Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thinking of Gavin this Bye Week.....

NewColtsFan

So, yesterday would've been a very big day for our friend, Gavin....

Pierre Desir was a sleeper favorite of his.    We were both a bit surprised that he wasn't drafted until the 4th round, but we both liked him as a long term propsect from a very small school background.

And yesterday,  he picked off Rothlisbeger on the Steelers very first play.     I think Gaving would've been very happy.

But that's not all....    or, as the commercials like to say.....    "Wait,  there's MORE!!"

Gavin also liked a guy who got drafted and had not lived up to expectations in his first few years.     Gavin had Adrian Clayborn on a list of possible free agents signings to try and create some pass rush.

Well.....    yesterday,  Clayborn had himself a CAREER in one game.     SIX SACKS in just one game!     And he did it versus Dallas.    Of course,  Tyrann Smith was out,  and he ate their back-up,  Chaz Green,  alive.       I think Gavin would've been tickled over this one!      Six sacks in one game!      That deserves a Holy Cow!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000876534/article/adrian-clayborns-six-sacks-earned-750k-pay-day

I hope Gavin has a very big smile on his face as he looks down from the best view in the house.      Yesterday, was a very good day for him!

Congrats,  Gavin!!      You nailed those two!!

47 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Pierre Desir was a sleeper favorite of his.    We were both a bit surprised that he wasn't drafted until the 4th round, but we both liked him as a long term propsect from a very small school background.

And yesterday,  he picked off Rothlisbeger on the Steelers very first play.     I think Gaving would've been very happy.

But that's not all....    or, as the commercials like to say.....    "Wait,  there's MORE!!"

Gavin also like a guy who got drafted and had not lived up to expectations in his first few years.     Gavin had Adrian Clayborn on a list of possible free agents signings to try and create some pass rush.

Well.....    yesterday,  Clayborn had himself a CAREER in one game.     SIX SACKS in just one game!     And he did it versus Dallas.    Of course,  Tyrann Smith was out,  and he ate their back-up,  Chaz Green,  alive.       I think Gavin would've been tickled over this one!      Six sacks in one game!      That deserves a Holy Cow!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000876534/article/adrian-clayborns-six-sacks-earned-750k-pay-day

I hope Gavin has a very big smile on his face as he looks down from the best view in the house.      Yesterday, was a very good day for him!

i concur

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Gavin also liked a guy who got drafted and had not lived up to expectations in his first few years.     Gavin had Adrian Clayborn on a list of possible free agents signings to try and create some pass rush.

That's cool of you to recall with specificity what he was thinking..

We should all aim to peck out ideas on our keyboards that are worth contemplating/remembering.

Thank you #1 for remembering Gavin and #2 for sharing your thoughts with us.

He would be proud, and honored.  

Afterall....isn't that what everyone wants..  to live your life in such a way that your presence is still felt and you're still thought of on a daily basis long after you've gone.

3 hours ago, Gramz said:

Thank you #1 for remembering Gavin and #2 for sharing your thoughts with us.

He would be proud, and honored.  

Afterall....isn't that what everyone wants..  to live your life in such a way that your presence is still felt and you're still thought of on a daily basis long after you've gone.

Amen Sister.

23 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Awesome post NCF, you are one classy Dude, Gavin would have loved it! I know that A Luck is what brought you to this forum, but I sure hope you stick around after his time in Indy has ended(hopefully not for a long, looooooong time!!!!!) I bet Gavin's  somewhere up there debating our Coaching/Team situation right now!

1 hour ago, twfish said:

I doubt I'll ever change my avatar. It would have been nice getting some more insightful and thought out post from him during this messy season

I feel the same way, really can't talk myself into changing mine either. I do miss his insight right now.