Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay letter to Colts fans

RockThatBlue

I feel like no mention of Luck in the letter was fine.  Right now, NO ONE knows if he will be back or not, or if he'll be able to return to his former level of play.

If Mr. Irsay said Luck will be back in this letter, then everyone would be reminding him of his statement last year.  If he said we're not counting on him being back, or he won't be back, then everyone would be saying how does he know that in mid-February?  We have several months before the season begins...you can't write him off until he throws a football.

I believe we will get updates on Andrew Luck when they are warranted.  Silence doesn't mean the news or outlook is bad.  Once they know something that's worth sharing, then they will share it, I believe.

They are also doing what's best for Andrew and to allow him to recover at the pace that will hopefully result in him being back as good as before.

I appreciate Mr. Irsay's passion and love for this organization and fanbase.  You could see his excitement yesterday when Coach Reich was introduced.  He's been through it all as an owner and has been relentless in making this organization successful.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

Say what you want about Jim Irsay, but this organisation means the world to him.  Does he sometimes say too much (Luck being back week 1, O-line is fixed, etc)?  Yes, but that is because he is an optimist, perhaps sometimes verging on being naïve, but he wants to believe things will get better and wants to communicate that to the fans to give us hope.

There are very few owners who are as communicative with the fans and, although he has his faults, we could do a lot worse.

In my early days here I heard many stories about Bob Irsay & I did my homework concerning the Colts move to Indianapolis & the States threat to use Eminent Domain to keep the Colts it was a mess & Baltimore fans to this day hold a grudge .

During a conversation with "the Old Crow " a Baltimore fan Bob Irsay was the Devil & honestly the dude had issues it's pretty well documented .

He fired Ted Marchibroda at half time during a game  from what I was told & Jimmy Irsay during the half straightened out that mess that day , point is 

Jim Irsay is the biggest Colts Homer IMO & has been since his Dad became owner he has been a witness to some really shady stuff done since day one .

The Colts were second fiddle to a baseball team in a stadium that needed major renovations & The City & State were the enemy instead of a partner to the team .

So  The Indianapolis Colts come to Indy to play in the Hoosier Dome renamed later the RCA Dome - Now its LOS the house that 18 built .

As a young man he has lived & breathed Colts Football trying as hard as he can to build a Winner he is responsible for all the awesome football our Colts have played during the Manning Era some heap all the praise on the Players & the Coachs & they do deserve every bit of it but people lose sight or maybe they never checked him out much  in an imperfect world he is not perfect he has his own demons which we all have.

In spite of it he has done alot of good for the community he brought Peyton Manning on to our team & into our lives something I'm positive all Colts fans will be forever grateful for , Remember it could of been Ryan Leaf .

I point these things out because when people like Mike Wilbon & Tony Kornheiser & lots of people in sports media tell you they hate Jim Irsay you just need to honestly ask why ? 

The Baltimore Colts moved to Indy  & Bob Irsay was'nt the greatest owner . 

Jim Irsay is not his father he loves his Colts like no other IMO & Lives & breathes Colts Football its been his lifes work I'm very happy with him he is the opposite of his father I feel once again blessed 

1 hour ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

And I get that & I expect Andrew Luck to be just fine  but the speculation is not good & I would hope they are forthcoming with some real answers soon ..

Clearly im hoping for soon too....

But I don't think we we get anything until either just before or just after the draft...

Sigh....    I hope I'm wrong...

8 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

Say what you want about Jim Irsay, but this organisation means the world to him.  Does he sometimes say too much (Luck being back week 1, O-line is fixed, etc)?  Yes, but that is because he is an optimist, perhaps sometimes verging on being naïve, but he wants to believe things will get better and wants to communicate that to the fans to give us hope.

There are very few owners who are as communicative with the fans and, although he has his faults, we could do a lot worse.

Irsay has always been this way. It's nothing new . It's just he mentioned Andrew Luck. And If you do that well you're insane. 

18 hours ago, Superman said:

What about him? I mean, either he's back or he's not. If he is, awesome. If not, they'll have to find a new QB. 

Ballard gave a pretty straightforward update less than a week ago. I don't know what else anyone can say about it right now, or why it would matter. They said he'd be ready last season, and he wasn't. Just gotta wait at this point.

This. I think Irsay learned from last year that things can go downhill quickly, and not to speak too soon out of nothing more than pure optimism. While he had no reason to think Luck wouldn't be ready, he also didn't really have any reason to say "he'll definitely be ready by training camp."

51 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

STH's usually get a letter like this very yr.   So it's not a surprise.   He had to write a lot of apology letters over the past 6 yrs

Really? I don't think he wrote any apology letters when the team went thee 11-5 seasons and went to the AFC championship game.

Quit exaggerating.

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Really? I don't think he wrote any apology letters when the team went thee 11-5 seasons and went to the AFC championship game.

Quit exaggerating.

Pretty sure he wasn't CLAPPING about those playoff blow outs 

quite defending Pagano.  He only had 2 winning seasons in 6 yrs.   he was horrible 

2 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Pretty sure he wasn't CLAPPING about those playoff blow outs 

quite defending Pagano.  He only had 2 winning seasons in 6 yrs.   he was horrible 

Defending Pagano has zero to do with three 11-5 seasons.

Like I said, quit exaggerating. Next thing you will say they never happened.

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Defending Pagano has zero to do with three 11-5 seasons.

Like I said, quit exaggerating. Next thing you will say they never happened.

Pagano was the worst coach in NFL period...He rode Luck's coattails..He was the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise and is the main reason we are in the hole we are in now...When we won, it was in spite of him not because of him..

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Pagano was the worst coach in NFL period...He rode Luck's coattails..He was the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise and is the main reason we are in the hole we are in now...When we won, it was in spite of him not because of him..

That is a load of horse dung. No QB carries a team without team mates doing their job.

23 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

The fans have no right to know about the health of the players

I disagree.  When it comes to the position of quarterback, especially one deemed "the franchise", season ticket sales hang in the balance.  Reference last year's angst.  The team and players need to be forth coming regarding the current and long-term health prospects.

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is a load of horse dung. No QB carries a team without team mates doing their job.

Yeah teammates...The HC was terrible..I don't even blame Grigson as much..Pagano couldn't develop a player to save his life..Watch and see the difference with Reich..just wait..We have talent right now.

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Add them up. Take away the 13 games away that Arians coached and Pagano still has a winning record.

Like I said. Quit exaggerating.

2012.   2-2

2013.  11-5

2014.  11-5

2015.    8-8

2016.   8-8

2017.    4-12

Totals 44- 40

He averaged 8-8 for 5 seasons.  

1 minute ago, Coltfreak said:

2012.   2-2

2013.  11-5

2014.  11-5

2015.    8-8

2016.   8-8

2017.    4-12

Totals 44- 40

A winning record is a winning record no matter how you look at it. I even bet it surprised you being you went back to try to prove me wrong.

9 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

2012.   2-2

2013.  11-5

2014.  11-5

2015.    8-8

2016.   8-8

2017.    4-12

Totals 44- 40

Add it up. To average 8-8 he would have has to be 43-42. Well, he wasn't was he? 8-8 is not a losing season. that means he had 1 losing season it seems.

15 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Add it up. To average 8-8 he would have has to be 43-42. Well, he wasn't was he? 8-8 is not a losing season. that means he had 1 losing season it seems.

42 divided by 5 is 8.4

38 divided by 5 is 7.6

thats 8-8.   

he only had 2 wining seasons is what you mean 

On 14/02/2018 at 1:16 PM, jshipp23 said:

Everyone acts like we are screwed without Luck..I like Brissett, he is only 24 has a great arm is a smart kid who will continue to develop...With better coaching and improved roster we can compete next year with Brissett..

*Most people act like we're screwed without Luck.

I'm very high on Brissett.

He's a fantastic runner, strong and with a good OL would be a damn fine QB.

I don't know if I would view him as a "franchise" guy but there aren't many of those in the league. I would rather him over any of the overrated QB's in this draft.

Could be a very decent top 15 QB IMO.

20 minutes ago, Doyle84 said:

*Most people act like we're screwed without Luck.

I'm very high on Brissett.

He's a fantastic runner, strong and with a good OL would be a damn fine QB.

I don't know if I would view him as a "franchise" guy but there aren't many of those in the league. I would rather him over any of the overrated QB's in this draft.

Could be a very decent top 15 QB IMO.

I like Brissett too.   But he has a long way to go

Here is his combine profile.    Wow. Very dead on 

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jacoby-brissett?id=2555261

1 hour ago, P'Son said:

I disagree.  When it comes to the position of quarterback, especially one deemed "the franchise", season ticket sales hang in the balance.  Reference last year's angst.  The team and players need to be forth coming regarding the current and long-term health prospects.

Either buy or don't.  Andrew doesn't owe it to the fans.  That's nonsense

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

You must not have been a fan before 98.  pagano isn't close to the worst thing that ever happened to this franchise

6 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

am I wrong that he only had 2 winning seasons 

You can move, omit, juggle, add or anything you want to but the bottom line he has a 44-40 career record.

Like I said, you exaggerated and made points that were not true for no other reason but to make Pagano look worse than he was. At least you could is admit the truth.

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

2012.   2-2

2013.  11-5

2014.  11-5

2015.    8-8

2016.   8-8

2017.    4-12

Totals 44- 40

It was Pagano's team  Arians filled in the 2012 season 11-5 

11-5

11-5 

11-5 

8-8

8-8

4-12  Your total is worthless Chuck Pagano love him or hate him only had 1 losing season .

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/12/31/16667082/colts-fire-chuck-pagano-nfl-2017-season

Here's a neutral party in case you still want to argue .

1 minute ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

It was Pagano's team  Arians filled in the 2012 season 11-5 

11-5

11-5 

11-5 

8-8

8-8

4-12  Your total is worthless Chuck Pagano love him or hate him only had 1 losing season .

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/12/31/16667082/colts-fire-chuck-pagano-nfl-2017-season

Here's a neutral party in case you still want to argue .

Lets see how many Head Coaching offers he gets over next few years...

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Frank Kush-4-11

Rod Dowhower-5-24

Rick Venturi-1-10

Linde Infante-12-20

Chuck even had a better winning percentage than Ted Marchibroda did at Indy

So no, he is far not the worst thing that has happened this franchise.