Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qbs/rbs/wrs

IndyTrav

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WR that has impressed me the most - Stephen Hill (speed is one thing but his drills have been outstanding)

QBs that have impressed me the most - Kirk Cousins

QBs that were a letdown - Nick Foles, Case Keenum (Keenum has a feeble arm, he is a Chad Pennington at best). Talking about Chad Pennington, where the heck is Kellen Moore, who I think is a left handed version of Chad Pennington :).

Yeah.... Nick Foles isn't getting any kudos at all, with his footwork being criticized pretty widely. And Mayock made mention of the limited decision-making he had to make in Arizona's almost exclusively shotgun alignment.

I'm no expert on this at all, but it sounds like if you combine those two areas of concern and then factor in that he simply will HAVE to play under center pretty regularly.... Foles may drop into rounds 3-4 and require more development than his impressive stats had us believing.

He ran! Im surpirsed! they said he wasn't gonna run. I bet that was a football decision. I bet he got there, and just got into the zone, and wanted to show what he could do. My opinion of course.

I wouldn't doubt it.

His Pro Day oughta be alot of fun to watch..... and he won't need to run the 40 there, not after this.

Yeah.... Nick Foles isn't getting any kudos at all, with his footwork being criticized pretty widely. And Mayock made mention of the limited decision-making he had to make in Arizona's almost exclusively shotgun alignment.

I'm no expert on this at all, but it sounds like if you combine those two areas of concern and then factor in that he simply will HAVE to play under center pretty regularly.... Foles may drop into rounds 3-4 and require more development than his impressive stats had us believing.

Don't surprise me at all. I have said since the beginning of the season when a few were touting his abilities that the only impressive thing about Foles was his deep ball. Other than that he looks like a very below average QB IMO. He floats short passes and makes bad decisions in the pocket. So if he falls to rds. 3 or 4 or even further, it won't be surprising to me.

Don't surprise me at all. I have said since the beginning of the season when a few were touting his abilities that the only impressive thing about Foles was his deep ball. Other than that he looks like a very below average QB IMO. He floats short passes and makes bad decisions in the pocket. So if he falls to rds. 3 or 4 or even further, it won't be surprising to me.

Yeah.... if scouts agree that he has questions on his decision making AND mobility/slow footwork in the pocket, that could be a problem. Sometimes these spread or shotgun-heavy systems work fine in college and then the NFL smacks the QB in the face.

Maybe Foles can be coached up and improve these things.... but a 2nd round selection which I thought was possible.... is starting to look very iffy and he could plummet into Day 3.

huff huff huff huff huff.....cracks me up everytime

he's at the 35 @ :017, slides at the 3 @ :22....a 5sec 30 lol

Why the constant 'digs' at Manning? No doubt he's no speed demon...hasn't needed to be. Let's clock Luck in full pads, with a defense coming at him, running a wide, sweeping 30 yards....not a fair comparison now, is it?

Why the constant 'digs' at Manning? No doubt he's no speed demon...hasn't needed to be. Let's clock Luck in full pads, with a defense coming at him, running a wide, sweeping 30 yards....not a fair comparison now, is it?

say what?!!?

How on earth did you manage to bring Luck into that?!?!?

I dont think it's a dig at peyton. In fact, that oakland play is one of the smartest plays i've ever seen (because he did not score) and one of the most hilarious since it was so unexpected.

A WR I'd like to see on the Colts (if they even draft one) would be Joe Adams. We could use a middle round pick on a fast reliable receiver. A good value pick

I like his comrade Jarius Wright better. Of course, everyone has fallen in love with Stephen Hill by now. Problem with Stephen Hill was with Georgia Tech running that triple option, it is like hara-kiri for college WRs in that system unless you run enough plays for them. But all his drills showed impressive hands and not to mention, his speed.

Because other than Steven Segal or that diapered midget on Jack*.... no one looks dopier when they run then Peyton.

It's all in fun RC not a dig. :D

Heck.... half the team was laughing too.

I agree.

Another WR, who Im not ness. impressed with, but have seen some things I liked, i havent caught his name. He's a smaller guy out of Miami U, he's got dreads, he has had some drops, but watching him cut, and move up the field I was impressed with, looks to have Slot WR written all over him, but his cuts and burst looked really good.

I think that's Travis Benjamin

Nevermind I just saw the other post saying who it was

With all this love going to Stephen Hill I'm still sticking by T.Y. Hilton

I'm pretty much ignoring the WR's who will go in the first round, as we won't take them. There some great 2nd and 3rd round talent there.

I know Buckeyes are real popular with Colts fans right now, but (as a Buckeye) I think Posey would be a great 4th round pick if available.

Streeter has tremendous upside, he may be a bit of a project, but talk about taking the top off of a zone!

Because other than Steven Segal or that diapered midget on Jack*.... no one looks dopier when they run then Peyton.

It's all in fun RC not a dig. :D

Heck.... half the team was laughing too.

The play was funny (galloping giraff-like) but it sounded like a dig when it followed this comment....

That means you don't need a sundial to see how fast he runs, unlike PM. lmao

When you're praising someone & then compare them "unlike" someone else...most people would consider it a dig.

I dont know much about Michael Flloyd out of Notre Dame but boy did he 'look' good. Good size a bit over 6-2. 220lb but looks bigger. Big hands. Ran a 4.42 he looks like an nfl wr. Hakeem Nicks maybe a comparison? Any ND fans in here can tell me more about the guy?

He was our number 1 target in the red zone as you can imagine because of his big hands and bigger build. He had a solid career at ND. I felt the defenses kind of figured him out last season. But overall, he is a good solid wideout that could give any team an advantage in the red zone.

He was our number 1 target in the red zone as you can imagine because of his big hands and bigger build. He had a solid career at ND. I felt the defenses kind of figured him out last season. But overall, he is a good solid wideout that could give any team an advantage in the red zone.

Probably the second WR taken, depending on how Blackmon runs. I like him as #1 with his size. But to be honest, I'm not sure either guy is worth a top 10-15 pick.

It seems like there's going to be a lot of value left in the 3rd and 4th rounds, not to mention a couple of guys that may turn out to be as good as those two in the second round.