Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Waiver Claims Thread

TKnight24

28 minutes ago, CR91 said:

For all we know, we'll put him the practice. I rather see what we have in Basham and Turay before we label them busts. 

No one’s labeling Basham or Turay a bust. Given the same opportunity, Delaire performed better.

I don’t think Colts fans understand what it is like to go through growing pains. How many remember the early Peyton years. Let the young guys play and make mistakes and learn and grow. We went from over a decade of winning with Peyton and with a lot of established players and a mature roster and then Luck came in and we had early success and then Grigson instead of building through the draft (good thing he didn’t because he was awful drafting) and brought in vets that fit Chuck. Well Ballard is making the painful decision to strip it down and play young guys. Let them grow and learn and develop. Not just at one or two positions but across the board. We just have to have the patience to let this team be painfully bad at times and suffer young mistakes...but in the long run trust his vision that this team can grow into a dominant force that will last a decade or more and not just contend for a year or two but have to rebuild because players get old fast or we can’t afford to keep it together. But patience is in short supply in this day and age. Too much entitlement and on demand culture going around.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, krunk said:

I was just watching part of that Cincy preseason game. Man Turay has some serious get off! Muhammad reminds me of Turay in some aspects as well. Going to give this a chance.

The only question about Turay is his health. It was a shoulder that held him back at Rutgers. If he can stay healthy we have something. I don't know much about Mohammed and have not had time to look. Everything I hear sounds encouraging. 

Do you think we bring Delaire back when Lewis hits the IR? Maybe we look for a bigger body. I was hoping we'd bring in a RB. I'm not a fan of Michael but I may have to be for 4 weeks.

A little surprised we haven't done anything at WR but that'd probably be at Pascal's expense. I like that kid want to see him get a shot. I knew it'd be tough to find OL help.

I'm not surprised we are giving the LB's and CB's a chance. I thought CB liked what we have there. I was concerned about Milton when I saw we added a DB. He's another one I think I like more then most. I think we'd miss him on ST's. We needed the help at S with the injuries our starters are coming back from. We could still see some changes but this team is almost all Ballard's guys now. It's amazing how bare the cupboard was left. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, at this point IMO it’s extremely obvious Ballard isn’t worried about winning this year, if it wasn’t already. He wants super young guys with potential for the most part.

Not that guys like Simon or Delaire make us contenders, but they played well enough to earn spots. 

But like you said, it's not about this year. Next year would make more sense to get more aggressive in free agency. Getting younger is a good thing. 

4 hours ago, akcolt said:

The only question about Turay is his health. It was a shoulder that held him back at Rutgers. If he can stay healthy we have something. I don't know much about Mohammed and have not had time to look. Everything I hear sounds encouraging. 

Do you think we bring Delaire back when Lewis hits the IR? Maybe we look for a bigger body. I was hoping we'd bring in a RB. I'm not a fan of Michael but I may have to be for 4 weeks.

A little surprised we haven't done anything at WR but that'd probably be at Pascal's expense. I like that kid want to see him get a shot. I knew it'd be tough to find OL help.

I'm not surprised we are giving the LB's and CB's a chance. I thought CB liked what we have there. I was concerned about Milton when I saw we added a DB. He's another one I think I like more then most. I think we'd miss him on ST's. We needed the help at S with the injuries our starters are coming back from. We could still see some changes but this team is almost all Ballard's guys now. It's amazing how bare the cupboard was left. 

Yes I think if they can get Delaire on the PS they will. In addition to that I like the Carroll Phillips addition to the PS as well. I think he's got potential as well. As far as WR is concerned I think they addressed that by bringing in Marcus Johnson. He seems to have some ability to me and has been in Reich's offense before. Also like the additions of Fountain and Ishmael to the PS. I think I'm okay with a trio of Michael, Mack, and Wilkins. That's what it will be mostly with a little Hines sprinkled in. Michael's had some good runs this preseason.

I think Turay is legit. Now if we can get something from Muhammad to go with what Sheard has then I feel much better. I think Basham will eventually come around. He's got the get off. He just needs to learn how to blend and execute power and finesse much better in his approach to beat the tackle. Needs a great hand game like Bosa and Bradley Chubb. That's what you do when the bend isn't great.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

On a side note I'm wondering if they have plans on replacing Mathis Farley? This staff likes to be big on the back end. At least 6 ft or better. Right now we have 5 safeties.

That would surprise me more than the Simon cut. Ballard isn't rigid when it comes to his player profile look at K. Moore. Farley is the right age and is a home grown guy we watched grow up. He seems well thought of by Ballard and the coaches. The kid can play he had a good preseason. 

Muhammed looks as strong as he is quick it's easy to see why we grabbed him. The tape above was almost exclusively vs 4th quarter players but he showed multiple pass rush moves, good get off and a motor. I like it can't wait to see him vs Cinny. 

2 hours ago, akcolt said:

That would surprise me more than the Simon cut. Ballard isn't rigid when it comes to his player profile look at K. Moore. Farley is the right age and is a home grown guy we watched grow up. He seems well thought of by Ballard and the coaches. The kid can play he had a good preseason. 

Muhammed looks as strong as he is quick it's easy to see why we grabbed him. The tape above was almost exclusively vs 4th quarter players but he showed multiple pass rush moves, good get off and a motor. I like it can't wait to see him vs Cinny. 

I'm okay with Farley, but I have noticed Ballard and staff are sort of particular about size if the position requires size. Kenny Moore is a nickel back so there is presidence for 5'9" players at that spot. On the flip side I see every safety we have including the backups is 6 ft or better. Farley is the only one less than that. There is presidence for 5ft 11 at safety also, but it seems they have a preference for 6ft players on the back end that stands out. It's not a big deal to me but Ballard is conscious of this stuff.

4 hours ago, krunk said:

I think Turay is legit. Now if we can get something from Muhammad to go with what Sheard has then I feel much better. I think Basham will eventually come around. He's got the get off. He just needs to learn how to blend and execute power and finesse much better in his approach to beat the tackle. Needs a great hand game like Bosa and Bradley Chubb. That's what you do when the bend isn't great.

Agreed, this is big for the Colts and Robert Mathis' young coaching career. When you look at a prospect like Turay, he has got all the measurables and athleticism you want. Here is his athletic testing compared to Harold Landry who 'blew up' the combine:

Kemoko Turay (Pro day):

He ran a 4.65 40 at the nfl combine

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kemoko-turay ?id=32462018-0002-5599-9667-00031057c4e6

Harold Landry:

Their testing is so close. Turay actually ran a faster 3 cone drill which shows his incredible bend and a 100th of a second slower 40. Of course Landry is a much more refined player and further along in development, but Turay is a bigger and longer player. I'm really looking forward to see what he can do with some coaching.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm okay with Farley, but I have noticed Ballard and staff are sort of particular about size if the position requires size. Kenny Moore is a nickel back so there is presidence for 5'9" players at that spot. On the flip side I see every safety we have including the backups is 6 ft or better. Farley is the only one less than that. There is presidence for 5ft 11 at safety also, but it seems they have a preference for 6ft players on the back end that stands out. It's not a big deal to me but Ballard is conscious of this stuff.

Did you add 2" for playing at Notre Dame? Seriously I know Ballard has his profiles and likes his numbers more then most.  He has said other physical attributes are weighed in too. Milton runs in the 4.3's and he is not quite 5'11" Hairston is a sliver under 6'0. He measures at 5'117 about the same size as Farley. I know they are corners he's a Farley's a S. 

I have no doubt if it were between Farley and 6'1 player X for a roster spot and everything else was equal CB would take the bigger guy.  For that to happen player X has to come a long. Farley is pretty solid back there. He's certainly not irreplaceable or going to the pro bowl but he's solid depth. I don't see him being replaced off waivers I think he's safe. Did I mention he went to Notre Dame? 

34 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Did you add 2" for playing at Notre Dame? Seriously I know Ballard has his profiles and likes his numbers more then most.  He has said other physical attributes are weighed in too. Milton runs in the 4.3's and he is not quite 5'11" Hairston is a sliver under 6'0. He measures at 5'117 about the same size as Farley. I know they are corners he's a Farley's a S. 

I have no doubt if it were between Farley and 6'1 player X for a roster spot and everything else was equal CB would take the bigger guy.  For that to happen player X has to come a long. Farley is pretty solid back there. He's certainly not irreplaceable or going to the pro bowl but he's solid depth. I don't see him being replaced off waivers I think he's safe. Did I mention he went to Notre Dame? 

I like Farley. Just paying some attention to how Ballard moves. I most certainly could be wrong.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I don't think that 2" is a big deal if you have the speed, quickness and leaping ability. Bob Sanders was 5'8

Sanders played for a staff who didn't care about size. All they cared about was whether or not you could play. This staff and GM are a little different. But of course we know the hit man Sanders was a baller so you have to have some sensibility to what you prefer versus a guy bringing real value at a lesser size.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, krunk said:

Sanders played for a staff who didn't care about size. All they cared about was whether or not you could play. This staff and GM are a little different. But of course we know the hit man Sanders was a baller so you have to have some sensibility to what you prefer versus a guy bringing real value at a lesser size.

No one is going to mistake Farley for Sanders. I get where you are coming from and Ballard's always on the look out. I think it's unlikely we find that upgrade this year.  

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I fricken loved The Hitman! I wish his body would of helped up better but I can relate lol