Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb Is Not A Need, Pass On Luck

manning2dallas

With Peyton Manning as the starter and Dan Orlovsky as the backup, we can decide from there if we need to draft a 3rd quarterback in the late round as a backup or if he should be the backup instead of Orlovsky. Orlovsky did pretty well last year though for a backup.

You forgot someone, didn't 'cha?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....No I don't think so. I don't know a whole lot about the late round prospects so I don't want to put a name out there. Russel Wilson is a late round prospect that might be a good pick.

I think it's time to deal with the reality of even if we keep Peyton we are taking RG3 or Luck, probably Luck. The one scenario that has been ruled out by just about everyone who covers this is us trading the pick or not taking a QB with the pick.

If you don't want to believe that fine that's your right but you are just setting yourself up to be really disapointed.

I think it's time to deal with the reality of even if we keep Peyton we are taking RG3 or Luck, probably Luck. The one scenario that has been ruled out by just about everyone who covers this is us trading the pick or not taking a QB with the pick.

If you don't want to believe that fine that's your right but you are just setting yourself up to be really disapointed.

Not really, you have no idea, just like me, same as the media, as to what the colts will do. If you want to believe everything that the media says, every little piece of information or smokescreen, then that's fine with me. It just seems that a lot of people on here are becoming a little naive. With Bill Polian, you never new who the colts were going to draft. Don't think that has changed just because he is gone. The owner is still the same, and he has a ton of respect for the hall of fame GM/President that he hired. I'm sure Jim Irsay learned a trick or 2 from him while he was here.

Not really, you have no idea, just like me, same as the media, as to what the colts will do. If you want to believe everything that the media says, every little piece of information or smokescreen, then that's fine with me. It just seems that a lot of people on here are becoming a little naive. With Bill Polian, you never new who the colts were going to draft. Don't think that has changed just because he is gone. The owner is still the same, and he has a ton of respect for the hall of fame GM/President that he hired. I'm sure Jim Irsay learned a trick or 2 from him while he was here.

Sir, please tell me you have influence within the Colts' front office. Don't tease me.

Sir, please tell me you have influence within the Colts' front office. Don't tease me.

I do wonder how people get jobs in the NFL anyways haha, like how do you become a scout or something like that? Go to scout college?

Also, it kind of depends if anyone who works for the colts reads this forum. That's the only reason I started posting things about the colts was because maybe someone would read some of the ideas and that it would help the colts.

I am sorry but I do have an idea of what is going to happen. I have every single person in the world of the media saying the Colts are going to take QB and not budging on it. They don't even feel that way about the Colts releasing Peyton. They will say things like most likely the Colts are going to release Peyton or signs point to that. When asked about the top pick it's "They are taking Andrew Luck." When asked any chance they will trade the pick or draft someone else it's no.

Yes the media is in a better poistion to know what is going to happen then we are. They get paid to cover this and they do have real sources. Are they always right? No they aren't but they are very rarely all wrong and this wrong about something. Like I said the talk with Manning is different because they haven't said relasing Manning was a done deal like they have taking one of the QBs. Mort was even asked who the favorites land Peyton Manning was a couple a couple of weeks ago and the first team he said was the Colts to help prove that point, while they think the Colts are probably going to release Peyton they are willing to admit there is a chance he comes back here. The top draft pick they aren't even giving it that. They are saying it's a done deal.

I also have Jim Irsay saying you can't pass on a talent like RG3 or Andrew Luck in an interview and in another interview letting the name Andrew slip when talking about Andrew being ready next year.

Now please tell me what you have to support your theory that they aren't going to take one of the two QBs in the draft besides the fact you don't want it to happen? Who is saying there is a chance it's going to happen? You have a theory where everyone is lying to try to pull something over on someone pretty much for the fact they are just trying to get something over on someone. There is nothing to be gained from lying about taking one of the two QBs. We own the top two picks so it's not like we have to worry about someone jumping in front of us to steal the guy we want. Also picks are slotted now so we aren't going to save any money on who we take and we aren't going to drive the price up by saying we are taking Luck teams already know they are going to have offer a gold mine to try to move up to number one.

You are right the owner is still the same and that owner has a very long track record of being extremely honest about his feelings and probably a little too honest at times.

Like I said if you don't want to believe we are going to take a QB with the top pick you don't have too. You are just setting yourself up to be really let down on draft day when we do even if Peyton Manning is still on the roster.

I am sorry but I do have an idea of what is going to happen. I have every single person in the world of the media saying the Colts are going to take QB and not budging on it. They don't even feel that way about the Colts releasing Peyton. They will say things like most likely the Colts are going to release Peyton or signs point to that. When asked about the top pick it's "They are taking Andrew Luck." When asked any chance they will trade the pick or draft someone else it's no.

Yes the media is in a better poistion to know what is going to happen then we are. They get paid to cover this and they do have real sources. Are they always right? No they aren't but they are very rarely all wrong and this wrong about something. Like I said the talk with Manning is different because they haven't said relasing Manning was a done deal like they have taking one of the QBs. Mort was even asked who the favorites land Peyton Manning was a couple a couple of weeks ago and the first team he said was the Colts to help prove that point, while they think the Colts are probably going to release Peyton they are willing to admit there is a chance he comes back here. The top draft pick they aren't even giving it that. They are saying it's a done deal.

I also have Jim Irsay saying you can't pass on a talent like RG3 or Andrew Luck in an interview and in another interview letting the name Andrew slip when talking about Andrew being ready next year.

Now please tell me what you have to support your theory that they aren't going to take one of the two QBs in the draft besides the fact you don't want it to happen? Who is saying there is a chance it's going to happen? You have a theory where everyone is lying to try to pull something over on someone pretty much for the fact they are just trying to get something over on someone. There is nothing to be gained from lying about taking one of the two QBs. We own the top two picks so it's not like we have to worry about someone jumping in front of us to steal the guy we want. Also picks are slotted now so we aren't going to save any money on who we take and we aren't going to drive the price up by saying we are taking Luck teams already know they are going to have offer a gold mine to try to move up to number one.

You are right the owner is still the same and that owner has a very long track record of being extremely honest about his feelings and probably a little too honest at times.

Like I said if you don't want to believe we are going to take a QB with the top pick you don't have too. You are just setting yourself up to be really let down on draft day when we do even if Peyton Manning is still on the roster.

Yeah, I already know most of this...

And for the bolded part, if Peyton Manning is healthy, it is not logical to take a quarterback with the 1st pick. I don't see how people don't understand that fact. The value of the pick is the same whether you draft a quarterback or trade the pick, it's not like your losing anything. The difference is you won't feel the effects of drafting a quarterback until Peyton Manning retires, which could be at the end of his current contract, or whenever he wants to retire. That is 4 years down the road. You will feel the effects of having added several talented players to the team over the next 4 years and after that. I don't need a source to tell me that that is a fact.

Yeah, I already know most of this...

And for the bolded part, if Peyton Manning is healthy, it is not logical to take a quarterback with the 1st pick. I don't see how people don't understand that fact. The value of the pick is the same whether you draft a quarterback or trade the pick, it's not like your losing anything. The difference is you won't feel the effects of drafting a quarterback until Peyton Manning retires, which could be at the end of his current contract, or whenever he wants to retire. That is 4 years down the road. You will feel the effects of having added several talented players to the team over the next 4 years and after that. I don't need a source to tell me that that is a fact.

1. Peyton Manning is not healthy. That has been documented. About the closet to someone saying he's healthy is Mort saying he's getting better and making progress.

2. Yes it is logical. Peyton Manning isn't going to play forever even if he does come back and he's still going to be 36 coming off four major neck surgries and based on reports is looking at a fifth one. Notice the Colts nor Manning shot that down as they have been quick to do when something has come out that isn't true in this. Odds are even if Peyton comes back and plays like Peyton Manning we aren't going to be in poistion like this get another QB when Manning is done and even if we are there is no promise that the kids coming out are going to be as good as Luck or RG3 look coming out of college. So while you might not agree with it don't say it's not logical because it is.

3. You have still yet to provide me with anyone who gets paid to know what is going on that agrees with you that the Colts are really thinking about trading this pick. I am not saying your theory doesn't have some merit to it. I am saying it's not going to happen. I am sure the Colts did sit down and think about trading the pick they have just decided against it and unless Luck or RG3 do something like blow out their knees between now and the draft they have decided they want one of the two QBs.

1. Peyton Manning is not healthy. That has been documented. About the closet to someone saying he's healthy is Mort saying he's getting better and making progress.

2. Yes it is logical. Peyton Manning isn't going to play forever even if he does come back and he's still going to be 36 coming off four major neck surgries and based on reports is looking at a fifth one. Notice the Colts nor Manning shot that down as they have been quick to do when something has come out that isn't true in this. Odds are even if Peyton comes back and plays like Peyton Manning we aren't going to be in poistion like this get another QB when Manning is done and even if we are there is no promise that the kids coming out are going to be as good as Luck or RG3 look coming out of college. So while you might not agree with it don't say it's not logical because it is.

3. You have still yet to provide me with anyone who gets paid to know what is going on that agrees with you that the Colts are really thinking about trading this pick. I am not saying your theory doesn't have some merit to it. I am saying it's not going to happen. I am sure the Colts did sit down and think about trading the pick they have just decided against it and unless Luck or RG3 do something like blow out their knees between now and the draft they have decided they want one of the two QBs.

We don't know how healthy Peyton Manning is, but I hope that he recovers fully. He is supposed too, but only the creator of the universe knows what will happen.

For #2, I guess we just see it differently. I did say if Peyton Manning is healthy right, so that means that drafting a quarterback is a waste until Peyton Manning retires. We may not be able to find a quarterback as good as Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III, we may be able to find one better, we just don't know. They are both very good, I haven't disputed that. But if we trade the pick, then those players that we would get for trading the pick added up together would be just as good as either one of them. They would help fill out the rest of the team, just like a quarterback would help to fill out a big part of the offense. If both sides turn out well, then it is more beneficial for us to trade the pick because the players we would get in a trade would play right away while the quarterback would have to wait until Peyton Manning retires.

If NFL executives are as smart as they are made out to be, then they should know that trading the pick is equal in value to keeping it. I don't have any sources saying anything about that, but you don't have concrete sources saying that the colts will not trade the pick. Anyways, people change their minds.

For #2, I guess we just see it differently. I did say if Peyton Manning is healthy right, so that means that drafting a quarterback is a waste until Peyton Manning retires. We may not be able to find a quarterback as good as Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III, we may be able to find one better, we just don't know. They are both very good, I haven't disputed that. But if we trade the pick, then those players that we would get for trading the pick added up together would be just as good as either one of them. They would help fill out the rest of the team, just like a quarterback would help to fill out a big part of the offense. If both sides turn out well, then it is more beneficial for us to trade the pick because the players we would get in a trade would play right away while the quarterback would have to wait until Peyton Manning retires.

I see where you're coming from. The only thing is, a QB makes the most difference in turning around an offense than one other single player. If you get a great WR and a great TE, a great RB, but a crappy QB, you'll never convert or move the ball, it's really that simple. It really was the situation for the Colts last year. It's their biggest hole, plus the uncertainty with Manning, and the fact that Luck is the most highly touted QB since Manning himself, it's just too much for them to pass up. The puzzle pieces fit too nicely. I'm not saying Luck can make this team go 10-6 next year, because I don't believe that. But it's the first giant step towards rebuilding an offense.

With Schaub last year, the Texans' offense averaged almost 30 points a game. When he went down, and then Leinart after, it averaged less than 20 under Yates. It's easy to see why it dropped off.

But in conclusion, like I said, the timing of all this makes me think (and many others) the Colts are going with luck.

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Peyton Manning's performance level is "way on the ascent from where it was two months ago or even a month ago."

Multiple doctors have led Mort to believe that Manning is healthy, "throwing the football well ... and not at risk." Mort's recent comments on Twitter suggest he's also been spoon-fed from the Manning camp. In fairness, though, he was among Manning's biggest skeptics following last offseason's neck surgeries. If these doctors' reports are factual, Manning may not have to wait until after the draft to gain full medical clearance and sign on the dotted line. Feb. 26 - 5:21 am et

Source: ESPN.com

Sounds like a positive opinion here, maybe Mort needs to check a few other sources.

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Peyton Manning's performance level is "way on the ascent from where it was two months ago or even a month ago."

Multiple doctors have led Mort to believe that Manning is healthy, "throwing the football well ... and not at risk." Mort's recent comments on Twitter suggest he's also been spoon-fed from the Manning camp. In fairness, though, he was among Manning's biggest skeptics following last offseason's neck surgeries. If these doctors' reports are factual, Manning may not have to wait until after the draft to gain full medical clearance and sign on the dotted line. Feb. 26 - 5:21 am et

Source: ESPN.com

Sounds like a positive opinion here, maybe Mort needs to check a few other sources.

Being way on the ascent is different from being healthy. I heard Mort today on the radio and Mort said Manning is making real progress which is what I said. When asked if he was back yet Mort said no but he thinks by the time training camp gets here Peyton should be good to go to throw then but no one knows for sure if he will have a set back and if the nerve will keep responding as well as it has or if it will platuo at some point.

The Colts don't have the time to wait till training camp to see before they have to decide if they are going to take a QB in the draft or not. I could see a way it's Peyton AND Luck or RG3 or just Luck or RG3. I do not and no one who gets paid to cover this, including Mort, sees away where it's just Peyton and another back up QB.

Being way on the ascent is different from being healthy. I heard Mort today on the radio and Mort said Manning is making real progress which is what I said. When asked if he was back yet Mort said no but he thinks by the time training camp gets here Peyton should be good to go to throw then but no one knows for sure if he will have a set back and if the nerve will keep responding as well as it has or if it will platuo at some point.

The Colts don't have the time to wait till training camp to see before they have to decide if they are going to take a QB in the draft or not. I could see a way it's Peyton AND Luck or RG3 or just Luck or RG3. I do not and no one who gets paid to cover this, including Mort, sees away where it's just Peyton and another back up QB.

No disagreement here, it's just your earlier post sounded much more negative than this one concerning PMs health. I agree about the first pick being a QB (probably Luck) and while "way on the ascent" doesn't mean game ready, it indicates a drastic improvement in key functions which is what the Colts will be looking for.

I see where you're coming from. The only thing is, a QB makes the most difference in turning around an offense than one other single player. If you get a great WR and a great TE, a great RB, but a crappy QB, you'll never convert or move the ball, it's really that simple. It really was the situation for the Colts last year. It's their biggest hole, plus the uncertainty with Manning, and the fact that Luck is the most highly touted QB since Manning himself, it's just too much for them to pass up. The puzzle pieces fit too nicely. I'm not saying Luck can make this team go 10-6 next year, because I don't believe that. But it's the first giant step towards rebuilding an offense.

With Schaub last year, the Texans' offense averaged almost 30 points a game. When he went down, and then Leinart after, it averaged less than 20 under Yates. It's easy to see why it dropped off.

But in conclusion, like I said, the timing of all this makes me think (and many others) the Colts are going with luck.

Oh, I was thinking more so on the defensive side of the ball. Likely, most of the early picks would be spent on defense. They don't need a quarterback to contribute so that way the defense will get some talented players. Same thing with offensive lineman, they don't depend on a quarterback as much as a WR or TE does.

I like the Texan's, but remember 2 years ago? One of the leagues best offenses with Matt Shaub at QB went 6-10 with one of the worst defenses. Compare that to this year. One of the leagues best defenses helped win the franchises first playoff game with a low scoring offense. They still had a good running game though.

QB is not a need for us...we have literally the greatest QB of ALL TIME on our roster. We should be looking to win now, not a guy who might start for us 5-6 years down the road. Personally, I think we should stay in the no.1 slot to choose Claiborne. Perhaps the greatest CB prospect of all time, a true beast. Our secondary is atrocious so it'd fill a need to. Trading down would be nice but we can't risk it since STL would gladly take him at 2.

Start 5-6 years down the road?!? Im just saying manning would be lucky to play 3 more years. And you are just the people who want instant satisfaction. Taking luck would take like 2-3 years to build up the team, get young, and develop luck. I would rather face 2-3 years of mediocredy then go the way of the bills and be in mediocredy for 7-10 years.

Start 5-6 years down the road?!? Im just saying manning would be lucky to play 3 more years. And you are just the people who want instant satisfaction. Taking luck would take like 2-3 years to build up the team, get young, and develop luck. I would rather face 2-3 years of mediocredy then go the way of the bills and be in mediocredy for 7-10 years.

So, since you like to use comparisons, what is the way of the Bills? Did they have a number 1 pick that they traded?

I would take those 7-10 years of mediocrity if we win the Superbowl in the next few years which we probably will if we keep (and play) Peyton.

To the backward for who says QB not need, Oh no?, so when Manning not reatined, same QB situation as this past season? of Course QB is a need, if one says no, then you can't have any logic to counter the saying we don't need one.

I'm impressed! That's pretty good for typing with your toes.

J/K ....no but seriously, what?

Before I post my reply, just know I am in no way trying to insult the intelligence of any Colts fan presently here, but half of what has been said so far is ridiculous. First off, when was the last time, if ever, a cornerback was taken #1 overall in the NFL Draft? Morris Claibourne is undoubtedly the best CB prospect of this year's draft class, but he is by no means, at ALL, the best CB prospect of all time. Patrick Peterson is considered a much better CB prospect than Claibourne. The only edge Claibourne has on Peterson is height, by a couple of inches, and generally regarded as a better man-coverage corner. I have no idea where you heard that Claibourne is the best CB prospect of all time, but think about that claim for a moment. You're accepting that he's going to be a better prospect than not only Patrick Peterson, but also guys like Darrelle Revis, Nnamdi Asomugha, Charles Woodson, and Deion Sanders. That in itself is insanity to claim.

Moving on to Trent Richardson...people, people, people. Richardson is a dynamic back, but let's not forget he also played behind a superior offensive line at Alabama, and correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they had THREE All-American offensive linemen, and one of their guards won the national Best Offensive Lineman award. The Colts are in the bottom tier in terms of how their offensive line ranks among the rest of the NFL. The only teams with probably worse offensive linemen are the Bears and Vikings. Drafting Richardson would only mean he'll have a lackluster to horrific career for his first few years until the Colts developed a bruteforce offensive line corp. This is why teams are beginning to shy away from drafting running backs in the 1st round until they're confident they have a good rushing attack.

Now for the most probable first overall pick the Colts will take, Andrew Luck. People, Luck is no Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell. He's a vastly superior player to both of them not just in terms of being a quarterback, but an overall athlete. He mastered a pro-style offense and called his own plays. He checks off receivers. He made decent receivers out of walk-on players for Stanford after his starting WR core was injury-ridden. Did any of you watch the NFL Combine? If you did, you'd know that Luck put up better stats than Cam Newton did at the Combine in '11. He ran a 4.59 40-yard dash, and the guy is 6'4, 225 lbs. I don't know why people keep ragging on his arm strength. Without even using his lower body for torque, Luck can throw a pass almost 50 yards, using his upper body strength only. Who cares if he can't throw a cannon shot like Stafford or Cutler? He has a quick release time that rivals that of Peyton, and pinpoint, on-the-numbers accuracy. I'll take quick release and accuracy with pretty good arm strength over great arm strength and mediocre release and accuracy. Not to mention arm strength is something that can be honed and improved over time.

Outside of our first pick, the Colts will need a 3-4 nose-tackle, preferrably Dontari Poe if he's available. For all we know, the Colts CB's could be great under Pagano's 3-4 defense. 3-4 schemes usually involve more man coverage, something which Jerraud Powers has shown he can excel at, and a mix of zone blitzes like the Steelers run, and generally allow for the safeties to be more versatile and roam the field more. Think about the number of defenses who currently run a 3-4 scheme. How many aren't considered a good defense? Maybe the Chiefs, and that's it. Every other 3-4 defense is in the upper half of the league in terms of ranking, most notably the Ravens, Texans, Steelers, 49ers and Chargers. Plus, look at how defenses have fared under every previous Raven's defensive coordinator who was given a head coaching job somewhere. They've been pretty good.

The media, the fans, and the general public need to stop sharing the mindset that the first overall pick of the draft has to play right away. Luck learning behind Peyton in Bruce Arians' offensive scheme, along with an aggressive 3-4 defense from a defensive-minded coach, coupled with a relatively easy schedule means the Colts could be a deadly team next year.

Before I post my reply, just know I am in no way trying to insult the intelligence of any Colts fan presently here, but half of what has been said so far is ridiculous. First off, when was the last time, if ever, a cornerback was taken #1 overall in the NFL Draft? Morris Claibourne is undoubtedly the best CB prospect of this year's draft class, but he is by no means, at ALL, the best CB prospect of all time. Patrick Peterson is considered a much better CB prospect than Claibourne. The only edge Claibourne has on Peterson is height, by a couple of inches, and generally regarded as a better man-coverage corner. I have no idea where you heard that Claibourne is the best CB prospect of all time, but think about that claim for a moment. You're accepting that he's going to be a better prospect than not only Patrick Peterson, but also guys like Darrelle Revis, Nnamdi Asomugha, Charles Woodson, and Deion Sanders. That in itself is insanity to claim.

Moving on to Trent Richardson...people, people, people. Richardson is a dynamic back, but let's not forget he also played behind a superior offensive line at Alabama, and correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they had THREE All-American offensive linemen, and one of their guards won the national Best Offensive Lineman award. The Colts are in the bottom tier in terms of how their offensive line ranks among the rest of the NFL. The only teams with probably worse offensive linemen are the Bears and Vikings. Drafting Richardson would only mean he'll have a lackluster to horrific career for his first few years until the Colts developed a bruteforce offensive line corp. This is why teams are beginning to shy away from drafting running backs in the 1st round until they're confident they have a good rushing attack.

Now for the most probable first overall pick the Colts will take, Andrew Luck. People, Luck is no Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell. He's a vastly superior player to both of them not just in terms of being a quarterback, but an overall athlete. He mastered a pro-style offense and called his own plays. He checks off receivers. He made decent receivers out of walk-on players for Stanford after his starting WR core was injury-ridden. Did any of you watch the NFL Combine? If you did, you'd know that Luck put up better stats than Cam Newton did at the Combine in '11. He ran a 4.59 40-yard dash, and the guy is 6'4, 225 lbs. I don't know why people keep ragging on his arm strength. Without even using his lower body for torque, Luck can throw a pass almost 50 yards, using his upper body strength only. Who cares if he can't throw a cannon shot like Stafford or Cutler? He has a quick release time that rivals that of Peyton, and pinpoint, on-the-numbers accuracy. I'll take quick release and accuracy with pretty good arm strength over great arm strength and mediocre release and accuracy. Not to mention arm strength is something that can be honed and improved over time.

Outside of our first pick, the Colts will need a 3-4 nose-tackle, preferrably Dontari Poe if he's available. For all we know, the Colts CB's could be great under Pagano's 3-4 defense. 3-4 schemes usually involve more man coverage, something which Jerraud Powers has shown he can excel at, and a mix of zone blitzes like the Steelers run, and generally allow for the safeties to be more versatile and roam the field more. Think about the number of defenses who currently run a 3-4 scheme. How many aren't considered a good defense? Maybe the Chiefs, and that's it. Every other 3-4 defense is in the upper half of the league in terms of ranking, most notably the Ravens, Texans, Steelers, 49ers and Chargers. Plus, look at how defenses have fared under every previous Raven's defensive coordinator who was given a head coaching job somewhere. They've been pretty good.

The media, the fans, and the general public need to stop sharing the mindset that the first overall pick of the draft has to play right away. Luck learning behind Peyton in Bruce Arians' offensive scheme, along with an aggressive 3-4 defense from a defensive-minded coach, coupled with a relatively easy schedule means the Colts could be a deadly team next year.

You are using an awful lot of logic in that post and thats something that some here have a lot of trouble with. Not trying to be rude to those posters, Im really not but reading some of the posts here, its obvious that logic has flew out the window quite a while ago because they are just being irrational. I agree with everything you said and it actually makes sense.

You are using an awful lot of logic in that post and thats something that some here have a lot of trouble with. Not trying to be rude to those posters, Im really not but reading some of the posts here, its obvious that logic has flew out the window quite a while ago because they are just being irrational. I agree with everything you said and it actually makes sense.

Yes, heaven forbid that anyone would not prostrate themselves by the side of the road laying palm branches for Andrew Luck to walk on.

Yes, heaven forbid that anyone would not prostrate themselves by the side of the road laying palm branches for Andrew Luck to walk on.

He also talked about how saying Claiborne is the best CB prospect of all time is complete nonsense and totally made up by whoever it was that posted that statement. It is completely untrue and ridiculous.

Then he explained why taking Richardson wouldn't be a smart move for the Colts. Not to mention RB's are a dime a dozen in the NFL and thats the reason why they are not valued very highly anymore like they use to be. RB is the most overrated position in all of football and teams have figured that out.

He also talked about getting a good 3-4 NT and Dontari Poe would be his 1st choice, but more than likely Poe worked himself into the 1st rd. after his monster showing at the combine.

But of course, you went directly to Luck and made it only about him. So like I said, irrational behavior, because people are so concerned that the Colts are going to hurt Manning's feelings. So they call Luck names or say he's overhyped(even though he deserves every bit of the hype he gets because of his desire and hard work). Anything to try to knock him down a notch because it somehow makes them feel better.

I would take those 7-10 years of mediocrity if we win the Superbowl in the next few years which we probably will if we keep (and play) Peyton.

Can someone please explain this to me? I continually see this getting brought up, over and over and over. If Peyton comes back we can win a SB in the next 3-4 years etc etc.

If Im not mistaken, Peytons been in the league 14 years, and has been to 2 Super Bowls. Winning one. So how is it we 'probably will' win the SB in 3 years, with a lesser team, an older QB etc etc?!? I don't understand this logic.

"Well, Peytons been to 2 Super Bowls in 14 years, so we can EASILY win another one at least in the next 3"...I just dont get it. ....

....No I don't think so. I don't know a whole lot about the late round prospects so I don't want to put a name out there. Russel Wilson is a late round prospect that might be a good pick.

You forgot Luck. Like him or not, he's gonna be on our roster. Not liking it won't stop this inevitability from occurring.

Can someone please explain this to me? I continually see this getting brought up, over and over and over. If Peyton comes back we can win a SB in the next 3-4 years etc etc.

If Im not mistaken, Peytons been in the league 14 years, and has been to 2 Super Bowls. Winning one. So how is it we 'probably will' win the SB in 3 years, with a lesser team, an older QB etc etc?!? I don't understand this logic.

"Well, Peytons been to 2 Super Bowls in 14 years, so we can EASILY win another one at least in the next 3"...I just dont get it. ....

exactly. this team is in shambles in almost every position. the only guys I trust right now are Bethea, Mathis/Freeney, Angerer, and Nevis when he is on the field. We are losing Wayne, might lose Garcon, concussion-collie still on the roster, Clark forgot how to catch the ball, the o-line can't stay healthy, and our secondary is disgusting (with the exception of Bethea).

we are gonna be a completely different team that went to the SB two years ago. can't stand people giving me this garbage "we are the SAME TEAM, just add Peyton back in the mix and we will have a 4 year superbowl dynasty!!!"

time to wake up and look really hard at our current roster. time to realize the Peyton Manning era is done in Indy. we are rebuilding from TOP TO BOTTOM. wake up people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, this makes me so mad at how blind some of you are. :flaming:

exactly. this team is in shambles in almost every position. the only guys I trust right now are Bethea, Mathis/Freeney, Angerer, and Nevis when he is on the field. We are losing Wayne, might lose Garcon, concussion-collie still on the roster, Clark forgot how to catch the ball, the o-line can't stay healthy, and our secondary is disgusting (with the exception of Bethea).

we are gonna be a completely different team that went to the SB two years ago. can't stand people giving me this garbage "we are the SAME TEAM, just add Peyton back in the mix and we will have a 4 year superbowl dynasty!!!"

time to wake up and look really hard at our current roster. time to realize the Peyton Manning era is done in Indy. we are rebuilding from TOP TO BOTTOM. wake up people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relax buddy.

Could we stop calling each other "blind" now, please?

I don't get it how people thinking Manning is the best choice makes them blind? What happened to this world where that could happen?

i just read this in brail and it's still garbage

can you explain to me your guarantee that drafting luck will make us great for the next 15 years? I just don't get it......

oh wait, you can't... but i'll bet you say he's the next best thing since Elway? is that all you got? He could also be Leaf, Klinger, Jeff blake, or david Carr.

lol, epic failure

you really just said nothing

said nothing? i called our roster terrible. you think its SB calibur. i don't know how i "said nothing"?

this isn't 2010. we limped into the PO's with that roster. 2012 roster will be very different from that year. what don't you get? what are you not comprehending? talk about epic failing. LOL at you.

can you explain to me your guarantee that drafting luck will make us great for the next 15 years? I just don't get it......

oh wait, you can't... but i'll bet you say he's the next best thing since Elway? is that all you got? He could also be Leaf, Klinger, Jeff blake, or david Carr.

Can you please explain to me where you get ths guarantee crap you keep attributing to me?