Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tarell Basham as a 4-3 Defensive End

ColtJ82

If we do switch to a 4-3 base, I'm curious to see what Basham can do with his hand back in the dirt. He wasn't great in 2017, but pass rushers can take time to develop (more so when switching to OLB). Hoping to see a big jump from him in 2018. 

That could make for an interesting rotation should we draft Chubb. I don't really want Chubb, but I'm so tired of seeing us suffer from lack of pass rush I can't seem to justify anything else. 

With Basham returning to his former DE position and producing say 7-8 sacks or so would be a nice problem to have. I honestly can`t see the Colts passing on Chubb unless they sign Ansah. You can never have enough pass rushers. Only problem is what happens with Simon? Unless he can play Strong-side LB, I don`t view him as a good fit in a 4-3. 

11 hours ago, MPStack said:

Only problem is what happens with Simon? Unless he can play Strong-side LB, I don`t view him as a good fit in a 4-3. 

Simon played 4-3 DE at Ohio State. Whether or not he'd be a good one in the NFL can be a different story, but with someone that has shown the talent and production that Simon has, you have to find a way to get him on the field. He'll make plays.

13 hours ago, lance_m8 said:

You will find out in September.

Really? What a useless response. I wasn't even signed in, but I just had to let you know that these kind of responses are one of the worst that I read here. The only thing it contributed to was your post count. 

Basham will do just fine with his hand in the dirt opposite Sheard as a DE. 

Simon will likely be the SAM and as good as both he and Sheard played by setting the edge and pressuring the QB I think they'll do a great job lining up on the same side.

Whomever our WILL ends up being, he should have a ton of tackles as those two will funnel everything back to him!

2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Really? What a useless response. I wasn't even signed in, but I just had to let you know that these kind of responses are one of the worst that I read here. The only thing it contributed to was your post count. 

Useless? buddy take a seat if you think I care about a post count you are delusional you just felt like being a pr*ck for no reason I can post whatever I please all these posters are trying to look into the future 8 months from now just focus on Free Agency something that is relevant right now not how Basham will play 7 months from now who the hell knows he might not even be on the roster come September.