Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaworski Dumped From Monday Night Football..... Hey Peyton!

pacolts56

ESPN has dropped Ron Jaworski from its Monday Night Football broadcast team and he's being reassigned to other duties at the network.

http://www.nytimes.c...n-jaworski.html

Many folks have long thought that after his career is over that Peyton Manning would do a great job as a game analyst.

If this neck/nerve problem doesn't pan out.... its a plum job and he'd be great at it. And it may well be time.

Thoughts?

ESPN has dropped Ron Jaworski from its Monday Night Football broadcast team and he's being reassigned to other duties at the network.

Many folks have long thought that after his career is over that Peyton Manning would do a great job as a game analyst.

If this neck/nerve problem doesn't pan out.... its a plum job and he'd be great at it. And it may well be time.

Thoughts?

Then he would have to work for ESPN?

How ironic. He would be calling Schefter a colleague.

Thoughts?

Petyon Manning has more $$$$ than GOD... He will be an OWNER... of a team soon. He will not coach, he will not be a talking head....

Thoughts?

Jaws had a great run. He works the preseason games in Philly and I am sure he will still have a national presence. I can see why it was time to move on. It happens.

Petyon Manning has more $$$$ than GOD... He will be an OWNER... of a team soon. He will not coach, he will not be a talking head....

He may not coach but he doesn't have that much money. If you took Mannings average earnings over the last 5 years, he would have to maintain that earning level for about the next 400 years without spending a dime to match the Bill Gates' net worth right now.

He may not coach but he doesn't have that much money. If you took Mannings average earnings over the last 5 years, he would have to maintain that earning level for about the next 400 years without spending a dime to match the Bill Gates' net worth right now.

I believe he is exaggerating for effect...

also, in those "average earnings" are you accounting for the endless commercials and endorsements he has done and will continue to do? If so I would be shocked that those numbers are public... We have always assumed Manning makes more or equal too in commercials and endorsements...

I believe he is exaggerating for effect...

Really? Wow, I didn't know
also, in those "average earnings" are you accounting for the endless commercials and endorsements he has done and will continue to do?
It's an estimate
If so I would be shocked that those numbers are public... We have always assumed Manning makes more or equal too in commercials and endorsements...

I'm guessing that often you get accused of taking things way to seriously.

Really? Wow, I didn't know

It's an estimate

I'm guessing that often you get accused of taking things way to seriously.

If you have no idea then perhaps you should just keep those numbers to yourself and not respond to that poster.

Also I come on this forum for serious football discussion, I get enough of the social sarcasm you seem to love on a daily basis I don't need to go online for that...

Oh good lord man.... Peyton Manning is worth at "LEAST" 200m .... factor into his future earning potential and Peyton is a "heavy hitter" That's just off the top of my nugget.

Comparing Gates to "any" jock is .... silly...

Bill Gates HAS more money than GOD.

Chevy Chase, Steve Martin and Manning should team up for "The Return of the Three Amigos". Manning is a natural born kidder and joker and if you saw him on Saturday Night Live my idea is not such a bad one!!

No Martin Short love? He has some of the best lines in that movie.

If you have no idea then perhaps you should just keep those numbers to yourself and not respond to that poster.

Why? My estimate is no difference than you comment, " We have always assumed Manning makes more or equal too in commercials and endorsements...
Also I come on this forum for serious football discussion, I get enough of the social sarcasm you seem to love on a daily basis I don't need to go online for that...

That's actually laughable. 1) The most recent serious football discussion on this board was Football 101 started by Warhouse, you were not anywhere on that. 2) If that were true why did you reply to my post?

Oh good lord man.... Peyton Manning is worth at "LEAST" 200m .... factor into his future earning potential and Peyton is a "heavy hitter" That's just off the top of my nugget.

Comparing Gates to "any" jock is .... silly...

Bill Gates HAS more money than GOD.

Some of you posters are way too sensitive. Does no one remember the thing going around with Jordan when he retired it broke down his net worth into seconds, compared it to a bunch of activities (like it would cost him $200 to play a round of golf but he will earn $33,000 while playing the round). And then at the end it says Jordan would have to save every penny and earn the same amount every year for the next 430 years to equal Gates?

It was a knock-off of that. It was used by teachers every where to show kids that their minds can earn them a lot more money than being a professional athlete.

What? I love him!

LOL.... I'm a Berman fan too Maureen.

But I can't help laughing at the thought of what you'd have done to him if he were a Forum member and lost his cool here like he did in that profanity-laced ABC half time meltdown. And I won't post the video here..... I'll just let folks who've never seen it go to you tube.

One would have to believe in reincarnation to cover the several lifetimes ban you mods would have had to slap him with. ;)

LOL.... I'm a Berman fan too Maureen.

But I can't help laughing at the thought of what you'd have done to him if he were a Forum member and lost his cool here like he did in that profanity-laced ABC half time meltdown. And I won't post the video here..... I'll just let folks who've never seen it go to you tube.

One would have to believe in reincarnation to cover the several lifetimes ban you mods would have had to slap him with. ;)

I have often thought that some of these sports guys should be suspended for spreading baseless rumors!

Berman is FUNNY! I didn't see that melt down. Hard for me to imagine

I look forward to this commercial because he's in it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-b4x0mGPIc

In every spots broadcasting booth, 3 personalities exist: The NFL guru, the sponsorship read the commercial script guy, & the "Jon Madden/Village *" guy that states the obvious & acts like they told you something really deep, knowledable, & profound about the last play.

Toreko=script sponsorship guy, Gruden=NFL guru, & Village *=Jawarski.

Jaws swearing on that play clip makes me like him more now. It has an everyman, blue collar feel to it in my humble opinion.

All money is God's and we are allowed to use some of it. Peyton will be an analyst on TV with the possibility of becoming an owner down the road. He will positively, absolutely, beyond a shadow of doubt, with 100% certainty be a football commentator after he retires..