Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns trade for Tyrod Taylor [Merge]

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Feel bad for TT since he goes from one bad weather City to another

Yep, both Buffalo & Cleveland get bitterly cold & nasty in December. Nobody ever says let's move to Cleveland willingly do they? Not exactly a hot spot or desired destination is it? 

In all seriousness, I hope Hue Jackson can elevate Taylor's game to another level. I really respect Jackson & don't wanna see him get the boot. Black coaches always get screwed over & it ticks me off. Translation: They are expected to win so quickly while white coaches like Jason Garret who is horrible seems almost invincible. That's just insane to me. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

haha I've never been affiliated with a cult before. Is the kool aid tasty? Just joking! I just wanted to protect Luck's shoulder by handing off the ball more who can move safeties in the box on run support & open up the play action pass with easier reads for Luck. 

It's all good man. I know a proven pass rusher like Chubb is essential to our club as well. I realize now that selecting a RB that high is dangerous if they don't change the NFL landscape from day 1 & given their short shelf life 4-6 yrs we need a 10-12 yr enforcer on defense. I make mistakes but I can be enlightened by sound reasoning thanks to regulars like yourself who show me the light. Yeah, I know I'm stubborn but not beyond hope. LOL! 

I'm not even on the dont select a RB high committee to be honest SW1. I think its acceptable to do so depending on the circumstances. When it comes to our situation im against it only because I feel like we shouldn't pass over the best pass rusher in the draft. I think we will score 28 plus points with or without Barkley as long as #12 is upright. I think theres too many top offenses in the league with very productive ground games who do it by committee. I think if we address the OL properly this will be the case for us as well. I think DL /DE are harder to come by and I've said I don't believe there's that huge of a gap between Barkley and Chubb so id go with the Need player. There's a premium placed on pass rushers in this league. They go fast.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm not even on the dont select a RB high committee to be honest SW1. I think its acceptable to do so depending on the circumstances. When it comes to our situation im against it only because I feel like we shouldn't pass over the best pass rusher in the draft. I think we will score 28 plus points with or without Barkley as long as #12 is upright. I think theres too many top offenses in the league with very productive ground games who do it by committee. I think if we address the OL properly this will be the case for us as well. I think DL /DE are harder to come by and I've said I don't believe there's that huge of a gap between Barkley and Chubb so id go with the Need player. There's a premium placed on pass rushers in this league. They go fast.

Yeah, I get it quality pass rushers are harder to find then RBs are & you can't really throw 1st round draft pick money at a back & justify the move longterm. To be honest with you, I just get tired of some fans acting like Luck is damaged goods & wanting to scrap him & start over. OL, DE, or where ever Ballard wants to go is fine by me. 

I wasn't making fun of you BTW. Not really. I just wanna reduce the hits Andrew takes & cut down on the picks. 

Since Doug Pederson & the Eagles won a SB using multiple backs, I'm cool with passing on Barkley. We'll be fine at RB. I know that now. 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Love your opening line ASTY. I know; I know. I shouldn't mock the Browns especially with a new GM & all. The ones I feel really sorry for are the fans. Nobody deserves that level of intolerable cruelty & annual disappointment. 

Tyrod Taylor has had flashes of brilliance, but he's not gonna make the Browns a contender in their division or anything. Is he gonna be a 1 yr bridge for whatever starting QB Cleveland drafts? Sounds like it. 

That’s exactly what it sounds like, yes sir.  It’s times like this, where I do feel bad for the fans.  I just want to tell Cleveland just two words to their face.  “Just stop”  It’s maddening when you know, THEY know what needs to be done.  It’s just that they refuse to act on it.

2 minutes ago, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

That’s exactly what it sounds like, yes sir.  It’s times like this, where I do feel bad for the fans.  I just want to tell Cleveland just two words to their face.  “Just stop”  It’s maddening when you know, THEY know what needs to be done.  It’s just that they refuse to act on it.

Being a Browns fan is like stockholm syndrome except that instead of falling in love with your abductor you begin to believe the punishment you are enduring is normal & better than you deserve. I honestly don't know how anybody can stay dedicated to such an incompetent team for so long. When you make NFL highlight reels because you finally won a game that's not praise worthy because they're really mocking you not celebrating in your long overdue victory. 

Drew Carrey, host of The Price Is Right game show, loves the Browns & grew up in Cleveland & I'm amazed at how loyal he is to that club thru thick & thin. It's remarkable.  

Yeah, that franchise just can't get out of it's own way. Sigh...

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm starting to get this gut feeling the Giants may trade out of their pick and give it to the Bills so they can get a QB. I'm believing this more now since the Bills currently dont have much at QB

I just wish the Giants ownership would draft a QB because that team will never have a slot that high again & putting all their hopes in Eli at the twilight of his career is a monumental cluster bleep. JMO. 

Giants fans are crazy if they think Manning will suddenly start taking them to SBs again. Not gonna happen folks sorry. 

Big Blue needs a different Left Tackle. Flowers can't be fixed at this point. Maybe they want more picks for lineman up front to protect Eli. I don't know...

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

haha I've never been affiliated with a cult before. Is the kool aid tasty? Just joking! I just wanted to protect Luck's shoulder by handing off the ball more who can move safeties in the box on run support & open up the play action pass with easier reads for Luck. 

It's all good man. I know a proven pass rusher like Chubb is essential to our club as well. I realize now that selecting a RB that high is dangerous if they don't change the NFL landscape from day 1 & given their short shelf life 4-6 yrs we need a 10-12 yr enforcer on defense. I make mistakes but I can be enlightened by sound reasoning thanks to regulars like yourself who show me the light. Yeah, I know I'm stubborn but not beyond hope. LOL! 

I knew it all along. :D

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Having TT although not ideal is better than not having a Starting Caliber QB at all

They have the 1st overall AND 4th overall picks in a really good QB class. And I could just as easily be wrong. Prolly am about half these kids lol. but this is.... IMO.. This is how I see this years QB class.

Darnold is the main man. He's a superstar. Prototypical franchise QB. I see him being a big time top 5-6ish QB in the NFL in a couple or three years.

Yes Josh Allen is a major boom or bust type, but if he's a boom (He will be IMO) he'll be an absolute beast right there with Darnold. Cannon of an arm. But yeah Boom/Bust... I think he puts it all together and explodes. Top 12ish QB in a couple years.

Mayfield, I don't think he'll ever be Drew Brees, but I think he will be a good NFL QB or at least above average. He's a very, very accurate passer and had rather set himself on fire than to lose a game. We all know he's a super competitor. A kid you wouldn't bet against you know. But in saying that I think Baker winds up being a good starting QB, but not great and no superstar.

Josh Rosen. Hell no. The kid seems like a sissy first of all. Second he's got bust written across his forehead. He may look the part, but he's not got the ability to be a star QB. That's JMO. I know a lot disagree. 

Lamar Jackson. No, not at all. He can run. He's fast and athletic and he's explosive. That's it. And LMAO did you see a couple weeks ago Mike Vick told ESPN Jackson was just like him but better ? LOL He's definitely not the kid man. Mike Vick was something special. 

Oh yeah...And the there's Mason lmao ......

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

They have the 1st overall AND 4th overall picks in a really good QB class. And I could just as easily be wrong. Prolly am about half these kids lol. but this is.... IMO.. This is how I see this years QB class.

Darnold is the main man. He's a superstar. Prototypical franchise QB. I see him being a big time top 5-6ish QB in the NFL in a couple or three years.

Yes Josh Allen is a major boom or bust type, but if he's a boom (He will be IMO) he'll be an absolute beast right there with Darnold. Cannon of an arm. But yeah Boom/Bust... I think he puts it all together and explodes. Top 12ish QB in a couple years.

Mayfield, I don't think he'll ever be Drew Brees, but I think he will be a good NFL QB or at least above average. He's a very, very accurate passer and had rather set himself on fire than to lose a game. We all know he's a super competitor. A kid you wouldn't bet against you know. But in saying that I think Baker winds up being a good starting QB, but not great and no superstar.

Josh Rosen. Hell no. The kid seems like a sissy first of all. Second he's got bust written across his forehead. He may look the part, but he's not got the ability to be a star QB. That's JMO. I know a lot disagree. 

Lamar Jackson. No, not at all. He can run. He's fast and athletic and he's explosive. That's it. And LMAO did you see a couple weeks ago Mike Vick told ESPN Jackson was just like him but better ? LOL He's definitely not the kid man. Mike Vick was something special. 

Oh yeah...And the there's Mason lmao ......

Agreed 

50 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I just wish the Giants ownership would draft a QB because that team will never have a slot that high again & putting all their hopes in Eli at the twilight of his career is a monumental cluster bleep. JMO. 

Giants fans are crazy if they think Manning will suddenly start taking them to SBs again. Not gonna happen folks sorry. 

Big Blue needs a different Left Tackle. Flowers can't be fixed at this point. Maybe they want more picks for lineman up front to protect Eli. I don't know...

Maybe they might believe Davis Webb has the tools with a little time?

59 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm starting to get this gut feeling the Giants may trade out of their pick and give it to the Bills so they can get a QB. I'm believing this more now since the Bills currently dont have much at QB

The Bills have a ton of draft capital. 2 picks in each of the first 4 rounds.

This changes nothing for the Browns. I don't know why people assume this makes it more or less likely they draft Barkley( or QB ) at 1. Tyrod is a transition QB, he's not the future for the Browns. 

Which means they still need a QB and if they love one of them IMO they still go QB at 1. They cannot afford to pick Barkley and then risk having 2 other teams pick QBs before them, leaving them with their 3d choice. Noone drafts QBs like that.. "oh we have the pick of the litter... but you know what would be really cool? If we instead drafted a running back and let other teams scoop our guy at the most important position in football".

The ramifications of this trade IMO are more telling about the Bills rather than the Browns. IMO they have something in place for a caretaker of their own. AJ McCarron? Sam Bradford? Neither of them are the future, so it doesn't change much in their search for QB of the future. IMO they will aggressively try to move up on draft day... or before draft day even.

I'd take the Bills first rounders, next year's first rounders and this year's second rounders in a heartbeat.  Especially given that we might be able to land both Roquan Smith and Hernandez with those picks? Sign me up!  And at the top of the 2nd we take Guice and then use the other 2 seconds to round out the roster with either a big body receiver or another linebacker like Baker, Evans, Esch or Jefferson.  

I could really dig a linebacker unit of Jefferson/Hitchens/Smith or even a combo of Hitchens/Smith/Baker. Man the dream... we would completely turn around our linebackers while also increasing production in the run game and maximizing value for protection in the oline with Hernandez.  Yes I'm excited lol...

5 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

I'd take the Bills first rounders, next year's first rounders and this year's second rounders in a heartbeat.  Especially given that we might be able to land both Roquan Smith and Hernandez with those picks? Sign me up!  And at the top of the 2nd we take Guice and then use the other 2 seconds to round out the roster with either a big body receiver or another linebacker like Baker, Evans, Esch or Jefferson.  

I could really dig a linebacker unit of Jefferson/Hitchens/Smith or even a combo of Hitchens/Smith/Baker. Man the dream... we would completely turn around our linebackers while also increasing production in the run game and maximizing value for protection in the oline with Hernandez.  Yes I'm excited lol...

Somehow I don't think Mike Ditka is the GM of the Bills.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Somehow I don't think Mike Ditka is the GM of the Bills.

It's of almost exact equal value... want to make any other ridiculous comments? The jump from 20 to 3 is a big one and a move that is very likely by a franchise who has no QB right now.  

11 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

It's of almost exact equal value... want to make any other ridiculous comments? The jump from 20 to 3 is a big one and a move that is very likely by a franchise who has no QB right now.  

My ridiculous comment? :scratch:-----------For one thing no one knows where the Bills next years 'first rounders' are going to be.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

My ridiculous comment? :scratch:-----------For one thing no one knows where the Bills next years 'first rounders' are going to be.

Yes your "ridiculous" comment. You attempt to mock my comment by a snarky Ditka joke when apparently you don't know how the draft trading system works in the first place. Next year's first tends to be treated as a second this year and has an estimated value. 

But either way your snarky and failed attempt at humor was needless and "ridiculous".  This is a football forum where people will share ideas about the team they enjoy. If your main purpose is to be all high and mighty insulting every post you think is trash then you need to find a better hobby.

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

Yes your "ridiculous" comment. You attempt to mock my comment by a snarky Ditka joke when apparently you don't know how the draft trading system works in the first place. Next year's first tends to be treated as a second this year and has an estimated value. 

But either way your snarky and failed attempt at humor was needless and "ridiculous".  This is a football forum where people will share ideas about the team they enjoy. If your main purpose is to be all high and mighty insulting every post you think is trash then you need to find a better hobby.

Get your panties in a bunch much?

2 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Lol no just I'm not going to let you go on and on like you have been on the rest of the board because you disagree.  

Panties in your mouth much? 

Really? That's a childish and immature comment.

Carry on with your natural self.

11 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Get your panties in a bunch much?

36 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Really? That's a childish and immature comment.

Carry on with your natural self.

You truly are the gift that keeps on giving.

Let me ask you - did you take the moral high ground with your "panties in a bunch" comment? If I understand correctly it is the location of said panties that make the comment immature or not.

10 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Let me ask you - did you take the moral high ground with your "panties in a bunch" comment? If I understand correctly it is the location of said panties that make the comment immature or not.

I'm going to move this topic to the lingerie sub forum if this carries on...

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Because the Giants need a QB and the Colts don't.

Doesn't mean they'll take one. I could be wrong, but I think they stick with Eli for 2-3 more years. It's very possible if they trade down, especially if Barkley is gone.

2 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Doesn't mean they'll take one. I could be wrong, but I think they stick with Eli for 2-3 more years. It's very possible if they trade down, especially if Barkley is gone.

They might, I don't know what they'll do. But I think they should draft a QB early because it's time to move on from Eli, or will be soon, before 2-3 years.

The Colts don't need a QB, so they're likely approaching their draft position differently than the Giants. 

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

Because the Giants need a QB and the Colts don't.

Could be...  but they have Eli,   He will play for a few more yrs I think.   Doubt anyone comes in and takes his job right now.  They could go the route of building a team first then adding a QB in a yr or two

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

My panties in a bunch was a sarcastic comment about him easily getting bent over a sarcastic comment.

That's all no more.

Hell, if we all got that upset over sarcastic comments, then we would all be arguing all the time.

2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Oh the absolute irony of you asking another poster this question.

Pot / Kettle

Kettle / Pot

Nah, it takes more than anything said in this forum to make me mad with the exception of being insulted.

I have been much more calmer her lately in case you haven't noticed. It's all good.

21 hours ago, Shive said:

Keep in mind that they finally have a great GM in there with John Dorsey. As long as they let him do his thing, they may just become a relevant team again.

They went into this with 12 draft picks this year, which is a lot of draft capital. The Taylor move is actually a really good one as it allows them a ton of flexibility at the top of the draft. They can safely take Barkley at one without worrying about who they can get at QB. If their guy is there at 4, awesome. If not, they've got insurance and aren't forced to reach.

Its not reaching when they have a major need for a star franchise QB, and they can get that QB with the 1st pick, I mean. I cant say how they view Sam Darnold, Obviously, but IMO he's not only the best QB in this class. (A good QB class I'll add.) But he also has the highest ceiling. Right there with Josh Allen, and he IMO will be a star, franchise QB. That's not easy to find. Obviously they haven't had much luck with it LOL. I just cant understand why they'd be so cool about or feel safe about taking Barkley 1, when Darnold will most likely be taken by the NYG at 2, they also would have to risk us trading back with one of the Jets, Broncos, etc. So that means both Darnold and Allen would be off the board at 4. To me they have to take a QB 1 overall if they want their big time franchise QB. If they don't get one of Allen or Darnold they'll be screwing themselves big time. With talent they have one of those 2 could be the franchise QB they've been lacking forever, and they would actually become a good team. But I mean they may have full intentions of going Darnold or Allen 1. IDK. But taking Barkley and then hoping one of the QB's is there at 4 isn't the best move to make when there's a couple big time, team changing signal callers in this draft. It just wouldn't make sense to me. But JMO.