Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dreaming? Or ....

XxGoosexX

Does anyone look at our roster? If so maybe you can see pretty much the same thing... Ballard has done a great job! We have a great 53 man roster right? Real play makers. Young and learning everyday and looking better every week. Now take a look at our daily list of guys that can't practice or play the next game. Man... what a list! We have had 5, 7 or maybe 8 guys on there all season. Some of the best  play makers from our roster. No matter if they was on the roster last year or who picked them, it was Ballard that didn't trade, waiver or cut them. This is Ballard's team as far as I'm concerned.

Now with that being said, I read a lot of this forum, and no matter what the topic, There is always a Pagano debate and there is alway a sit luck even if healthy debate. 

As far as Chuck Pagano...  well it would be nice if he could use the whole 53 man roster and show off what Ballard has given him.  There will always be some head-scathing calls from the sidelines, we all know that... is there better coaches out there? yes there is, there is also worse... he is what we have this year plain and simple. It's his job on the line not mine. I hope he does a good enough job to keep it to be honest. Because I'm still hoping for a good season, yes even after going 1-2. Our guys are healing and getting better every week, I think if Pagano had the whole roster to work with,  there might be less debate?? 

Sit a healthy Andrew Luck... 

No way, never, no how!! Everyone that wants to sit a healthy Luck might be crazy or jus not thinking right. You want all 52 of our other players to go out there and do the best job, busting their *'s while there fearless leader sits on the bench so he won't get hurt?? You want Andrew healthy for next year? So do I!! What about this year?? I want him on the field with the other 52 guys (some of these guys won't be here next year) and do what he does best, play football! I'm more of a let's see what we can get done this year and worry about next year, next year.. 

I have great hopes for Ballards decision making, if he wants to keep Pagano or let him go.. I'm excited to see how he does next free agency and how he drafts. Ballard is the one I'm behind... I'm not giving up on this year! I think we'll be even better next year. 

Go Colts! 

Kinda like with Trump, I hope the best for Pagano and that he figures it out. As an American, I want the best for our president no matter who it is and the same with our coaching staff. I think changes need to and will probably be made, but miracles happen, and with the best of our best in the game come a few weeks, maybe we start taking wins. Big time. Seattle is winnable to me considering our defense is coming along and offense picking up the pace with Brissett, who isn't afraid to make passes deeper than 5 yards. With Seattles offensive line struggles, I could see maybe a 4-5 sack game and some turnovers. We just need to capitalize and protect the football. The sooner our guys take the crowd out of the game, the better our chances will be. 

A lot of fans will be watching since it's SNF, can't wait to see what we got!

Go Colts! :colts:

12 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Kinda like with Trump, I hope the best for Pagano and that he figures it out. As an American, I want the best for our president no matter who it is and the same with our coaching staff. I think changes need to and will probably be made, but miracles happen, and with the best of our best in the game come a few weeks, maybe we start taking wins. Big time. Seattle is winnable to me considering our defense is coming along and offense picking up the pace with Brissett, who isn't afraid to make passes deeper than 5 yards. With Seattles offensive line struggles, I could see maybe a 4-5 sack game and some turnovers. We just need to capitalize and protect the football. The sooner our guys take the crowd out of the game, the better our chances will be. 

A lot of fans will be watching since it's SNF, can't wait to see what we got!

Go Colts! :colts:

Not getting to deep into politics here, I'm not on either side of the fence.  But starting off your point on a football forum with a comparison to the president discredits everything else in your post. Just my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, Vinatieri4 said:

Not getting to deep into politics here, I'm not on either side of the fence.  But starting off your point on a football forum with a comparison to the president discredits everything else in your post. Just my opinion. 

I understand where you're coming from but I have to disagree here. I'm not promoting politics on the forum. But he barely even said anything about politics. He mentioned the presidents name and that's as far as that went. So getting "too deep" into politics? I don't see it. 

There was a clear message about football in his post. 

To answer the OP's opening question - Yes, I think most of us look at the roster and see vast improvement, or at least great potential with the guys Ballard has brought in.

I think we all agree that we need better coaching when it comes to game planning, play calling and adjustments.

Personally, I think they're coaching the players well as far as their technique in most cases. 

In my mind this is maybe not a rebuilding year, but an 'improvement' year.  I want to see the team gel and get better each week.  So far, so good.

To answer the OP's opening question - Yes, I think most of us look at the roster and see vast improvement, or at least great potential with the guys Ballard has brought in.

I think we all agree that we need better coaching when it comes to game planning, play calling and adjustments.

Personally, I think they're coaching the players well as far as their technique in most cases. 

In my mind this is maybe not a rebuilding year, but an 'improvement' year.  I want to see the team gel and get better each week.  So far, so good.

3 hours ago, XxGoosexX said:

Does anyone look at our roster? If so maybe you can see pretty much the same thing... Ballard has done a great job! We have a great 53 man roster right? Real play makers. Young and learning everyday and looking better every week. Now take a look at our daily list of guys that can't practice or play the next game. Man... what a list! We have had 5, 7 or maybe 8 guys on there all season. Some of the best  play makers from our roster. No matter if they was on the roster last year or who picked them, it was Ballard that didn't trade, waiver or cut them. This is Ballard's team as far as I'm concerned.

Now with that being said, I read a lot of this forum, and no matter what the topic, There is always a Pagano debate and there is alway a sit luck even if healthy debate.

Ballard has done a great job, and things are definitely trending in the right direction, but I'm hesitant to call it a "great 53 man roster." I like our starters for the most part, but what we're lacking is truly great depth. Even with a healthy Andrew, Kelly, Vontae, and Geathers, New England would go through us like a wet paper sack. I'd love to be wrong about that last part, but unfortunately I don't think we're going to find out this year.

I did look ahead to our 2018 opponents though, and the Colts do make a trip to Foxboro next season, so it'd be nice if we can make that leap from decent core group of starters to contender by then.

3 hours ago, XxGoosexX said:

As far as Chuck Pagano...  well it would be nice if he could use the whole 53 man roster and show off what Ballard has given him.  There will always be some head-scathing calls from the sidelines, we all know that... is there better coaches out there? yes there is, there is also worse... he is what we have this year plain and simple. It's his job on the line not mine. I hope he does a good enough job to keep it to be honest. Because I'm still hoping for a good season, yes even after going 1-2. Our guys are healing and getting better every week, I think if Pagano had the whole roster to work with,  there might be less debate?? 

Sit a healthy Andrew Luck... 

No way, never, no how!! Everyone that wants to sit a healthy Luck might be crazy or jus not thinking right. You want all 52 of our other players to go out there and do the best job, busting their *'s while there fearless leader sits on the bench so he won't get hurt?? You want Andrew healthy for next year? So do I!! What about this year?? I want him on the field with the other 52 guys (some of these guys won't be here next year) and do what he does best, play football! I'm more of a let's see what we can get done this year and worry about next year, next year.. 

I have great hopes for Ballards decision making, if he wants to keep Pagano or let him go.. I'm excited to see how he does next free agency and how he drafts. Ballard is the one I'm behind... I'm not giving up on this year! I think we'll be even better next year. 

Go Colts! 

I wish everybody including myself was wrong about pagano but no he is awful don't let beating the browns cloud you from the fact this team isn't going anywhere this season.

I know this sounds like Captain Obvious, but it is Ballards normal everyday decision making that will make all the difference in our future.  Whether we keep a player...grab a player...draft a player....hire a coach ....fire a coach.  It all adds up over a few years.  Grigson, I think, made enough bad decisions to cancel out his good.  You hope after 3 years or so, that we have the right coaches and the right players....or at least pretty darn good.  Not everyone has that type of decision making in their DNA....I hope he does.

I also agree that Ballard is doing a great job so far. I really liked his draft and the way he approached FA. I was onboard with the trade for Beef (JB, I have a nickname for almost all the players lol) from the get go and it's working wonders so far! I'm excited to see the talent he can accumulate over the next couple drafts/free agency. Not looking past this year :D just very eager to see how he fixes some of the other issues with the team (OL & MLB even though I like George). Cant fix it all in one offseason.

I have stated that I'm ready for a coaching change at the end of the season. That does NOT mean I don't want to see Chuck succeed. Because if he is then that means the Colts are doing well and that's all that matters at the end of the day. He has done some things I like and some that has me scratching my head. I am all for him fighting for his job till the end of the season and see what happens but at the same time I just don't think he is the coach to eventually put the Colts over the top. I will happily eat crow if he pulls it off though :rock:

Luck.....no he should not sit if 100%. I don't see any positives to him sitting on the bench the whole year. None. Not sure why this is even a topic of discussion to be honest.

On 9/26/2017 at 2:20 PM, NannyMcafee said:

I understand where you're coming from but I have to disagree here. I'm not promoting politics on the forum. But he barely even said anything about politics. He mentioned the presidents name and that's as far as that went. So getting "too deep" into politics? I don't see it. 

There was a clear message about football in his post. 

Maybe too deep wasn't the words, but it was unnecessary in my opinion.  

On 9/26/2017 at 3:12 PM, Vinatieri4 said:

But starting off your point on a football forum with a comparison to the president discredits everything else in your post. Just my opinion. 

I just don't get how you make this blanket statement.  First off his original statement he mentioned the President to analogize how he has blind support for Pagano no matter what he thinks of the job he's doing b/c he's a Colts fan so he wants the best for the Colts like he wants the best for his country?  Plus also how does the mentioning of the President discredit a football idea?  I just don't get the logic.  Now if you said you tuned it out b/c of the mention then I can easily see where you are coming from but to discredit what was said when actually it was a great analogy, I just don't get it.

All that said, this isn't a great 53 man roster.  This is a great 1 year roster overhaul starting from the bottom.  It is a great tear down, to build up job.  I just wish we had coaches who could get the most out of the little (compared to the other 3 teams in our division) talent we do have.

1 hour ago, tikyle said:

I just don't get how you make this blanket statement.  First off his original statement he mentioned the President to analogize how he has blind support for Pagano no matter what he thinks of the job he's doing b/c he's a Colts fan so he wants the best for the Colts like he wants the best for his country?  Plus also how does the mentioning of the President discredit a football idea?  I just don't get the logic.  Now if you said you tuned it out b/c of the mention then I can easily see where you are coming from but to discredit what was said when actually it was a great analogy, I just don't get it.

All that said, this isn't a great 53 man roster.  This is a great 1 year roster overhaul starting from the bottom.  It is a great tear down, to build up job.  I just wish we had coaches who could get the most out of the little (compared to the other 3 teams in our division) talent we do have.

I am not too sure I get that comment about the low talent level of the other three teams in the division. All three other teams have players on their teams that are as a whole better than the Colts have. They have better depth, one has a great RB and one has a real good defense when healthy. The Jags and the Texans both have a lot better talent that the Colts on their defense. The only thing that has been holding a couple of these teams down in the past is the coaching.

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am not too sure I get that comment about the low talent level of the other three teams in the division. All three other teams have players on their teams that are as a whole better than the Colts have. They have better depth, one has a great RB and one has a real good defense when healthy. The Jags and the Texans both have a lot better talent that the Colts on their defense. The only thing that has been holding a couple of these teams down in the past is the coaching.

I was saying the Colts have a low talent level compared to those other 3 teams and I wish our coaches could develop the little talent we do have since it is mostly young.

19 minutes ago, tikyle said:

I was saying the Colts have a low talent level compared to those other 3 teams and I wish our coaches could develop the little talent we do have since it is mostly young.

I think that is what is happening right now. The hard part is trying to get wins while waiting for these players to get NFL ready.

When the wins don't come some want to blame the coaching when reality is some of these players are not where they need to be as far as playing as a unit.

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think that is what is happening right now. The hard part is trying to get wins while waiting for these players to get NFL ready.

When the wins don't come some want to blame the coaching when reality is some of these players are not where they need to be as far as playing as a unit.

So to me the question is, is what you are saying true in the coaches are coaching up the young guys?  If so then that means Grigson didn't even provide Pagano with "coachable" talent to even be something.  Or are the players that Ballard is getting are just better and it's manifesting itself?

If you are right then that's even sadder to think about.  It's sad to think we've had coaches that can coach up talent but the level of talent they were provided is so low there is nothing they could really do with it that would make a difference in the NFL (Bjorn Werner, Trent Richardson, Khaled Holmes, etc).  Man that's depressing!

3 hours ago, tikyle said:

So to me the question is, is what you are saying true in the coaches are coaching up the young guys?  If so then that means Grigson didn't even provide Pagano with "coachable" talent to even be something.  Or are the players that Ballard is getting are just better and it's manifesting itself?

If you are right then that's even sadder to think about.  It's sad to think we've had coaches that can coach up talent but the level of talent they were provided is so low there is nothing they could really do with it that would make a difference in the NFL (Bjorn Werner, Trent Richardson, Khaled Holmes, etc).  Man that's depressing!

That is exactly why Grigson was fired. I feel pretty good about the moves that Ballard has made. Only time will have the answers.

There have been time during the years where my family which has 9 Giants fans to 1 Colts fan(me) bust my chops that I should switch.....Family members now hinting "if Giants lose they will pull hard for Colts Sunday night so that someone in family might have a playoff team"......Colts better than the Giants.....Could be ?.........GO COLTS !!!!!!!!!

On 9/26/2017 at 6:44 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

I wish everybody including myself was wrong about pagano but no he is awful don't let beating the browns cloud you from the fact this team isn't going anywhere this season.

This team is the best one we have had in the luck era so they are more than capable of going somewhere. Just need great qb play.

15 hours ago, Stephen said:

This team is the best one we have had in the luck era so they are more than capable of going somewhere. Just need great qb play.

They might be the best team by December....      but they're not even close in September.    Not even a little bit close.

Or didn't you see the disaster in Los Angeles?