Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Opinion: Simon will be back

love the shoe

I don't understand why there are some who are complaining about Simon getting cut. He does not fit what the coaches want in his position. He had 3 sacks last season and is that really what some are judging him on?  If you think he was on of the better players what does that say?

It's not like we are cutting JJ Watt or something.

I think all it is is something to complain about. If it wasn't this it would be something else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't understand why there are some who are complaining about Simon getting cut. He does not fit what the coaches want in his position. He had 3 sacks last season and is that really what some are judging him on?  If you think he was on of the better players what does that say?

It's not like we are cutting JJ Watt or something.

I think all it is is something to complain about. If it wasn't this it would be something else.

Yeah the love affair with John Simon is kind of a head scratcher. He’s an average, injury prone linebacker that was barely on the field for half of our games last year. His “production” won’t be difficult to replace.

I think as Colts fans we’re just so used to having terrible LBers that we tend to glorify the average play of a guy like Simon, & make him out to be the next coming of Lawrence Taylor or Brian Urlacher. He’s neither.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Did Simon, really carry our D last year?

Along with Hankins, sad as our defense was (is)..... he played as well as anyone we have currently.  And Hankins, we don't need a run stopper on this team, we have lots of them, so let's cut him too.

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Yeah the love affair with John Simon is kind of a head scratcher. He’s an average, injury prone linebacker that was barely on the field for half of our games last year. His “production” won’t be difficult to replace.

I think as Colts fans we’re just so used to having terrible LBers that we tend to glorify the average play of a guy like Simon, & make him out to be the next coming of Lawrence Taylor or Brian Urlacher. He’s neither.

You're on the right path. I dunno if we all are totally aware of this or not, but we overreact to ok/solid players, because of the later Chris Polian drafts and Grigson's constant stream of whiffs. This team has been getting by using lesser players than John Simon, despite his middle of the pack ability. Hence, John Simon looks pretty good by comparison.

23 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You're on the right path. I dunno if we all are totally aware of this or not, but we overreact to ok/solid players, because of the later Chris Polian drafts and Grigson's constant stream of whiffs. This team has been getting by using lesser players than John Simon, despite his middle of the pack ability. Hence, John Simon looks pretty good by comparison.

You know Grigson’s drafts were bad when a guy that’s been in the league for 5 years, with 3 different teams, hasn’t sniffed a Pro Bowl nod, & has only played a full 16 game season once, looks beastly by comparison.

Earlier this week, I saw the best explanation for why cutting Simon makes the most sense....

It came from Zac Keefer of the Indy Star, and it goes like this....

Keep Simon and yes he willl help you win in 2018.    But cut Simon and give those snaps to the younger players, Turay and Basham and the rest, and those guys will help the Colts win in 2019, 20 and 21.

You either get that, or you don’t.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

You know Grigson’s drafts were bad when a guy that’s been in the league for 5 years, with 3 different teams, hasn’t sniffed a Pro Bowl nod, & has only played a full 16 game season once, looks beastly by comparison.

Wow.  That's pretty sad isn't it.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Earlier this week, I saw the best explanation for why cutting Simon makes the most sense....

It came from Zac Keefer of the Indy Star, and it goes like this....

Keep Simon and yes he willl help you win in 2018.    But cut Simon and give those snaps to the younger players, Turay and Basham and the rest, and those guys will help the Colts win in 2019, 20 and 21.

You either get that, or you don’t.

BUT I WANT TO WINZZZ NOW!!!