Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jon Gruden unsure if Raiders have backup QB on roster

Bubba_Rebel

On 8/26/2018 at 10:16 AM, richard pallo said:

A 1st. rd. pick and Brissett could get it done.  If you want to get it done by cutdown day you could throw in a TE or maybe our other kicker to avoid someone else picking them up and a lower rd. pick. 

There are going to be some good backups who could use a jay oh bee this year it looks like. Heck if that trade worked they could not only get another quarterback, but they could get 1 out of the same mold. I don't think I'd burn a first the first year of the new regime though.

9 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

There are going to be some good backups who could use a jay oh bee this year it looks like. Heck if that trade worked they could not only get another quarterback, but they could get 1 out of the same mold. I don't think I'd burn a first the first year of the new regime though.

Our 1st. rd pick for one of the premier ER's in the league in his prime.  No way we are finding a player like him when our pick comes up this year.  

On 8/26/2018 at 11:16 AM, richard pallo said:

A 1st. rd. pick and Brissett could get it done.  If you want to get it done by cutdown day you could throw in a TE or maybe our other kicker to avoid someone else picking them up and a lower rd. pick. 

That wouldn't get it done. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2018 at 11:16 AM, richard pallo said:

Not even close.  @NewColtsFan posted an article where Gruden himself mentions teams would have to offer a superlative deal before they would even consider it.  Pat Kirwan says if it were him, it would be 2 first rounders and a starter to get the NFL defensive MVP. 

Mack is under contract.  If he doesn’t play, he loses $800,000 for each game he misses. He already amassed over 1.2 million in pre-season fines.  If he doesn’t show by week 9, he doesn’t qualify for an accrued season, and his contract is tolled (carries over) to next year and he is back in the same boat he is in now.  If he shows by week 8, he gets his accrued season, but Raiders can franchise tag him 2 years (like Washington did to Kirk Cousins).  Raiders feel this is leverage on their side, thus they aren’t going to feel pressured to ‘give’ Mack away.