Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sammy Watkins to Chiefs

15M/ a year on a player who cannot stay healthy. A lot of cash being thrown around on players who have not proved themselves. No way I would have spent that kind of cash on Watkins. Montcrief at this pace is going to get 10M/year. Hey I would be happy to get the comp. pick. Teams are just awash in money this year, and happy to spend it. Our cap space next year is going to be incredible.

I can't wait to see what Solder is paid. I still would like to pursue Fleming at RT.

6 minutes ago, James said:

And here I thought Hitchens was vastly overpaid. 

What on earth are the Chiefs doing?

I am curious as well. According to OTC, they have had ~$25M in cap space. They just spent that...and still have draft picks to sign. Obviously, they can structure those contract to stay under next season, but that is just kicking the can down the road.

I think we are going to see a couple more cuts from KC before it's all said and done.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• We stopped the run, but gave up almost 400 yards passing. Luckily they turned it over to us on short fields a few times!   Also glad we ran the ball today, it's definitely our biggest strength!   Still wanna fire Ballard and Gus, though ... 😂 
    • Gotta love our "fans" that are just as disappointed with a win as they are after a loss. 
    • Texans just played probably the best defense in the NFL, Brian Flores is a amazing coach. They will win against the jags, they are clearly the best team on this division and its probably gonna be easier than we all thought for Houston to win it. For sure does not look like we're in it this year.
    • Lucky win that was more a product of Bears incompetence than the Colts playing amazingly well.   AR needs to be better. Even if we consider him to be a rookie he has to be better. Those sailed balls are piling up and beginning to look like a persistent issue. This needs to be addressed. I've heard people say it's hard to work on mechanics and fundamentals during the season, but AR needs to fix this and I don't want to hear "he will be working on it during the off-season". Sure, let him work on it in the off-season, but if he needs extra individual work with the QB coaches, he needs to be staying after practice for as long as it's allowed by the league and try to fix some of those issues. It's doubly annoying because you can see he actually makes the right reads for the most part... but he just sails the ball for some reason. I really hope the coaching staff is working on this every week and not waiting for the off-season...    Steichen needs to be better. This offense was supposed to be fun one that created conflicts for defenders and respectively wide open lanes for either AR or JT to run into... and instead what do we get? We get the same old tired smash up the middle like we were watching Reich... Last year I praised him for taking every little opportunity he can find to give his team an edge... this year I feel like he's missing some obvious stuff. The commentator for example mentioned how we practically gifted the Bears a free time out because Gould decided to not return the kick(no time expired at 2:01... 1 second away from the 2 minute TO). This is elementary stuff... He needs to be on top of it. Also... SO MANY PENALTIES!    The fans - disappointed by the number of Bears fans on the stadium. What is that? Do Indy fans have no pride in defending their field against a regional foe? How does that even happen? They sold their tickets to randoms on the internet?    Props to JT... showed why he's paid the big bucks in this game. Lets hope we see this more often.    Finally - the defense... I'd like to give big props to a unit that has been much maligned(deservedly so) in the first two weeks. If there was somewhere we won the game, it was on defense. Great performance by numerous players. I thought the pass-rush was solid, I thought we defended the run much better this time... I thought the secondary held up much better too. I still have huge problems with the way Gus seems to be coaching those players, but you cannot deny that they played their * off and they kept us in the game for most of it. Jaylon Jones, Latu, Kenny... hell even Cross did well I thought despite being matched multiple times on Odunze(who IMO is an great WR prospect).   Anything else I'm missing?     
  • Members

• USAFHoosier

USAFHoosier 31

• Fourstar40

Fourstar40 20

• OLD FAN MAN

OLD FAN MAN 1,383

• bluebombers87

bluebombers87 1,721

• HOZER

HOZER 4,654

• PeytsBlocker