Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Will Play When Healthy

King Colt

18 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

He lied. It's pretty simple.  The Colts have been worried about fan apathy since last off season.  JMV has mentioned it several times on his show that it was a very big concern of the Colts.  Coming out and saying Luck might miss the entire season would have been bad for the Colts, so of course Irsay misled. Even if we make the argument that they truly thought Luck would be back, then you have to accept that Luck has had likely at least 2 setbacks. JMV claims he had one in the late summer. Irsay has said no setbacks all along. Again, misleading.  Irsay said Luck was "healing tremendously".  So if thats the case, and there had been no setbacks, whats the issue?

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

Actually, Irsay sounded very confident Luck would start the season as late as March 28:

And then on August 13, he backpedaled a bit, but still said Luck was throwing would ready for the beginning of the season, which most people would agree would take to mean the first few weeks of the season:

And then on September 2nd, he still wouldn't rule Luck out for week 1:

I know "hoping" isn't the same thing as saying he will play. But when you know a player won't play, it's a bit silly to say what he said. And the March and August quotes are much more confident than the "no timeline" mantra.

I agree that Irsay's optimism is a big driver for these quotes (that's just who he is)...however I do feel that his comments have also been somewhat calculated.

my guess is that it'll come out later on, that Luck has had a few set backs.  If he's still getting cortozone shots this deep into the recovery, he's had some set backs.  Now, define a set back, is it re-injurying the shoulder and needing another surgery?  Is it just soreness and inflammation? Is it Luck not feeling well after throwing? Any and all of those to me are setbacks to some degree.  Now to the Colts, they may only consider a set back if it requires additional repair. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Old Colt said:

Luck has had a total of 4 practices, with the Scout team and limited reps even there.  I wouldn't say he has really "Practiced" and after this limited work, he has to be put back on the sideline.  Not a good sign...  :(

Practice is practice. You can qualify it all you want, but in October 2011, Manning was still wearing a neck brace, not throwing the ball 40 yards down the field. 

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

If he's still getting cortozone shots this deep into the recovery, he's had some set backs. 

That's another leap that I don't agree with.

Inflammation in your throwing shoulder is typical for anyone who is significantly increasing their activity level. Luck hadn't throw in 6-7 months, then ramped up his throwing levels pretty drastically in the course of a few weeks. The tissues are tight, and will need to be stretched out over time. Soreness is to be expected.

And a cortisone shot just relieves inflammation. It's basic routine. Calm down the inflammation, make sure he has full range of motion without pain, and get him back on the throwing routine.

Again, he's a QB who had his throwing shoulder surgically repaired. It's a 6-9 month recovery. He's at 9 months right now.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

Inflammation in your throwing shoulder is typical for anyone who is significantly increasing their activity level. Luck hadn't throw in 6-7 months, then ramped up his throwing levels pretty drastically in the course of a few weeks. The tissues are tight, and will need to be stretched out over time. Soreness is to be expected.

And a cortisone shot just relieves inflammation. It's basic routine. Calm down the inflammation, make sure he has full range of motion without pain, and get him back on the throwing routine.

Again, he's a QB who had his throwing shoulder surgically repaired. It's a 6-9 month recovery. He's at 9 months right now.

A shot is fine.  If it's multiple, that's a different story. I know from experience that after  about 3, the doctors start looking at the repair and making sure it has set right.  That's my concern.  Now if it's only one, thats normal. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

A shot is fine.  If it's multiple, that's a different story. I know from experience that after  about 3, the doctors start looking at the repair and making sure it has set right.  That's my concern.  Now if it's only one, thats normal. 

I think Ballard called it a setback. But they came right out and said what was going on. I would be surprised to find out that he's had cortisone shots before now, since they've restricted his throwing.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2727261-andrew-luck-could-start-colts-season-opener-vs-rams-says-jim-irsay

thats from August.  There is no might he said he would be ready for the start of the season.  He’s the owner talking to the media.  That’s official.  Even before his setback he was not going to be ready for the start of the season.  He didn’t tell the truth.  Is it the end of the world?  No but let’s not pretend or try to excuse away it happening,  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2727261-andrew-luck-could-start-colts-season-opener-vs-rams-says-jim-irsay

He also said it after the first pre-season game and got everyone’s hopes up.  He started this.  With that said it’s not the end of the world.  It’s just supports my point that sometimes you have to take what the Colts, in particular Jim Irsay, say with a grain of salt.  

Actually, Irsay sounded very confident Luck would start the season as late as March 28:

And then on August 13, he backpedaled a bit, but still said Luck was throwing would ready for the beginning of the season, which most people would agree would take to mean the first few weeks of the season:

I know "hoping" isn't the same thing as saying he will play. But when you know a player won't play, it's a bit silly to say what he said. And the March and August quotes are much more confident than the "no timeline" mantra.

I agree that Irsay's optimism is a big driver for these quotes (that's just who he is)...however I do feel that his comments have also been somewhat calculated.

Irsay mid August-

"I can't say that Luck will be ready for the Rams game, but he will be ready for the start of the season,"

August 31, Irsay says -

"the odds are most likely" that quarterback Andrew Luck will not play in the team's season opener Sept. 10 against the Rams, according to Zak Keefer of The Indianapolis Star.

Now he also did say at some point they still hadn't ruled it out, but that is cow chips.  We already knew (medical field peeps at least) there was no way Luck would come off the PUP and play straight away.

No flat out promises there, but I admit there were was a Rainbow, butterfly, unicorn, kitten window dressing on Irsays verbiage.  OTOH, there was always much better, and true information on Luck out there.  And I tried to report it to largely deaf ears all summer and fall.  To wit:

Article from Dr. Chao, also mid August-

"While Luck is undoubtedly doing everything he can to play Sept. 10 against the Rams, time is simply running out.

Colts owner Jim Irsay acknowledged Sunday that it is not certain Luck will be ready for the season opener. Luck has been throwing, but not in practice. That is a vast difference. ...  Given that all along it has been known recovery from his surgery usually involves six weeks of throwing before being ready to actually play in a game, the fact Luck has not thrown in practice to this point makes it more likely Scott Tolzien is starting for the Colts in Week 1. "

Who is the doctor here, and who is the Chief Brand Leader above?  Who do you trust to give you accurate injury information? Dr Chao has been updating his take on Luck about every 3 weeks or so, or when new medical info hits the public.

I feel no sympathy for those that listen and believe in  Irsay, Pagano, or any other team rep in any Colts Player injury information dissemination beyond what the NFL requires them to be honest on.   Read this article on how all teams lie concerning injuries (most of the time without violating NFL requirements) and learn-

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-nfl-coaches-injuries-lie-20170831-story.html

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Irsay mid August-

"I can't say that Luck will be ready for the Rams game, but he will be ready for the start of the season,"

August 31, Irsay says -

"the odds are most likely" that quarterback Andrew Luck will not play in the team's season opener Sept. 10 against the Rams, according to Zak Keefer of The Indianapolis Star.

Now he also did say at some point they still hadn't ruled it out, but that is cow chips.  We already knew (medical field peeps at least) there was no way Luck would come off the PUP and play straight away.

No flat out promises there, but I admit there were was a Rainbow, unicorn, butterfly kitten window dressing on Irsays verbiage.  OTOH, there was always much better, and true information on Luck out there.  And I tried to report it to largely deaf ears all summer and fall.  To wit:

Article from Dr. Chao, also mid August-

"While Luck is undoubtedly doing everything he can to play Sept. 10 against the Rams, time is simply running out.

Colts owner Jim Irsay acknowledged Sunday that it is not certain Luck will be ready for the season opener. Luck has been throwing, but not in practice. That is a vast difference. ...  Given that all along it has been known recovery from his surgery usually involves six weeks of throwing before being ready to actually play in a game, the fact Luck has not thrown in practice to this point makes it more likely Scott Tolzien is starting for the Colts in Week 1. "

Who is the doctor here, and who is the Chief Brand Leader above?  Who do you trust to give you accurate injury information? Dr Chao has been updating his take on Luck about every 3 weeks or so, or when new medical info hits the public.

I feel no sympathy for those that listen and believe in  Irsay, Pagano, or any other team rep in any Colts Player injury information dissemination beyond what the NFL requires them to be honest on.   Read this article on how all teams lie concerning injuries (most of the time without violating NFL requirements) and learn-

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-nfl-coaches-injuries-lie-20170831-story.html

He will be ready for the start of the season is a promise.

He also said it after the first pre-season game and got everyone’s hopes up.  He started this.  With that said it’s not the end of the world.  It’s just supports my point that sometimes you have to take what the Colts, in particular Jim Irsay, say with a grain of salt.  

March was still too early to take anything seriously, IMO.

And I guess I just brushed off what Irsay said in preseason as being salesmanship. I found his comments to be entirely noncommittal, and didn't take them as a reflection of Luck's status. The fact that Luck wasn't practicing yet was way more indicative of his status, and when you add in the fact that Ballard said 'he needs to practice before he plays,' we all knew Luck wasn't going to be ready for Week 1. 

"Calculated" is a fair term. 

29 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He will be ready for the start of the season is a promise.

Id' like to ask him, what does ready mean?  To practice (remember, he was on PUP!) or start a game?

Define start of the season?  Your definition, and what he meant?

No question his homerism and medical information interpretation overestimated Luck's reappearance.  But now maybe folks will learn there are other ways to get information that ids more accurate than what the owner/team will offer up.

Now I thought, until Luck suffered soreness and needed cortisone, myself thought he would possibly be starting this Bengals game (with hopes of making the Jags game), until he never made 3 straight weeks full practice (not even 1 TBH.  But in this profession, there are no guarantees in rehab recovery and I knew this was a possibility.  that is why my position has been and will be, Luck will be ready to play after 3 straight weeks of full participation in practice. (Dr. Chao says 4, but I'm even more an optimist than he, LOL!!)

16 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

If Luck suffers another setback in a few weeks when his workload increases (like last time), he might miss all of the games this season. However, if he does (by any method, by resting a medically cleared and well practiced QB, or because their is another medical delay in his practice progress) not play, then it is  neither good for him or the Colts preparation for 2018.  Having to knock off a ton of rust on a rebuilt should that has not been tested in action, and has not (for the most part) been practicing or having played in a game for over a year and a half is not an ideal scenario by any stretch of the imagination. 

I would prefer him to get his bearings in a few late games before shutting down again for the winter. And he and the Colts will have a better idea how to begin 2018 when allowed to do so again.

except we put him out there behind a line that just gave up 10 sacks cause they suck that bad he gets hurt again and that would probably end him this time when we are not gonna be in contention anyways it would be by far the dumbest thing the colts could do at this point.

11 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Because he is our starting QB and is paid very well to be the starting QB.

Plus we need to see how well the surgery went and what direction to go knowing one way or another.

Not calling you stupid but that was a pretty stupid question and real easy to answer.

No what would be stupid is you put him out there for meaningless games that would be the stupidest thing of all time for this team to do.

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

No.  It's actually smart.  I look at it this way, back in 2011, they were caught off guard by Peyton's surgery and recovery period.  The biggest reason they moved on from Peyton is that they had no idea if he'd ever return to his previous self, admitted by both parties.  I don't think Irsay wants to find himself in that situation EVER again.  So IF Luck gets medically cleared to play this year, he will play.  It is not about meaningless games, its about seeing if the franchise QB is still a franchise QB and with having a high draft pick, you need to know IF you need to consider looking at a new QB for the future.

On another note, you also want to show any potential big name head coach prospects that they have the Andrew Luck that was touted to be the next John Elway/Peyton Manning or if they will have to deal with a rookie QB or at worse, a limited Luck.  

So there is still some meaning to those games, even if its not about the W/L at the end of the day.  

I'm sorry but no meaningless and if he gets hurt again he is probably finished.

45 minutes ago, Superman said:

:thmup:   I recently became aware Lucks repair was posterior.  Most Labrum repairs (around 95%) are anterior or superior.  The posterior repair is more difficult to recover/rehab from.  I probably would have been leaning more toward 9 months from the outset.

10 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

except we put him out there behind a line that just gave up 10 sacks cause they suck that bad he gets hurt again and that would probably end him this time when we are not gonna be in contention anyways it would be by far the dumbest thing the colts could do at this point.

I disagree.  I bet the Colts and Luck himself do as well.  But you are entitled to be wrong.... I mean, have an opinion.

8 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

No what would be stupid is you put him out there for meaningless games that would be the stupidest thing of all time for this team to do.

There is a lot to be gained, and it has nothing to do with wins/losses or stats.

27 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Id' like to ask him, what does ready mean?  To practice (remember, he was on PUP!) or start a game?

Yeah, there's a discrepancy between the general interpretation of Irsay's comment and what (I believe) Irsay meant. At face value, his comment is conflicting, at best. I don't understand taking that comment to mean Luck would be ready to play in Week 1. 

15 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

So if you can't throw, you surely are not lifting the weights required to build the muscles to survive the hits.

That's another leap that defies logic.

Lifting weights and throwing footballs are two entirely different things. You can be going hard in the weight room and still experience soreness/inflammation when you increase the intensity or frequency of a specific motion. Especially when that motion relies heavily on a surgically repaired joint.

18 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

So then never let him play again.

When the docs say he's ready to go, and he looks good in practice, and doesn't have any significant issues with his shoulder, he should play. 

36 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

:facepalm:

I guess we should wrap him in a bubble and just let him ride out till retirement without ever playing another game then. 

I'm indifferent on the situation.  The main problem is that if he comes back, the line doesn't seem really capable of protecting him.  Not only that, the offensive scheme still relies on long developing routes and heavy drop backs.  While I think that Luck is substantially better than Brissett, it wouldn't surprise me if he still gets sacked 3 times on average per game IF he comes back.  Coming off a shoulder injury that is something that wouldn't be good.  I would expect to see a more aware Luck, quicker passes ect but at the same time maybe not because he's one of the best QBs in the league at extending plays.  

In other words!

ZPtVsVn.jpg

1 hour ago, Superman said:

A lot of people miss the fact that Manning had spinal fusion in September, which is the operation he had been hoping to avoid all along. After weeks of little to no progress, he suffered another herniated disc, then had the fusion. The team announced he was shut down right then and there.

Irsay's comments prior to that went out the window, as they should have.

True...they become irrelevant to Manning playing that season. But they are relevant to the converstion of Irsay's propensity to make calculated comments.

Manning did so everything he could to avoid that surgery. But I will contend (knowing many will disagree) that, at that point in late July, they all knew it was inevitable (they being Irsay, Manning and Condon). The setback at the beginning of TC was a conventient cover for the fact that the two May surgeries had failed and he still couldn't throw a football.

EVERYTHING in this thread is basically speculation. Nobody knows when Luck will play. Nobody knows how Luck will perform when he comes back. It doesn't matter what this guy did or that guy did. Move on from the Luck injury until you see him suited up for a real game. I know he is the only player getting this fan base excited but don't get your hopes up. Just pretend that he's never coming back and if he does, GREAT!

Basically, you have to assume everything Irsay says about Luck is a lie. He's running a business, and it's all deception. Deceiving teams into possibly preparing for him, deceiving fans into buying tickets and merchandise. Irsay is a 100% liar until proven otherwise from now on to me.

40 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

But I will contend (knowing many will disagree) that, at that point in late July, they all knew it was inevitable (they being Irsay, Manning and Condon). The setback at the beginning of TC was a conventient cover for the fact that the two May surgeries had failed and he still couldn't throw a football.

I disagree. He suffered another herniated disc in September, which is when he decided to have the fusion. That changed everything.

Before that, they had their fingers crossed that he'd recover and get on the field soon, but I don't think he was making significant progress. Even still, the herniated disc was the watershed moment.

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

I disagree. He suffered another herniated disc in September, which is when he decided to have the fusion. That changed everything.

Before that, they had their fingers crossed that he'd recover and get on the field soon, but I don't think he was making significant progress. Even still, the herniated disc was the watershed moment.

That was one hell of a "hail mary" then (pun intended). Manning couldn't even throw a football and he had a tingling sensation in his arm. WaPo published an incredibly insightful article that chronicles that whole year. 

I will concede that maybe they didn't know that fusion surgery was inevitable, but I am sure in the multitude of treatments and opinions he got that it was discussed as a (more permanent) option. 

But we should (by now) accept that they all knew he couldn't throw. Condon wouldn't even comment on his rehab and Manning was staying out of the public eye on purpose. Irsay was the only one making comments about him...and they were very calculated.

Then Manning was put on PUP at the beginning of TC and wasn't activated until right before the deadline for regular season PUP. But before activating him, they conveniently signed Collins a few days earlier. And then his "setback" occurred about a week after being activated. To me, it seemed contrived and I think they knew he wasn't going to be playing...at least any time soon. So after this setback could have been when Manning decided to have that fusion surgery...but he wasn't close to playing before it.

On another note, and I might have said this before, but I do 100% believe that Manning engineered his way out of Indy...and I think Irsay was on board. I think Manning wanted to cement his legacy and he thought an aging expensive roster that was devoid of young talent was not going to give him that chance.  I think Irsay also knew it was time to rebuild as well (and he has comments from before that time that speak to this...not to mention they nearly drafted Dalton in the 2011 draft). So I think it was an amicable separation (despite the public comments made the following spring). 

Manning (and Condon) insisted on putting a massive roster bonus in his contract, which conveniently was due BEFORE the end of the league season...which meant the Colts couldn't go into the following league year with him on the roster without exercising it...which would be a risk with an aging QB regardless (let alone one that might not be able to throw or was coming off injury). And it also guaranteed they couldn't trade him without exercising it (which no team could afford to do)...so it also allowed him to choose his next team in FA if he could actually keep playing. Ultimately, it was a poison pill in his contract that gave Manning an out to leave the Colts in a mostly amicable fashion...which benefited Irsay as well.  

I am not a conspiracy theorist by nature (though I am being one here)...and I admit there is a lot of speculation and connecting the dots in there. But I think it's fair to say the whole Manning situation was questionable at best...and played out almost too well. So this is the conclusion I have reached based on the information we have.

The Luck situation is also becoming very questionable. But obviously the situation is very different...and I really have no idea how it's going to play out. Luck could have a had setback and is recovering....Luck could have had another secret surgery...Luck's career could be in jeopardy and they are throwing another hail mary hoping his shoulder will magically mend...Luck could be healthy and they are keeping him out...or they could just be practicing extra caution. Some of these are not likely...but none of them would surprise me TBH.

6 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

:thmup:   I recently became aware Lucks repair was posterior.  Most Labrum repairs (around 95%) are anterior or superior.  The posterior repair is more difficult to recover/rehab from.  I probably would have been leaning more toward 9 months from the outset.

I disagree.  I bet the Colts and Luck himself do as well.  But you are entitled to be wrong.... I mean, have an opinion.

There is a lot to be gained, and it has nothing to do with wins/losses or stats.

Well we are going to agree to disagree but that is my view on this matter and I'm staying with it.

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

:facepalm:

I guess we should wrap him in a bubble and just let him ride out till retirement without ever playing another game then. 

I'm just saying say he returns in December and we have a losing record what is the point by putting him out there all that might happen by putting him out there is it screws us out of that high draft pick we need.

37 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I'm just saying say he returns in December and we have a losing record what is the point by putting him out there all that might happen by putting him out there is it screws us out of that high draft pick we need.

We're picking top 10 with or without Luck by that point

7 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

No question his homerism and medical information interpretation overestimated Luck's reappearance.  But now maybe folks will learn there are other ways to get information that ids more accurate than what the owner/team will offer up.

Now I thought, until Luck suffered soreness and needed cortisone, myself thought he would possibly be starting this Bengals game (with hopes of making the Jags game), until he never made 3 straight weeks full practice (not even 1 TBH.  But in this profession, there are no guarantees in rehab recovery and I knew this was a possibility.  that is why my position has been and will be, Luck will be ready to play after 3 straight weeks of full participation in practice. (Dr. Chao says 4, but I'm even more an optimist than he, LOL!!)

Irsay was being asked about Luck playing which is why he said he might not be read for the Rams game but then said he would be ready for the start of the season.  He wasn't talking about practice he was talking about playing in a game.  The man either didn't tell the truth or something changed that they didn't tell the public about it.  Given the amount of leaks that have come out about Luck's injury status I don't think it was the latter.  It's not the first time Irsay has been less than 100% honest about his franchise QB.  Which takes me back to my point, you have to take what Irsay says with a grain of salt.  

7 hours ago, Superman said:

March was still too early to take anything seriously, IMO.

And I guess I just brushed off what Irsay said in preseason as being salesmanship. I found his comments to be entirely noncommittal, and didn't take them as a reflection of Luck's status. The fact that Luck wasn't practicing yet was way more indicative of his status, and when you add in the fact that Ballard said 'he needs to practice before he plays,' we all knew Luck wasn't going to be ready for Week 1. 

"Calculated" is a fair term. 

Him saying he will be ready for the start of the season is very much a reflection of Luck's status.  It wasn't true IMO, but what Irsay said was very much a commitment on when Luck would play, the start of the season.  

With that said though your first part is exactly what I am talking about you heard what Irsay said and then looked at what Luck wasn't doing in this case and just brushed them off, IE you took them with a grain of salt.  Not everyone does that, in fact I would say most don't and those that don't are going to be jaded when the Owner says something like that and then it doesn't happen especially when you would add in his commitments about Peyton at times in 2011 and people look at Jim and go he's a liar.  Does that matter?  Not really like I said before they owe us nothing more than to say the odds of someone playing that week and what part of his body is hurt.  

Him saying he will be ready for the start of the season is very much a reflection of Luck's status.  It wasn't true IMO, but what Irsay said was very much a commitment on when Luck would play, the start of the season.  

With that said though your first part is exactly what I am talking about you heard what Irsay said and then looked at what Luck wasn't doing in this case and just brushed them off, IE you took them with a grain of salt.  Not everyone does that, in fact I would say most don't and those that don't are going to be jaded when the Owner says something like that and then it doesn't happen especially when you would add in his commitments about Peyton at times in 2011 and people look at Jim and go he's a liar.  Does that matter?  Not really like I said before they owe us nothing more than to say the odds of someone playing that week and what part of his body is hurt.  

Irsay was just being an optimist and made a mistake. When you are vague most anyone can come to their own conclusions when something is said. Pretty much all owners and GMs are vague when it comes to talking or discussing injuries.

23 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Irsay was just being an optimist and made a mistake. When you are vague most anyone can come to their own conclusions when something is said. Pretty much all owners and GMs are vague when it comes to talking or discussing injuries.

Saying he will play when healthy is being vague saying he will play at the start of the season is not.  Had Irsay just said he’ll play when healthy from the start that would have been better.  Still he didn’t so he set expectations that weren’t met.  

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Saying he will play when healthy is being vague saying he will play at the start of the season is not.  Had Irsay just said he’ll play when healthy from the start that would have been better.  Still he didn’t so he set expectations that weren’t met.  

Irsay is not a doctor. I understand what he said was wrong but what you gonna do? What's anyone gonna do? Nothing but make an issue out of it and move on. This has been gone over every since week one. There have been many threads about it. How many different ways are there to say the same thing over and over?

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Irsay is not a doctor. I understand what he said was wrong but what you gonna do? What's anyone gonna do? Nothing but make an issue out of it and move on. This has been gone over every since week one. There have been many threads about it. How many different ways are there to say the same thing over and over?

Like I’ve said many times it’s not a big deal.  I’ve also said let’s not try to pretend or excuse away him saying it.  He said it, it raised expectations that weren’t met and a lot of people got upset and don’t trust him.  That’s what happened.  Like I keep saying it just means people need to take what Irsay and the Colts say with a grain of salt.  Back to my first point the key words this time was when healthy so people shouldn’t just assume them saying Luck will play when healthy means he will play this year.  They have given themselves an out if he doesn’t play, he wasn’t healthy.  

With that said if he is he is healthy I do believe he’s going to play.  

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Like I’ve said many times it’s not a big deal.  I’ve also said let’s not try to pretend or excuse away him saying it.  He said it, it raised expectations that weren’t met and a lot of people got upset and don’t trust him.  That’s what happened.  Like I keep saying it just means people need to take what Irsay and the Colts say with a grain of salt.  Back to my first point the key words this time was when healthy so people shouldn’t just assume them saying Luck will play when healthy means he will play this year.  They have given themselves an out if he doesn’t play, he wasn’t healthy.  

With that said if he is he is healthy I do believe he’s going to play.  

Maybe Irsay was meaning the start of Luck's season? -omg-

8 hours ago, Mick12Maher said:

EVERYTHING in this thread is basically speculation. Nobody knows when Luck will play. Nobody knows how Luck will perform when he comes back. It doesn't matter what this guy did or that guy did. Move on from the Luck injury until you see him suited up for a real game. I know he is the only player getting this fan base excited but don't get your hopes up. Just pretend that he's never coming back and if he does, GREAT!

Yes, it is.  let me ask you this... does Luck's surgeon k now? Does the Colts team physician know?  does the

Colts Athletic trainer know?  Now, do they have a projected date in mind if he progresses through the program?

Lucks type of injury is harder to pinpoint a healed date than a broken collar bone, yes.  But anticipated recovery dates are not completely out of the question. 

And we can speculate and discuss.  I will say some can speculate with a more 'educated' guesstimate' than others....