is somewhere in-between.      Some people here really surprised me, both good and bad.

Personally,  I'm not surprised at Pat.    I'm horrified with Grigson.    I don't understand why people think Pat looks bad.    He doesn't to me.    The only questionable thing he did was burst into Pagano's office and ask him if he was a part of the problem?     He should've given his HC the benefit of the doubt and asked him if he knew what went down.    But I chalked that up to just out furious and outraged Pat was that he could barely see or think straight. 

Football is NOT a business in the traditional sense of the word.   Yes, it's a mult-billion dollar industry,  but it's also entertainment.     And in the entertainmet world they have a name for confrontatoins like that --- Tuesday.    In other words,  just another day.    In the worlds of sports, and acting and music and yes,  even news,   things like this happen all the damn time.

People judging this and saying Pat was unprofessional are measuring this against their normal world.    A basic 9-5 job where you say "yes sir, or yes ma'am" to your boss.     You don't bite the hand that feeds you.    Well, you do in other worlds.

In the world I'm talking about the creative,  entertainment side (also known as "talent") are people who draw and paint outside the lines.    The people who run the place (also known as "The Suits")  are people who draw and paint inside the lines.    Those two worlds don't co-exist very well.  They don't like each other very well.   But they need each other.    They can't succeed without each other,  but they don't much like or often respect each other.

Doesn’t anyone remember all the times that Indiana’s favorite son David Ketterman would try to make fun if management and they’d respond with security stopping Letterman from whatever he was doing.   It’s a weird love-hate relationship between talent and management.

Grigson's behavior was completely unprofessional.   Arrogant * doesn't begin to cover it.   He was trying to make Pat either grovel for his check, or apologize,  or embarrass him.   And it came after the Colts laid a big fat egg.    I'm not the least bit surprised that Pat pushed back on RG and told him what he thought.    This happens far more than we know.

If memory serves me,  Pat's last contract,  5 years, 14.5 million, 2.9 Mill per,  made him one of the highest paid punters in football.    I don't think Grigson liked doing that.   I believe the negotiations did not go well and the deal only got done because I think Irsay finally stepped in and told Grigson to get it done and sign the guy to a proper market level contract.    I'm sure that stuck with RG.    And he seemed to go out of his way to give McAfee the business.    I'm glad Pat blasted him.

Finally,  I don't think Pat is telling this story to nail Grigson.  (Just an added bonus!)   I think he's telling it because he had problems with management in his football career.    And now he's having problems with management in his radio career.    History is repeating itself for Pat and not in a good way.    The larger issue for Pat here is dealing with management and not dealing specifically with Grigson.     And his generation likes to share their lives on social media.   I'm often surprised by what younger people are willing to share on the internet.    But whether we like it or agree with it,  that's what this generation does.    I hope Pat finds happiness somewhere else.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@southwest1

Here is a couple of other examples

A Coach might be very critical about a player with his staff but shouldn’t at a presser 

A teacher might talk about a “difficult” student with their inner circle but shouldn’t Friday Night at the BallGame

Excellent examples @PrincetonTiger...

I will confess to you that sometimes, my temper gets the better of me in certain situations & I've worked on making sure I express my displeasure in the appropriate venue time & place behind closed doors. That's not as easy as it sounds. I've made mistakes & done things I regret in hindsight, but I did learn from it & am more self aware than I used to be.

Again, I appreciate your examples because as teachers, coaches, mentors, & pillars of the communities we reside in...It's about life lessons & what gets imparted on the next generation.

It's clear to me your a good teacher PT & your students, faculty, & community are extremely lucky to have you in their Hoosier State midst my friend.

27 minutes ago, Superman said:

Also, the whole 'I don't want to make money for them anymore' angle is pretty laughable. Even if Pat was bringing in a significant amount of money for the Colts -- and I'm pretty sure he wasn't -- that would be the definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face, which is petty and immature. 

Again, not a defense of Grigson. Sounds like he deserved to be told off, cussed out, etc. 

Come on now....      You're being WAY too literal over this "I don't want to make them money" line.

Basically, was Pat an asset to the team?    Did he help win games for the Colts?   

Then he helped the Colts make money.    It's nothing more than that.    

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I find this thread fascinating.      Who supports Pat.    Who doesn't.     Who is somewhere in-between.      Some people here really surprised me, both good and bad.

Personally,  I'm not surprised at Pat.    I'm horrified with Grigson.    I don't understand why people think Pat looks bad.    He doesn't to me.    The only questionable thing he did was burst into Pagano's office and ask him if he was a part of the problem?     He should've given his HC the benefit of the doubt and asked him if he knew what went down.    But I chalked that up to just out furious and outraged Pat was that he could barely see or think straight. 

Football is NOT a business in the traditional sense of the word.   Yes, it's a mult-billion dollar industry,  but it's also entertainment.     And in the entertainmet world they have a name for confrontatoins like that --- Tuesday.    In other words,  just another day.    In the worlds of sports, and acting and music and yes,  even news,   things like this happen all the damn time.

People judging this and saying Pat was unprofessional are measuring this against their normal world.    A basic 9-5 job where you say "yes sir, or yes ma'am" to your boss.     You don't bite the hand that feeds you.    Well, you do in other worlds.

In the world I'm talking about the creative,  entertainment side (also known as "talent") are people who draw and paint outside the lines.    The people who run the place (also known as "The Suits")  are people who draw and paint inside the lines.    Those two worlds don't co-exist very well.  They don't like each other very well.   But they need each other.    They can't succeed without each other,  but they don't much like or often respect each other.

Grigson's behavior was completely unprofessional.   Arrogant * doesn't begin to cover it.   He was trying to make Pat either grovel for his check, or apologize,  or embarrass him.   And it came after the Colts laid a big fat egg.    I'm not the least bit surprised that Pat pushed back on RG and told him what he thought.    This happens far more than we know.

If memory serves me,  Pat's last contract,  5 years, 14.5 million, 2.9 Mill per,  made him one of the highest paid punters in football.    I don't think Grigson liked doing that.   I believe the negotiations did not go well and the deal only got done because I think Irsay finally stepped in and told Grigson to get it done and sign the guy to a proper market level contract.    I'm sure that stuck with RG.    And he seemed to go out of his way to give McAfee the business.    I'm glad Pat blasted him.

Finally,  I don't think Pat is telling this story to nail Grigson.  (Just an added bonus!)   I think he's telling it because he had problems with management in his football career.    And now he's having problems with management in his radio career.    History is repeating itself for Pat and not in a good way.    The larger issue for Pat here is dealing with management and not dealing specifically with Grigson.     And his generation likes to share their lives on social media.   I'm often surprised by what younger people are willing to share on the internet.    But whether we like it or agree with it,  that's what this generation does.    I hope Pat finds happiness somewhere else.

Superb post @NewColtsFan,

"Football is NOT a business in the traditional sense of the word.   Yes, it's a mult-billion dollar industry,  but it's also entertainment...In the worlds of sports, and acting and music and yes,  even news,   things like this happen all the damn time."

Very true, with tremendous egos, volcanoes are known to erupt every now & then. Like I told PT earlier though,  Pat can't blindly assume Pags & Grigs are joined at the hip in day to day dealings with premier players. In other words, . you can't assume the right hand always knows what the left hand is doing. You see the blind leading the blind in the halls of academia a lot. You'd be amazed at people in close proximity to one another who should talk regularly to each other & yet don't. Or they more or less do their own thing. It's mind-blowing actually. 

It is amazing to hear how important Grigson thought he really was. Throwing his weight around like a classic bully. Why did Ryan go after one of the best players we've ever had on our roster who was always dependable & always clutch? I'd love to hear Adam V.'s take on these McAfee revelations. I'm sure Pat opened up to Adam about Grigson at some point. Automatic Adam would keep it classy & be completely professional I know.

"I think he's telling it because he had problems with management in his football career.    And now he's having problems with management in his radio career.    History is repeating itself for Pat and not in a good way. " 

You might be onto something here NCF. Companies pay close attention to how you parted ways with your last employer & where you left things. What was said or not said & your tone upon departure. If you slam your former boss, is this what your new head honcho can expect if things fizzle out & reach a rocky road? Companies don't want a bad breakup completely in the open with a war of words being slug back & forth.

You really shouldn't say stuff over the air like so & so didn't pay me what I thought I was worth. Bleep em. If you are established like Howard Stern, you can get away with that, but not when you're trying to make a name for yourself in a whole new medium you're still learning & trying to master Pat.

Yeah, I'm so glad I didn't come of age in the era of social media too. I get the value in Twitter & connecting people with identical interests & all. I just worry about the need for instant gratification, validation, & self promotion. I don't give a crap about an endless supply of selfies or being liked by millions of people I will never meet face to face in person. I like people who get my twisted sense of humor, want the Colts to win another ring, enjoy quality cinema & high caliber rock n roll/metal & that's about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One last thing:

Part of me gets that Pat was dropping curse words a lot in an attempt to sound provocative & edgy, but it reminds me of something comedian Eddie Murphy said when he filmed his stage routine "Raw."

Remember, this was filmed well before we learned about how Bill Cosby violated women against their will with pills. He was still a beloved father figure on "The Cosby Show" & well liked at this juncture.

Basically, Eddie does this bit in his act where he gets mad that Cosby yelled at him over the phone for dropping too many F bombs & warping the mind of his oldest son. Eddie goes on this clever tirade back to Bill about how he's a smart comic who can't just spew out profanity like a machine gun & be worth millions. He puts in the timing & hard work honing his craft delivering the joke & setting up the punchline for the best reaction in the audience. Bill failed to grasp that crucial fact. 

Here's my point: Pat's got work on his craft & fine tune both his material & his delivery which isn't fresh anymore, but tired & old. Bleep this. Bleep that by itself just isn't funny. Find something else to talk about other than Grigson Mr. McAfee. I'm not trying to hurt you. I'm trying to help you. No, I'm no comedy expert I know that. You have name recognition because of your incredible NFL athleticism, but that alone won't sustain a long comedy career. 

Right now, you remind me of Bill Cosby's false characterization of Eddie Murphy. Curse words alone won't carry you longterm. You have to highlight interesting observations that play as universal truths. Your delivery is fine. You just need new material to poke fun at.

Look I like Patty Mac as good as any ex Colt player and thought he brought his A game whenever he stepped on the field. He was a great football player and not just a punter.

With that said why is he stuck on this Grigson thing?  He has been telling this same story for over two years now.

Matter of fact exactly why did he retire?  First he said it was his knees and then done a 100% turnaround and said it was Grigson.  I just think Grigson gets the most laughs so he runs with it.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Doesn’t anyone remember all the times that Indiana’s favorite son David Ketterman would try to make fun if management and they’d respond with security stopping Letterman from whatever he was doing.   It’s a weird love-hate relationship between talent and management.

Best Post of the Thread!

• Thanks 1

I actually love Pats cockiness. He is a writer / comedian / radio host, of course he is cocky. I think that's why Bartol hired him.

Regarding this story, I don't think it's hurting him. I never saw him using twitter/social media to lowball anyone, until he was under contract here in Indy. The only person he ever called out was Grigson ... after they both were gone from Indy. And I never saw him lowballing anyone at Bartol. He quit his job. It's the 21th century, it's social media age. If a radio host quits his job, he will tell about it. If Colin Cowherd will quit his current job, he will tell about it. You will know (more or less) why. Positive or negative.

• Like 1