Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2018 Pre-Season Schedule

TKnight24

34 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

They should pay the fans to watch that game. 

I think it would be cool if they had an opt option for season tickets so that pre-season tickets if not wanted could be donated to boys and girls clubs or IPS.  Let the people who paid for them claim them as a chairity donation to write off on their taxes if possiable and everyone wins. The Colts get their money and kids who would just love to go to football game get to go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think it would be cool if they had an opt option for season tickets so that pre-season tickets if not wanted could be donated to boys and girls clubs or IPS.  Let the people who paid for them claim them as a chairity donation to write off on their taxes if possiable and everyone wins. The Colts get their money and kids who would just love to go to football game get to go.

Season tickets can be donated and written off as a charitable donation. They go to United Way of Central Indiana.

4 hours ago, Jaredfor3 said:

The NFL needs to eliminate one if not two preseason games. 

Maybe one but two, no.  The coaches need those games to see who is going to be on the roster when cut time comes.

You cant sort through 90 players without pre season games. They may be boring to watch but the coaches are not looking at any win or lose scenarios. They are looking and grading each and every player during those pre season games.

If Luck does hit the field he will need the work in those pre season games. You also have to keep in mind these coaches and scouting crews are looking at players on other teams to see if any of the players cut can contribute to our team.  They may not be important to you but you can bet they are for the coaches.

6 hours ago, Smonroe said:

They should pay the fans to watch that game. 

Maybe if the fans would watch the pre season games for what they are designed for they wouldn't seem so bad?  Like it or not these pre season games are very important to the teams. You can't determine what players are going to do what in practices.

When I watch the pre season games I really look at the individual players and how they are reacting. I pay no attention to the scores. They mean absolutely nothing.

I normally turn the sound off and just watch the games while listening to some classic rock, Joe Bonamassa or some progressive jazz.  It's all good.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe one but two, no.  The coaches need those games to see who is going to be on the roster when cut time comes.

You cant sort through 90 players without pre season games. They may be boring to watch but the coaches are not looking at any win or lose scenarios. They are looking and grading each and every player during those pre season games.

If Luck does hit the field he will need the work in those pre season games. You also have to keep in mind these coaches and scouting crews are looking at players on other teams to see if any of the players cut can contribute to our team.  They may not be important to you but you can bet they are for the coaches.

I'm thinking.. Maybe preseason games just shouldn't be televised then. It clearly isn't for our entertainment. It's mostly for the coaches and young players like you said. But to the NFL preseason = :cash: too..

10 hours ago, Jaredfor3 said:

The NFL needs to eliminate one if not two preseason games. 

Meh depends on for whom.

The preseason does get pretty boring for fans after the 3rd game or so.

However the 4th game is I think huge for guys on the roster bubble.  

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I'm thinking.. Maybe preseason games just shouldn't be televised then. It clearly isn't for our entertainment. It's mostly for the coaches and young players like you said. But to the NFL preseason = :cash: too..

Pre season games are televised because there are people like me who do watch.

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe if the fans would watch the pre season games for what they are designed for they wouldn't seem so bad?  Like it or not these pre season games are very important to the teams. You can't determine what players are going to do what in practices.

When I watch the pre season games I really look at the individual players and how they are reacting. I pay no attention to the scores. They mean absolutely nothing.

I normally turn the sound off and just watch the games while listening to some classic rock, Joe Bonamassa or some progressive jazz.  It's all good.

Don't get me wrong, I love the first three preseason games because we can see guys we never saw before and get a feel for depth.  And there's the drama of the guys on the bubble.  Who wins the games is meaningless. 

But that last game is mainly for the guys that aren't making the team.  It's their tryout for other teams or practice squads.  And it's called by both teams in a way that they just want to get it over.  No one is working on anything.

Bottom line, that last game is not a product that the NFL should sell to their fans.  Team scrimmages would be much more beneficial.

All that being said, if we take FR at his word, all of our preseason games are going to be extremely vanilla.  It will be fun to read the forum when people start complaining about the play calling.

• Like 1