Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Owners Meeting/Interviews

TKnight24

8 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

This is year 2. So 2019-2020 season that’s year 3

Thats what I figured .... I have patience and can wait. I’m happy with the way things r going. Last years deaft was good. This year will be good too as long as we get Nelson or Chubb .... (I hope chubb) and we get a 100% Luck back/protected. 

This team is still very far away from being a threat in the next few years.   

We'll know allot more once the FA period is done and the draft.   If Luck stays healthy and plays as he did in the past, the team could win 8 games or maybe even 9.   The division will be tougher.  

33 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

The id___ have a right to their misguided opinions.
Drafting 1st in 2019 would be awesome for us.

Ed Oliver and Rashan Gary would make Ballard do bad things. If the Colts had the first pick, just trade back a couple spots for whichever team wants Patterson and then take whichever one is available.

9 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

that last one concerns me...seems to say he's willing to skip a step, and that's what set him back last time.  Maybe that's not what he means, but I would imagine if Andrew Luck throws and feels there's a problem, he will shut it down.

28 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

that last one concerns me...seems to say he's willing to skip a step, and that's what set him back last time.  Maybe that's not what he means, but I would imagine if Andrew Luck throws and feels there's a problem, he will shut it down.

Ditto, the last tweet about saying “to hell with it” and throwing is definitely not what AL needs or what this franchise needs. Really hope Irsay isn’t pushing that...

I'm happy with building through the draft and not going crazy in FA. The one thing I will say though, if we're really gonna be "all in on the draft", the next couple classes have to be better than good IMO. Not that last year's draft was bad, it's a good group and a good start, but we're gonna need a great draft or two if we're gonna be all in on growing our own.

Fortunately we're in a good position with 4 picks in the top 50, with options.

45 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I'm happy with building through the draft and not going crazy in FA. The one thing I will say though, if we're really gonna be "all in on the draft", the next couple classes have to be better than good IMO. Not that last year's draft was bad, it's a good group and a good start, but we're gonna need a great draft or two if we're gonna be all in on growing our own.

Fortunately we're in a good position with 4 picks in the top 50, with options.

I don't think we're done acquiring picks.  It's almost a certainty.  Not 100% of course but he's going to get another great offer he can't refuse.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

2019 will be really interesting... 3 picks in the first 2 rounds, & will possibly have somewhere close to $100mil in cap money to play with.

yep, and possibly even more... we have just shy of 60 million now, say 10 mil to sign draft picks and bubble players, leaves us around 50 million, add that to the 83 million we already know we're under the cap with for 2019, and 133 million!!  course that's the extreme case/high but still.  We're looking very pretty.

2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

1 hour ago, CamMo said:

Ditto, the last tweet about saying “to hell with it” and throwing is definitely not what AL needs or what this franchise needs. Really hope Irsay isn’t pushing that...

That is not what he said.  How do you come up with that? 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

The three years started with CB's hire I believe.  It will be accelerated with another trade back this year.  

Yeah this will be year 2 of the 3 .... and we will be staying put at #6 .... CB has already stated he doesn’t want to leave top 10. 

31 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

You shouldn't need 3 years to build in the NFL. One good draft class and a star QB can equal a one year turn around. See New Orleans.

A healthy Luck and a good class this year can equal a deep playoff run. 

New Orleans had a pretty good defense, a couple of good receivers and a very good RB already in place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

2019 will be really interesting... 3 picks in the first 2 rounds, & will possibly have somewhere close to $100mil in cap money to play with.

Dont be surprised if we gain even more draft picks for 2019.    I think Ballard wants back to back drafts where he's got many extra picks.    

That will accelerate the rebuild...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

No,  respectfully...    I don't think that's what Irsay is saying....    Ballard is running this, and he's not going to let Luck skip a step.    

That quote from Irsay is completely ridiculous.   I'm often the one around here to defend Irsay but that's just a flat-out silly, nonsensical quote.    Luck is NOT skipping steps.   Not one.   Not now or later.   Ballard will not let it happen.

• Like 1