Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018?

Lucky Colts Fan

I don't know why this just occurred to me, it's pretty random, but it's got me kind of excited about 2018.  The last time the Colts drafted DBs with their first two picks was 2005, and the following year they won the SB.  In 2006 the Colts got Addai in the 1st, and drafted Bethea.  If the Colts get a RB and SS in this next draft (assuming Gore/Turbin and Geathers aren't really long-term solutions), this roster would look pretty solid.  Assuming all of Ballards picks and FAs are solid players, of course.

It's not too far-fetched to see the Colts having a decent 2017 like 2005, maybe Chuck notches another 11-5 season with a playoff win or two and cools his seat down a little bit.  Then a solid draft and SB run in 2018.

:lombardi:

29 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I don't know why this just occurred to me, it's pretty random, but it's got me kind of excited about 2018.  The last time the Colts drafted DBs with their first two picks was 2005, and the following year they won the SB.  In 2006 the Colts got Addai in the 1st, and drafted Bethea.  If the Colts get a RB and SS in this next draft (assuming Gore/Turbin and Geathers aren't really long-term solutions), this roster would look pretty solid.  Assuming all of Ballards picks and FAs are solid players, of course.

It's not too far-fetched to see the Colts having a decent 2017 like 2005, maybe Chuck notches another 11-5 season with a playoff win or two and cools his seat down a little bit.  Then a solid draft and SB run in 2018.

:lombardi:

Um Addai was an RB. So I'm not following the DBs with their first two picks thing. :thinking:

I never believe in optimism unless it is warranted. I don't pick the Colts to win the division as they are still an underdog and rightfully so. If Houston's Watson survives preseason with any degree of success I think get will move in to the starting line up early as their QB. Tennessee is the team to beat in our division if they remain healthy. 11-5 may be possible with Luck but will that be enough to win the division, only time will tell. Hopefully, the Colts will surprise some people. Everyone likes nice surprises. 

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

I never believe in optimism unless it is warranted. I don't pick the Colts to win the division as they are still an underdog and rightfully so. If Houston's Watson survives preseason with any degree of success I think get will move in to the starting line up early as their QB. Tennessee is the team to beat in our division if they remain healthy. 11-5 may be possible with Luck but will that be enough to win the division, only time will tell. Hopefully, the Colts will surprise some people. Everyone likes nice surprises. 

dont buy into the nonsense that Tennessee is the team to beat.  They have never beat an Andrew Luck led Colts team.....NEVER.  We beat them twice EVERY year!!!  

Houston won the division without JJ Watt and had crap at QB.  They now have what could be an above average QB and Watt back.  I think we pull our stuff together and win the division THIS YEAR but Houston is the team to beat 

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

dont buy into the nonsense that Tennessee is the team to beat.  They have never beat an Andrew Luck led Colts team.....NEVER.  We beat them twice EVERY year!!!  

Houston won the division without JJ Watt and had crap at QB.  They now have what could be an above average QB and Watt back.  I think we pull our stuff together and win the division THIS YEAR but Houston is the team to beat 

I disagree. Living in the past bears no reward. Tennessee will beat the Colts both games this year. One example, Ryan Leaf hammered Peyton Manning in their first meeting. How did they turn out?

Just now, King Colt said:

I disagree. Living in the past bears no reward. Tennessee will beat the Colts both games this year.

That is ridiculous.  There is no reason to think that.  We beat them twice last year and (not living in the past) have arguably improved more than they have.  

We have upgraded at about 9 defensive positions.  Name 1 position that we are worse off at?  Name 1 player that we lost and didn't upgrade his position? 

The Titans are the same Titans they always are.  They added some WR help.... ok..... We upgraded our secondary.  We also will have a MUCH IMPROVED pass rush.  I would bet a lot of money that the Colts don't lose twice to the titans.  maybe 1 and 1.... but i bet we go 2-0 vs the titans and Jags, and go 1-1 with Houston

7 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I disagree. Living in the past bears no reward. Tennessee will beat the Colts both games this year.

I can't get over this comment....  all we can base our prediction for this upcoming season on is what we have seen in the recent past and what happened in the offseason.  Please give me some sort of factual evidence that shows how and why the Titans supposedly improved MORE than the Colts....

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

That is ridiculous.  There is no reason to think that.  We beat them twice last year and (not living in the past) have arguably improved more than they have.  

We have upgraded at about 9 defensive positions.  Name 1 position that we are worse off at?  Name 1 player that we lost and didn't upgrade his position? 

The Titans are the same Titans they always are.  They added some WR help.... ok..... We upgraded our secondary.  We also will have a MUCH IMPROVED pass rush.  I would bet a lot of money that the Colts don't lose twice to the titans.  maybe 1 and 1.... but i bet we go 2-0 vs the titans and Jags, and go 1-1 with Houston

No, what IS ridiculous is people believing their team will win only because it's their team. When is the last time your team even made the playoffs. If it walks and talks like a duck it is not a pigeon.

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I can't get over this comment....  all we can base our prediction for this upcoming season on is what we have seen in the recent past and what happened in the offseason.  Please give me some sort of factual evidence that shows how and why the Titans supposedly improved MORE than the Colts....

Define "tactical evidence." Here's my definition: The Titans are a better team.

Just now, King Colt said:

No, what IS ridiculous is people believing their team will win only because it's their team. When is the last time your team even made the playoffs. If it walks and talks like a duck it is not a pigeon.

"only because it's their team"   dude.... i just listed facts, stats, and reasons...  sorry you don't seem to be able to do the same.

"When is the last time your team made the playoffs":  Colts: 2014     Titans: 2008

Try to keep up.... lol

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

"only because it's their team"   dude.... i just listed facts, stats, and reasons...  sorry you don't seem to be able to do the same.

"When is the last time your team made the playoffs":  Colts: 2014     Titans: 2008

Try to keep up.... lol

Post me in January..............du-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-de

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

You've got to have more proof than that.    What is there to say that?  Just pointing to a roster?

nah... he is going with the "I'm right because I said so" strategy.  You know, like a child does.

7 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Post me in January..............du-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-de

trust me... there are a lot of words i want to call you besides dude but I would get banned and the forum blocks them all.   Thanks for trying to make fun of me though.  You have shown your level of intelligence and maturity in this thread.  

Let's settle this by writing down how many professional authorities agree with me after preseason is done versus my desperate opponents clinging to  dream that will not come true in 2018. Not one sane person will pick the Colts over the Titans. I don't like it but it is what it is. I don't care for Floyd Mayweather but my money would be on him because we will win. Why? Because it is what it is. When a horse goes lame they shoot them. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

trust me... there are a lot of words i want to call you besides dude.  I would get banned and the forum blocks them all tho.   Thanks for trying to make fun of me though.  You have shown your level of intelligence and maturity in this thread.  

Oh my, another internet tough guy. How much can you bench press using internet pounds?

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Let's settle this by writing down how many professional authorities agree with me after preseason is done versus my desperate opponents clinging to  dream that will not come true in 2018. Not one sane person will pick the Colts over the Titans. I don't like it but it is what it is. I don't care for Floyd Mayweather but my money would be on him because we will win. Why? Because it is what it is. When a horse goes lame they shoot them. 

ok, now i get your thinking.  You heard the guys on ESPN talking up the Titans so you jumped ship and climbed on the band wagon.  You do realize that teams like the Titans and Jags win the off-season every single year right???  it wouldn't be much of a story to say the opposite

8 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Oh my, another internet tough guy. How much can you bench press using internet pounds?

come on man.  just stop.  I was just trying to have an adult conversation and debate a topic with you.  You went with all the cliche troll responses in this thread:  i live in the past, i only think my team will win because it's my team, tried to make fun of the word "tactical" even though I said "factual", then told me you are right because you said so, trying to mock me for saying "dude", said to post you in January lol, then called me an internet tough guy for shutting down your lame non supported comments left and right....   you seem like you need a hug,  or the regular season to start

9 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

You have to be joking 

No, sadly I am not joking. I really do not think we would be favorites in any game.

The lowly Jaguars have beaten us two years in a row, and in one of those wins, they scored 50+ points. They may suck year-in and year-out, but they are a tough match up for us, even with Luck. They have a better run game, better receiving corps, and a much, much better defense than the Colts. It all comes down to Bortles. Luck is better, but we don't know Luck's status as of now, do we?

The Titans finished 9-7 last year. They finished second in the division while the Colts finished third. Their arrow is clearly pointing up. They have the best O-line in the division, (one of the best int he league), best run game in the division, and have bolstered their weak areas: D-backs and receivers. They have improved. The logic that the Titans have never beaten a Luck led Colts team isn't sound logic. Remember when we were saying that the Texans had never beaten the Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium...never. Until they did.

The Texans have the best defense in the division, and one of the best in the league. They have two players that are among the best in the league at their respective positions, Watt and Clowney. They have a better run game than the Colts. The only advantage we have is Luck, who again, is coming off of an injury and we do not yet know his status. I suspect that even if he plays, he will have trouble against a defense that beat him twice last year, and that was without Watt.

27 minutes ago, King Colt said:

What in the world... are you having a fever dream or something?

You just went from apples to oranges to dead horses in one post...  :scratch:

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Um Addai was an RB. So I'm not following the DBs with their first two picks thing. :thinking:

We drafted Jackson and Hayden in 2005, then Addai and Bethea in 2006.

We drafted Hooker and Wilson in 2017, and hopefully a solid RB and SS in 2018.

Maybe I'm reading into the tea leaves a little too much, but I like being optimistic.  If Ballard has another good draft and we have two good young RBs in Mack and ?, like we did with Rhodes and Addai...  :thmup:

33 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

mariota hasn't even finished a full season in the nfl, let alone playoffs

If that's a knock on Mariota, then it's a bigger knock on Luck, who has missed more games in the same time span.

Meanwhile, Mariota is back practicing with his team and playing in the preseason, while Luck is still rehabbing.

I'm a huge Luck fan! But I can't call out Mariota for being injured when my favorite player has been more injured.

11 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

And...he's coming off a major injury?

just stating a fact

he has yet to play 16 games in a season.  i brought it up becasue lucks injuries are talked about constantly, but we haven't seen that MM can play 16 games plus playoffs and stay healthy 

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

just stating a fact

he has yet to play 16 games in a season.  i brought it up becasue lucks injuries are talked about constantly, but we haven't seen that MM can play 16 games plus playoffs and stay healthy 

Exactly sir.  My comment wasn't really a question.  LOL

Other than pointing at "hey look at their roster" I see much of nothing to make me feel like we should be swept or even beaten by the Titans.   There's no game proof.  All there is is "well they could possibly do it".   I'm staying confident in my boys until it happens.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Tennessee is the team to beat in our division if they remain healthy.

Where are you getting this from?  The "experts" online and on TV?  

Tennessee will beat the Colts both games this year.

Can I borrow your crystal ball/time machine?  :)

Define "tactical evidence." Here's my definition: The Titans are a better team.

How are you defining "better team"?  Are you talking about this year, or 2018?

The Titans have yet to show that they are anything but average, so you're being pretty optimistic about them without any proof.  Your optimism for the Titans isn't any more or less sane than my optimism for the 2018 Colts, and at least my optimism is for MY team...  :scratch:

35 minutes ago, krunk said:

Other than pointing at "hey look at their roster" I see much of nothing to make me feel like we should be swept or even beaten by the Titans.   There's no game proof.  All there is is "well they could possibly do it".   I'm staying confident in my boys until it happens.

Arguing over predictions is useless and meaningless.  It's like arguing over power poll placement.  Opinions.

Last year most people would probably have said the Titans were a better team than us, yet we swept them.  Everyone said the Texans were better, yet we were a few plays from beating them both times.  At the very least you have to admit we were competitive.  Same as with the Jags.

Texans get Watt back (for how long?) but they lost a few pieces.  And no one knows who their QB is or how he'll fare.  Jags better hope they don't have to count on Bortles.  And the Titans got better, but for some reason we match up well with them. 

I predict a fun season for me no matter what our record ends up.  I'm very confident in that prediction.

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

I disagree. Living in the past bears no reward. Tennessee will beat the Colts both games this year. One example, Ryan Leaf hammered Peyton Manning in their first meeting. How did they turn out?

Tennessee better not beat us. I've been going to Colts games since 2003 and I've never seen them lose. Better not start with the games I'll be attending this year. 

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

No he didn't.  In their first meeting it was the Colts first win of the season, Colts won 17-12.  And Manning was the only one of the two to throw a TD pass.

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

We drafted Jackson and Hayden in 2005, then Addai and Bethea in 2006.

We drafted Hooker and Wilson in 2017, and hopefully a solid RB and SS in 2018.

Maybe I'm reading into the tea leaves a little too much, but I like being optimistic.  If Ballard has another good draft and we have two good young RBs in Mack and ?, like we did with Rhodes and Addai...  :thmup:

I'd love to get S Marcus Allen to pair with Hooker at safety, and a power RB who has great vision to pair with Mack. Then with the rest of the picks, get another CB, ILB, OL, and OLB. Free agency I'd go out and get DT Timmy Jernigan to make this DL even better, and another quality OL player who stays healthy. 

50 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I'd love to get S Marcus Allen to pair with Hooker at safety, and a power RB who has great vision to pair with Mack. Then with the rest of the picks, get another CB, ILB, OL, and OLB. Free agency I'd go out and get DT Timmy Jernigan to make this DL even better, and another quality OL player who stays healthy

Healthy is the key word.  Maybe it's just me or maybe every team has this issue, but the Colts always seem to have injury issues on both the OLine and DLine.

We get both solidified and we can really make some progress.  And after a AFCCG appearance recently, "progress" means winning a friggin SB.

2018 :lombardi: