Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Credit the 49ers ..

MackAttack

As others have said, he simply misspoke and was probably thinking ahead to the common coachspeak, "we have to put this one behind us and focus on the 49ers".  He got ahead of himself thinking about the teams.

Misspeaking is the last thing I'm concerned about with Pagano, although it does feed into the notion that he may get more easily rattled.

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

As others have said, he simply misspoke and was probably thinking ahead to the common coachspeak, "we have to put this one behind us and focus on the 49ers".  He got ahead of himself thinking about the teams.

Misspeaking is the last thing I'm concerned about with Pagano, although it does feed into the notion that he may get more easily rattled.

So he misspoke and was going to say we need to prepare for the 49ers... ok that's fine. We play the cardinals this Sunday. It's just one of many things that pagano gets wrong. Pretty sure that's the point. 

2 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

So he misspoke and was going to say we need to prepare for the 49ers... ok that's fine. We play the cardinals this Sunday. It's just one of many things that pagano gets wrong. Pretty sure that's the point. 

Doh.  I need to look at the schedule myself.   Still, saying the wrong team during the presser isn't that big of a deal.  I don't equate imprecision with being wrong, but that's me.