Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With Alex Smith going to Washington, I think that where ever Kirk Cousins goes will hurt us come draft time.  Von Miller is already trying to recruit Cousins to Denver.  If that happens, our pick becomes much less valuable.  Same goes if Cousins ends up in NY or Cle.  It would screw us come draft time, if we planned to trade back.  lol i’d rather see him in Jacksonville.

19 minutes ago, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

With Alex Smith going to Washington, I think that where ever Kirk Cousins goes will hurt us come draft time.  Von Miller is already trying to recruit Cousins to Denver.  If that happens, our pick becomes much less valuable.  Same goes if Cousins ends up in NY or Cle.  It would screw us come draft time, if we planned to trade back.  lol i’d rather see him in Jacksonville.

Don't think we wanna see him in Jacksonville. I for one hope they stick with Bortles and sign him to a long term deal. 

If cle gets a QB before the draft, they can go Barkley or Chubbs.  If Den gets a QB via FA, then that allows a QB to slip.  Whoever slips idk, but the value to trade to that 3 spots decrease for some teams.  Unless you want to drop in the teens, who else needs a QB in the Top 10?  From what I see from our forums, we want to target Barkley, Chubb, and Nelson.  Those 3 may not make it that far.  

As a GM, Ballard is also prepared to not trade back.  He can have multiple players he is targeting at our pick with who might be there or not.  Trading back is only a scenario come draft day when the phone rings.  Until then they are looking at who they want, not what spot to trade too.  This to me doesn't effect us in any way.  Might just take a team out of the works for a draft need of QB.

Easy solution to Cousins is to sign him in FA ourselves.  That way we force QB needy teams to deal directly with us.  Obviously as it stands now teams really do not need to worry about us taking a QB with our pick so they can just let the draft play out to their favor.

1 hour ago, OhioColt said:

Easy solution to Cousins is to sign him in FA ourselves.  That way we force QB needy teams to deal directly with us.  Obviously as it stands now teams really do not need to worry about us taking a QB with our pick so they can just let the draft play out to their favor.

Now tell me why Cousins would sign with the Colts?  He wants to be a starter and that is not happening behind Luck.

Besides, we need the money to sign free agents to help where we need help at. Did you think this out?

21 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Best scenario is for Arizona to sign him. That keeps him out of Jacksonville and keeps Denver and the Jets in competition with each other for the #3 pick. 

From what I have been hearing on sports talk radio the Jags are going with Bortles. I have no clue as to the validity of what I was hearing but that is what was said.

6 hours ago, OhioColt said:

This is why the internet needs a sarcasm meter....I mean....he was being sarcastic wasn't he???? Look now even I'm confused!!

If he goes to Cleveland or NYG, I could see one of those teams trading out of #1 or #2. If he goes somewhere else, those teams still likely go QB at the top. I don't really see it having much impact on us. 

It was always likely that Smith would change teams, and that Cousins would change teams. There could be other QB movement as well. The impact at the top of the draft is pretty much already accounted for, IMO.

57 minutes ago, Superman said:

If he goes to Cleveland or NYG, I could see one of those teams trading out of #1 or #2. If he goes somewhere else, those teams still likely go QB at the top. I don't really see it having much impact on us. 

It was always likely that Smith would change teams, and that Cousins would change teams. There could be other QB movement as well. The impact at the top of the draft is pretty much already accounted for, IMO.

You think Arizona is in the picture for Cousins?

He's better off off going to Jacksonville if they want him. Lets hope they don't. If not he should go to Buffalo or NY Jets. The Jets have Anderson and Q and WR. Some good pieces on D. They still need some big time pieces on D and D but that'd be a good spot for him.

The only thing I can say about Cousin's is he is the luckiest dude in the world from a financial standpoint. Franchise Tagged twice, then cut loose in a rabid shark tank where he is the best QB chum in the tank.......dude will finish his career as 12-15 best QB in the league at any given year in his career who made top 5 money for about 7 years if someone over pays here shortly for the next 5. ..... I think you will see him in Denver or Buffalo........

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

NFLfan,  Cousins wants to play in Minnesota, what do you think?

No doubt would be the best case for the value of our pick 1.3. You want the Jets and Denver both looking for a QB as it leaves the door open to a trade down that gives you an elite player. Minn has tons of cap room and is ready to win now. Unless they want to trust Teddy B , it makes a lot of sense for Minn to be in play.

Paul Allen of KFAN Minneapolis reports the Vikings are "number one with a bullet" on Kirk Cousins' wish list.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer agrees that Minnesota would be a "prime location" for the impending free agent. Cousins has garnered widespread interest since Washington traded for Alex Smith last week with the Broncos, Cardinals, Jaguars, Jets and Vikings emerging as his top suitors. Cousins reportedly has a desire to 'win right away," which would make Minnesota an appealing destination. The Vikings also boast one of the league's strongest receiving duos in Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs. With Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater and Case Keenum all headed for free agency, the NFC runner-ups will be aggressive in pursuing a quarterback this offseason.